Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stewarding in Braemar Road

Joined in Mar 2014
    From Camberley
    1,981 Posts
    808 Likes for 468 Posts
    Sorry to hear about this LB. Apart from the no swearing the thing that strikes me is that the comment was not even to the steward...I wonder how long it will be before fans are being shown the door for looking at them in the wrong way.

Not in the same league but to illustrate the lack of interest of many of the stewards...as I was leaving I overheard a steward (pitch side) discussing the game and saying how nice it was that we scored the equaliser as thought we were going to lose.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,597 Posts
    957 Likes for 546 Posts
    Not sure why you were thrown out. He wsd a jobsworth by sounds of it so should wear the cap. You did no wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Vid View Post
    That was in retaliation for the Steward who pulled their flag off the top deck of the Wendy House
    This advertisement board was lower tier, no flag on it
    ...over land and sea and Leipzig and Dulmen!

Speaking to a friend of mine who is a steward at the club, she works for a company called centre circle, who look after braemar road and brook road, whilst Brentford personally look after ealing and new roads.

http://www.centre-circle.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by LostBee View Post
    So be it.

I'll go to away games and watch Brighton (my local team) instead.
    My eldest lad was knicked a couple of seasons ago v Fulham.
    One foot over a hoarding but did the decent thing and returned to his seat.
    A Braemar Rd steward, found a copper (who wasn't even in the stands) and
    got my lad nicked whilst celebrations were ongoing on the pitch.
    My son who had been attending since he was 5 years old, doesn't go
    to games anymore and has a criminal record for putting one leg over an advert.

Quote Originally Posted by westwing View Post
    Same game that the stewards on seeing well known South coast supporters hugging Jota on the pitch chose not to confront !!!!!!!
    Gutless cowardly jobsworths who are officious as long as they are dealing with people who they believe won't give it back.

7. 4 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017), Brentford_till_die (14th August 2017), Herbert (13th August 2017), westwing (14th August 2017)
    We were on Ealing Road and just waiting after the final whistle to let the crowds clear. There were still a good few hundred left on the terrace when I was approached by a steward who thanked me. I assumed it must be a new tactic, i.e. thank the fans, make them go away feeling good about the experience. Clearly not. 'Can you go now' was his next request. So, we felt obliged to go and join the slow crawl out past the toilets down into the Braemar forecourt. Not bad I know but what was the point? Another 3 or 4 minutes and we'd have all been clear anyway. I'm in my 50's, I really wasn't looking as though I was going to leap onto the pitch or anything. Just seemed unnecessary.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From London
    52,943 Posts
    6,476 Likes for 2,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by busheybee View Post
    We were on Ealing Road and just waiting after the final whistle to let the crowds clear. There were still a good few hundred left on the terrace when I was approached by a steward who thanked me. I assumed it must be a new tactic, i.e. thank the fans, make them go away feeling good about the experience. Clearly not. 'Can you go now' was his next request. So, we felt obliged to go and join the slow crawl out past the toilets down into the Braemar forecourt. Not bad I know but what was the point? Another 3 or 4 minutes and we'd have all been clear anyway. I'm in my 50's, I really wasn't looking as though I was going to leap onto the pitch or anything. Just seemed unnecessary.
    Maybe he wanted to go home too

Quote Originally Posted by A Real Mysteron View Post
    My 15 year old son got left behind me today as we were going through the New Road turnstiles.
    (Where the stewarding was quite OTT and far more intimidating than in any other season).

As I turned round to look for him he was having his bag searched, and then was patted down by a steward.
    Before I complain about this, can anybody please confirm that they aren't allowed to lay their hands on minors, at least without parental supervision?
    I think you can definitely refuse to be searched or refuse permission to have your children searched. However the stewards can then refuse you entry to the stadium.

You could question whether they have been adequately trained for such actions. I doubt they all have.

Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,339 Posts
    3,314 Likes for 1,804 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofabee View Post
    Same game that the stewards on seeing well known South coast supporters hugging Jota on the pitch chose not to confront !!!!!!!
    Gutless cowardly jobsworths who are officious as long as they are dealing with people who they believe won't give it back.
    Same sort that will move lauding away fans in the home end to a better seat . Piss take
    Enjoy yourself. We're following the Bees..............

12. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017), Brentford_till_die (14th August 2017)
    Joined in Dec 2004
    From Ashford MIddx (not bloody Surrey)
    2,433 Posts
    549 Likes for 306 Posts
    Gone are the days of Dave (cannot remember surname) the big friendly steward who ran the Brentford supporters footie team ....

14. Quote Originally Posted by Bee4ever View Post
    Did you make the steward aware of your son's age ?

I had a steward put one of those electronic wands over me at one game last season. I was flattered that at the age of 74 I still look like a weapon carrying hooligan.
    I wasn't near enough to intervene unfortunately as I myself, my wife and daughter had managed to get ahead of him. Probably for the best, as by the sound of it they would have confiscated my season ticket if I had stopped the steward putting his hands on him!

The whole experience yesterday was just more unpleasant on New Road.
    This could be my last year as a season ticket holder I think.
    There are also some new CCTV cameras pointing out from the back of the stand which I noticed.

My 15 year old son got left behind me today as we were going through the New Road turnstiles.
    (Where the stewarding was quite OTT and far more intimidating than in any other season).

As I turned round to look for him he was having his bag searched, and then was patted down by a steward.
    Before I complain about this, can anybody please confirm that they aren't allowed to lay their hands on minors, at least without parental supervision?
    Given the steward is not a policeman I would suggest that if it happens again you could tell your boy to refuse to the search unless you are present. I would have thought they would defienently need to ask your lads permission to pat him down and only do so if the he agrees to it. I would have also thought that refusal of a search would result in not getting in, but asking a parent to be present should not be a problem. Lot of agg for a mere pat down but I can see your issue with this, if he was younger you would have full right to be massively pissed off. Given that kids in London shoot and stab each other at 15 I don't think the request for a search is an unreasonable one though.

16. Maybe I'm just being a bit precious about it. The bag search isn't the issue.
    I was just uncomfortable with the pat down.
    Especially as it was on his jeans.

Joined in Apr 2000
    5,597 Posts
    957 Likes for 546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladbroke View Post
    Speaking to a friend of mine who is a steward at the club, she works for a company called centre circle, who look after braemar road and brook road, whilst Brentford personally look after ealing and new roads.

http://www.centre-circle.co.uk
    We used yo call the Bees Club the Centre Circle when we ran it. Worrying.

Joined in Apr 2000
    5,597 Posts
    957 Likes for 546 Posts
    Crazy. Club has lost the plot.

19. 3 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017), Mr Tree (14th August 2017), westwing (14th August 2017)
    Maybe I'm just being a bit precious about it. The bag search isn't the issue.
    I was just uncomfortable with the pat down.
    Especially as it was on his jeans.
    I see your point. Don't think it preciousness, you should be present. They should have been trained to ask your boy if he had a parent or guardian with him. They could then have had a quick word with you prior to the search. Everyone clear on what's going to happen before the search takes place and nothing untoward.

21. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017)
    That's outrageous. Jobsworthery at its finest.

23. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017), westwing (14th August 2017)
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From London
    52,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    That's outrageous. Jobsworthery at its finest.
    I bet that westwing has given you the entire story. 100%. No missing facts. What. So. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I bet that westwing has given you the entire story. 100%. No missing facts. What. So. Ever.
    No I dont know him, however I have no reason to disbelieve him, that's the whole point isn't it? Innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Are you on the stewards payroll, allegedly seems a few of our higher profile fans are being bought ?

27. 1 user(s) liked this post
    westwing (14th August 2017)
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From London
    52,943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    No I dont know him, however I have no reason to disbelieve him, that's the whole point isn't it? Innocent until proven guilty.
    He was found guilty. Westwing said his son now has a criminal record.

Joined in Mar 2004
    From Here, there and everywhere......
    4,094 Posts
    1,430 Likes for 721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofabee View Post
    Some people ended up on crutches after jumping over the hoardings to celebrate with the players...
    'Concrete jungle, the animals are after me'

30. 3 user(s) liked this post
    Banana (13th August 2017), Billy Hunt (14th August 2017), mk1965 (14th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheerwater Bee View Post
    Some people ended up on crutches after jumping over the hoardings to celebrate with the players...

32. Quote Originally Posted by A Real Mysteron View Post
    There are also some new CCTV cameras pointing out from the back of the stand which I noticed.
    The new cameras are part of the Hawkeye goal line technology.

33. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Billy Hunt (14th August 2017)

Thread Information