• Latest News RSS Feed

    by Published on 30th December 2013 12:44

    Shaleum Logan has been given assurances over his Brentford future after showdown talks with manager Mark Warburton. The former Manchester City defender hasn’t started a game since October, with Alan McCormack being preferred at right-back. However, Logan, who is entering the final six months of his contract, made a brief cameo in Sunday’s win against MK Dons and the 25-year-old insists he’s not seeking a move away from Griffin Park ahead of the January window. He said: “I know I’ve got the talent to play, but in all fairness to Alan McCormack he’s doing a good job. I don’t have any hard feelings towards him or the manager because the team’s winning and we’re top of the table. I’m happy here but obviously I want to play first-team football. I spoke to the manager the other day and he has reassured me that I will get time on the pitch. The first game since that meeting I got some minutes, so that’s all I can ask.”

    Brentford lead the race to sign Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom. Bees boss Mark Warburton is keen to bolster his promotion-chasing squad in January, with 18-year-old Akpom on his radar. Brentford’s head of academy recruitment Shaun O’Connor brought the youngster to Arsenal during his time working at the Premier League club more than a decade ago. Akpom has progressed through the ranks at the Emirates, making his first-team debut against Sunderland back in September. However, he has featured just once for Arsene Wenger’s side since, with the Gunners keen to loan him out to continue his development. The Bees face competition from League One rivals Peterborough, Leyton Orient and MK Dons for his signature.
    by Published on 28th December 2013 15:32

    Brentford are battling it out with League One rivals Sheffield United for Blackburn Rovers winger Alan Judge. The 25-year-old has been restricted to just seven starts for the Championship side since returning to Ewood Park in the summer after two seasons with Notts County. Bees boss Mark Warburton is in the market for a couple of January signings to bolster his promotion-chasing squad for the second half of the season. The Griffin Park chief will be without wide man Kadeem Harris for at least four weeks after the on-loan Cardiff City youngster suffered a hamstring injury at Preston earlier this month. The Hounslow Chronicle understands the west Londoners are weighing up a loan move for Irishman Judge to fill the void.
    by Published on 28th December 2013 15:30

    Clayton Donaldson - Insists he wants to stay at Brentford as speculation about his future rumbles on. The Bees star has smashed 11 goals in 24 games this season, but is entering the final six months of his current deal. Donaldson is in talks over an extension but is yet to be offered fresh terms, with League One rivals Wolves linked with the former Crewe the hotshot last summer. However, the 29-year-old insists he’s happy in TW8 and has quashed any talk of a January exit. He said: “The club and I have spoken briefly and we both know where we stand. They want to know what division they’re in next season [before making an offer] and I’m no different. It’s still early days. There’s lot of games and points to play for and hopefully things will be clearer later in the season. I’m just enjoying my football at the moment. I want to be playing in the Championship with Brentford next season, so there’s no chance of me leaving in January.”

    Kadeem Harris - Brentford plan to extend the loan, even though the Cardiff City winger won't be fit to play for another month. The 20-year-old has scored twice in 11 games for the Bees since his switch from the Bluebirds in October, but is due to return to the Welsh club at the beginning of January. Harris is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury sustained at Preston last weekend, which is set to keep him out for at least another four weeks but Brentford boss Mark Warburton wants to keep him at Griffin Park. He said: "We're looking to work with Cardiff. It's important to send out the right message of commitment to player and show him he's part of what we're doing. We're going to be without him for four weeks plus. He's a powerful athlete so he may recover quicker. Kadeem's being treated here and we want to keep him onside. Hopefully he will stay on board."

    George Saville - Mark Warburton is in talks to keep Saville at Griffin Park for the rest of the season.

    Marcello Trotta - Mark Warburton is in talks to keep Trotta at Griffin Park for the rest of the season.

    Ben Nugent - Likely to return to Cardiff City after failing to make an impact at Brentford.
    by Published on 23rd December 2013 11:00

    Brentford winger Stuart Dallas has been recalled from a loan spell at Northampton Town. The 22-year-old has been with the Sky Bet League Two side since the start of October. He has played 12 games for The Cobblers and scored three goals. Stuart has been called back to Brentford ahead of the Christmas fixtures. He will train with The Bees today and be available for the game against Swindon Town at Griffin Park on Thursday, Boxing Day, December 26. Mark Warburton, Brentford FC Manager, said: “Stuart has today been recalled from his loan spell with Northampton Town. The idea of the loan was to allow the player to continue his development through regular and consistent pitch time and we have been delighted by both the amount he has played and the level of his performances over the last few weeks. Stuart returns to the squad match fit and in good shape to play his part for the Christmas programme and the second half of the season.”

    Brentford boss Mark Warburton will hold talks with Martin Fillo in the next month to discuss his future. The Czech winger has made just four league starts after his season-long loan switch from Viktoria Plzen in the summer and hasn't featured at all since the beginning of October. Fillo was signed by former boss Uwe Rosler, who he worked with during their time together at Viking, and is yet to make the squad since Warburton took charge earlier this month. The 27-year-old is well down the pecking order at Griffin Park, and Warburton plans to sit down and hold talks over his future. He said: "Martin's on loan with us until the end of the season, but we'll speak to him to see what he wants to do. The players are the most important thing. They want to play football, but it's a very strong squad and there's lots of competition."
    by Published on 23rd December 2013 08:12

    Development Squad midfield player Emmanuel Oyeleke has extended his loan spell at Aldershot Town for another month. Emmanuel, better known to most as Manny, joined The Shots on a Youth Loan in August. His loan spell expires on Sunday, December 22, as Manny turns 21 on Christmas Eve, December 24, and Youth Loans are only available for players under 21 years of age. A new deal has been agreed to keep Manny at Aldershot until Tuesday January 28. In four months at Aldershot Manny has made 27 appearances, playing in both midfield and at right back, and scored four goals.

