Brentford FC’s biggest away fixture this century is taking place on 5th December
at Hounslow Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 4DN
, where the Planning Committee will meet to decide on the Football Club’s planning application to build a Community Stadium with the necessary enabling development at Lionel Road.
Over a decade of hard work by Brentford supporters to keep the Club alive has brought us to this crucial moment. A positive outcome will transform the viability of the Club; a negative outcome would return us to an age of uncertainty. Nothing has been decided, there are no foregone conclusions and the committee will make their decision on night (Think of the Olympics when London beat Paris to win the Olympic vote).
The issue is so big that this planning meeting is taking place in the Marketing Suite at the Civic Centre, which has a capacity for 1,000 people. Even if you have to leave before the end of the meeting to get back your attendance can still have a big influence on the committee's decision.
You may have read that earlier in the week The Planning Officer has recommended that the scheme is approved, however this does not
mean the Planning Committee will vote in favour so your attendance is vital
. You can read the planning officers report on the Hounslow Council website at http://democraticservices.hounslow.g....aspx?ID=85368
REMEMBER, REMEMBER the 5th of DECEMBER!
The Meeting is scheduled to commence at 7.30pm, you are advised to arrive as early – doors open 6.30pm – to ensure admittance and to get the best choice of seats.
Directions to Hounslow Civic Centre
The full postal address is: Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow, TW3 4DN (Map
- There is a small pay and display car park at the Civic Centre and a number of disabled bays for Blue Badge holders. Other than that you will need to rely on street parking which is limited.
- The closest underground station is Hounslow Central on the Piccadily line. The tube station is a 5 minute walk to the Civic Centre.
- The nearest mainline station is Hounslow which is about a 20 minute walk.
- The H20 (Ivybridge to Isleworth) and 120 (Hounslow & Southall) buses both stop outside Civic Centre.
- Hounslow bus garage with routes from Twickenham, Richmond, Feltham and beyond is approximately a 10 minute walk.
Please turn up, this is the one night we have been waiting for since the Lionel Road Site was identified as our only viable proposition for our club as far back as 2002. No need to wear Brentford kit etc.
Thank you all.