Listening to UR's Bees Player interview last night he twice referred to "freshening things up" for next week's big match at Tranmere.
So for all the "Tinkerman moaners" I suspect you will have lots of ammunition to criticise him with although playing away to a rampant top team
scoring goals for fun makes it totally appropriate that we try and counter their strengths AS LONG as we also try and impose ours on
them - that is key to getting anything out of the game. if we just sit back we will get picked off.
I wonder what he means though.
Assuming they are fit Moore and Douglas will start and I do not think he was thinking about them as their absence would only be due to injury.
My guess is that he will be looking firstly address the following
- terrible conversion rate of chances made
- need for forwards and wide players especially to press and do their defensive work (remember Alexander playing as an auxiliary centre half at Sheff wed last season)
- the need to stop Tranmere's attacking left back Babayoko (or whatever he is called) from surging forward where he was created (and scored) many of their goals so far this season
- Countering Akpo Akpo's pace and strength
- Ensuring that Robinson doesnt get a chance to make deep runs and get close to goal
- Getting hold of Wallace their best creative player
I wonder what he will do and the key questions are:
- What formation will he use and I suspect 4-5-1
- Who will be upfront - I have a feeling that it won't be Clayton
- Will he start Forester in an away game - maybe if he defends better
- Will Fredericks get a start - perhaps in an effort to keep the left back occupied
Is this a game for Kevin O'Connor - could well be
I am sure I have got everything wrong but that's my thinking to date!