    Ose Aibangee, Brentford Academy Director, said: “Manny has done very well at Aldershot. We have had good reports both about the way he has played and also with the way he has conducted himself as a professional. We are very pleased with how the loan is going and this extension allows Manny to play through the busy Christmas period. He has learned a lot from the football he has played and will continue to develop as a player and a person by staying at Aldershot for a little longer. Manny worked with the First Team at Brentford in the past and we hope that he will come back better equipped to push for a place again.”
    by Published on 20th December 2013 12:14

    Clayton Donaldson - Brentford boss Mark Warburton plans to hold further talks with striker Donaldson over his future in the next week. The Bees star has smashed 10 goals in 22 games this season, but is entering the final six months of his current deal and is yet to be offered fresh terms. League One rivals Wolves were interested in signing the hotshot in the summer, while Brentford are braced for more interest when the transfer window re-opens after an impressive start to the campaign. However, Warburton wants to keep the 29-year-old at Griffin Park. He said: “We’ve met with his agent several times to see what he’s looking for. Clayton’s one of our older players and he’s a very ambitious guy. He’s got aspirations to play in the Championship, but we want that to be with Brentford. Both parties will talk again before Christmas and see where we are. We didn’t pay a fee for Clayton. He’s provided a great service to the club and has certainly given us value for money. We’re looking to keep him. If Clayton’s enjoying his football and scoring goals he’ll be happy, and if he’s happy he’ll want to stay at Brentford.”

    George Saville - Brentford are in talks with Chelsea to extend the loan spell of midfielder Saville. The Blues youngster has been a big hit since his arrival at Griffin Park in the summer, scoring three goals in 22 games for the Bees. However, Saville is due to return to Stamford Bridge after the trip to Peterborough United on January 1, although he recently told the Chronicle he wants to remain in TW8. Brentford boss Mark Warburton is hopeful of keeping the highly-rated 20-year-old until the end of the season. He said: “It’s about the level of dialogue you have with these clubs, in terms of providing them with DVDs, reports and medical updates. This all displays Brentford in a positive light. The players are developing – they’re not coming here and not featuring. If all parties are happy then fingers crossed we can maintain the players here.”

    Kadeem Harris - Brentford boss Mark Warburton is hopeful of keeping Cardiff City winger Harris until the end of the season.

    Ben Nugent - Cardiff City defender Nugent's loan expires in January, but the 20-year-old is expected to return to Wales after failing to make an impact in west London.

    Farid El Alagui - Has rubbished reports linking him with a January move to Partick Thistle. The SPL side are interested in a loan swoop for the former Falkirk frontman, who is out of contract in the summer. El Alagui has started just once in the league this season, but has managed six goals in 16 games overall. However, the Moroccan marksman insists he's not seeking an escape route and is happy at Griffin Park. He said: "I'm not aware about going on loan in January. I haven't talked to anybody. I'm fully committed to Brentford."

    Marcello Trotta - Will hold talks with Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen before making a decision on his Brentford future. The Italian Under-21 striker has fired four goals in 16 games for the Bees this season, but is due to return to Craven Cottage in January. Brentford manager Mark Warburton is keen to keep the frontman in TW8 and has started negotiations with the Premier League club. However, Trotta will speak to new Craven Cottage chief Meulensteen to see whether he figures in Fulham's plans. He said: “I don’t know what’s happening at the moment. It will be up to Fulham and Brentford. It’s positive that the Fulham manager is giving the younger players an opportunity in the first team. Of course, it makes me think I might have a chance but I’ll have to speak to him and see what he wants to do. But I’m really enjoying my time at Brentford playing regular games. There’s a lot of competition up front but I feel it’s bringing out the best in us.”
    by Published on 20th December 2013 12:10

    Scott Barron has stepped up his recovery from a hip injury after returning to training this week. The Brentford defender had surgery back in March in a bid to clear up the problem, which ruled him out of the final few months of the campaign. Barron battled back to fitness over the summer and made his competitive return in the League Cup win over Dagenham in August. But the 28-year-old has featured just four times since after suffering a recurrence of the injury. However, Barron has resumed training at the club's Jersey Road base as he closes in on a return to action.

    Brentford captain Kevin O'Connor stepped up his recovery from a groin injury with a run out for the reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Brighton this week. The Bees stalwart has been restricted to just five appearances this season, and hasn't featured since the 4-0 drubbing by Bradford at the beginning of September. O'Connor was an unused sub for Saturday's victory against Oldham but gained valuable minutes for a Brentford second string against Albion. Boss Mark Warburton said: "Kevin came through the game well. He's ready to play if needed and in contention for the weekend. It's great to have him back. He's a top pro and well respected by the squad."

    Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
  • GPG Stats

    Number of Members: 6,419
    Total Threads: 105,438
    Total Posts: 2,365,569
    Currently Online: 100

    Newest Member: Cookie
<-- Google -->