Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford v Nottm Forest Reports and Reaction

Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,374 Posts
    3,325 Likes for 1,811 Posts

Brentford v Nottm Forest Reports and Reaction

Overall disappointing.
    Enjoy yourself. We're following the Bees..............

Very depressing. Sh I t crowd, sh I t play, sh I t result.
    Heavy metal, top of the class
    Stuff the media up yer arse

3. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford Bob (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBee View Post
    Thought the atmosphere was good today.

5. 1 user(s) liked this post
    swr22 (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbelfish View Post
    Really?

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Live in Malpas, Cheshire. Work in Chester. My heart is in Brentford.
    14,125 Posts
    1,191 Likes for 696 Posts
    Great reports so far
    Every day I think of my Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBee View Post
    Shit defending but played quite well further forward imho.

9. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Aylesburybee (12th August 2017)
    Joined in May 2001
    From richmond
    2,387 Posts
    403 Likes for 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbelfish View Post
    and some of the forward play and passing was sublime

but for whatever reason our central defensive pairing and balance in midfield was wrong

poor selection and bad luck did for us

11. 2 user(s) liked this post
    allanfinnie (13th August 2017), Aylesburybee (12th August 2017)
    My observations:

- Watkins has to start Tues - he will terrorise teams this season.
    - Kamo had a good game in the middle
    - Vibe had a shocker
    - Dalsgaard looks great marauding forward and gives Bentley a target, but his defensive positioning was questionable at times.
    - Not convinced the back two cb pairing today is our best - expect Smith to change this on Tues.

13. 7 user(s) liked this post
    Aylesburybee (12th August 2017), hitchinb (13th August 2017), IDontBeeLieveIt (13th August 2017), jbee (12th August 2017), Paludian (13th August 2017), RoyBee (12th August 2017), swr22 (13th August 2017)
    I can't believe we lost that. First 40 minutes we battered them and deserved the lead. A great volley and a fortunate rebound off the post and suddenly we were 2-1 down.
    Slow start to second half saw them hit another blinder and we were always chasing after that. We didn't get any luck with deflections and rebounds and the end to end stuff
    could have easily finished 5-5. A few half decent chances that went begging and we created a lot mainly down the right through Dalsgaard. We will play worse and win. Defence
    was poor today. Bjelland gets turned too easy and Henry had his worst game for us. Jota non-effective as was Vibe. Subs made an impact but too little too late.

15. 4 user(s) liked this post
    allanfinnie (13th August 2017), badgerbee (12th August 2017), King John (13th August 2017), Plymouth Bee (12th August 2017)
    Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,374 Posts
    Something didn't seem right at times today.
    First half we dominated, when we took the lead I thought we'd press on.
    Their 3rd came so quick in the second half I walked in and didn't know it was 3-1.
    Watkins and Maupay, and Sawyers were positive impacts when they came on.
    We created good chances, in amongst at times poor passing, control, finishing, which was throughout really.
    Vibe was poor. Jota didn't look interested but decided to do something in injury time.
    Despite being far from what we believe we are capable of, we still shoulda woulda coulda easily have got something out of that. Our defensive play was worrying to watch.
    Forest were awful and on that showing will struggle again. That is probably the worst I've seen them since we come up, and nothing like the Warburton attacking play we expect from his teams

17. 3 user(s) liked this post
    Aylesburybee (12th August 2017), swr22 (13th August 2017), walmerbee (12th August 2017)
  18. Seemed disorganised generally. First half OK but again failed to take our chances. Jota and Vibe shocking. Defensively we just let them maul us and we didn't have an answer. Things changes when the subs were brought on but to late. I hope we make the required changes for Tuesday and we must get the points or we will be struggling. How a couple of weeks can change things from the best team ever to not so good. Hopefully a couple more weeks will reverse things...

19. 1 user(s) liked this post
    The loss of Woods, Canos and the non selection of Harlee took it's toll on the result for this game.
    The centre half pairing didn't work for me and the absence of Woods as a dynamo in midfield showed where we lacked in midfield to close Notts Forest down.
    I believe Notts are an average team but took their chances with our mistakes and luck didn't appear on our side today. It's early days but for me Harlee has to play until he gets transferred or stays till the end of the season

21. 2 user(s) liked this post
    allanfinnie (13th August 2017), Aylesburybee (12th August 2017)
    It was a strange game because for forty minutes it was very calm and we were slowly breaking them down and finally scored. Then it went batshit crazy and I was struggling to work out the rhyme or reason to it.

23. 7 user(s) liked this post
    Awaysocks (13th August 2017), Aylesburybee (12th August 2017), badgerbee (12th August 2017), Plymouth Bee (12th August 2017), Stanley (12th August 2017), Steve G (13th August 2017), teesbee (13th August 2017)
    Joined in Jul 2002
    From Hemel Hempstead
    10,215 Posts
    1,393 Likes for 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    It was a strange game because for forty minutes it was very calm and we were slowly breaking them down and finally scored. Then it went batshit crazy and I was struggling to work out the rhyme or reason to it.
    Haha, that just about spot on
    Delighted to just be in the Championship......

25. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Finished last season strongly with Dean and Barbet. Neither playing. Colin has been solid at RB but not playing. Canos and Woods are shoe in starters and missed. We managed fine without Josh at the end of last season, yet somehow hes forced his way back in.

Current problems are of our own making.

27. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Awaysocks (13th August 2017), flowerpower bee (12th August 2017)
    Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,374 Posts
    Watkins and Maupay have to start Tuesday

29. 5 user(s) liked this post
    allanfinnie (13th August 2017), flowerpower bee (12th August 2017), King John (13th August 2017), RoyBee (12th August 2017), swr22 (13th August 2017)
    I would like to see two full-backs who just defend. They do their job and the wingers do theirs. Why should they be expected to do two jobs.
    Agree that Vibe and Jota were poor. Jota looked like he was thinking of pastures new.
    Harlee must come back Tuesday and Watkins must start. He looks a star in the making. No good bringing on a player of his class when it's too late like today.

31. 2 user(s) liked this post
    King John (13th August 2017), swr22 (13th August 2017)
  32. Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Watkins and Maupay have to start Tuesday
    Yeah I agree.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Sudbury Hill
    6,722 Posts
    1,189 Likes for 678 Posts
    Thought we were on top until we actually took the lead. Their keeper seemed to throw our first two in. A bit worrying to lose to a side who we should have buried but such is life. Dalsgaard put in a good shift and second half substitutions improved us but lost to an average side today. .
    Unidos y venceremos

Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge Bee View Post
    Finished last season strongly with Dean and Barbet. Neither playing. Colin has been solid at RB but not playing. Canos and Woods are shoe in starters and missed. We managed fine without Josh at the end of last season, yet somehow hes forced his way back in.

Current problems are of our own making.
    Canos and Woods are unavailable through injury and child birth. As good as Colin has been, he's incosistant, injury prone and contract/transfer interference. Dean has made himself unavailable. That leaves a pairing from Bjellend, Egan and Barbet.

We had 57% possession at home and conceded 4. That shouldn't happen. We took the lead on 38 minutes and were 3-1 down after 47. That shouldnt happen. Hopefully we can dust ourselves down and move on but that was a masterclass in how not to manage a game.

When you have Mokotkjo, Woods, McEachran and Yennaris to pick from that's good strength in depth and I get the temptation to play 3 of them but for me it leaves the forwards cut off from midfield. Pick 2 and play Sawyers or Watkins behind the striker.

Dean and Barbet are our best CBs on form, I appreciate there may be reasons why Harlee isn't playing but right now it's costing us points.

36. 1 user(s) liked this post
    fencer/bee (13th August 2017)
    Sky Sports highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/br...-forest/374633

Clearly shows who was at fault for the second goal, Murphy tap-in, Dalsgaard was standing there ball watching instead of marking Murphy
    There are only three types of people: Those who can count and those who can't - R Feynman.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Matty D View Post
    We had 57% possession at home and conceded 4. That shouldn't happen. We took the lead on 38 minutes and were 3-1 down after 47. That shouldnt happen. Hopefully we can dust ourselves down and move on but that was a masterclass in how not to manage a game.

When you have Mokotkjo, Woods, McEachran and Yennaris to pick from that's good strength in depth and I get the temptation to play 3 of them but for me it leaves the forwards cut off from midfield. Pick 2 and play Sawyers or Watkins behind the striker.

Dean and Barbet are our best CBs on form, I appreciate there may be reasons why Harlee isn't playing but right now it's costing us points.
    You shouldn't concede four goals at home. End of. It doesn't matter how many you score at the other end, you shouldn't be conceding four at home. If we're not solid at the back, we'll be sunk.

39. 1 user(s) liked this post
    smiffy superbee (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty D View Post
    We had 57% possession at home and conceded 4. That shouldn't happen. We took the lead on 38 minutes and were 3-1 down after 47. That shouldnt happen.
    No it shouldn't happen. But that's not accounting for Lady Fortuna's smile, which was very much on Forest today sadly.

Two long-range outside the box punts that on another day would fly over the bar, a lot of good fortune for a ball to come off the post right into the path of their No. 9, who couldn't miss and another long range punt that took a wicked deflection and wrong footed Bentley. Not a lot Bentley could have done about any of them. Our own efforts on the other hand were consistently blocked, stopped and clawed out of the goal by their keeper and two or three shots/free kicks came off the post or were just turned over, a matter of inches.

On another day we'll play a lot worse than that and win comfortably. Today was not our day and we certainly didn't get out of it what our effort deserved. Forest should consider themselves very fortunate indeed to go away with 3 points.
    There are only three types of people: Those who can count and those who can't - R Feynman.

41. 5 user(s) liked this post
    Banana (12th August 2017), jbee (13th August 2017), Plymouth Bee (12th August 2017), Sean (13th August 2017), TeeJayBee (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerksBee View Post
    No it shouldn't happen. But that's not accounting for Lady Fortuna's smile, which was very much on Forest today sadly.

Two long-range outside the box punts that on another day would fly over the bar, a lot of good fortune for a ball to come off the post right into the path of their No. 9, who couldn't miss and another long range punt that took a wicked deflection and wrong footed Bentley. Not a lot Bentley could have done about any of them. Our own efforts on the other hand were consistently blocked, stopped and clawed out of the goal by their keeper and two or three shots/free kicks came off the post or were just turned over, a matter of inches.

On another day we'll play a lot worse than that and win comfortably. Today was not our day and we certainly didn't get out of it what our effort deserved. Forest should consider themselves very fortunate indeed to go away with 3 points.
    You can't keep saying the two worldies were lucky. It's like discounting every good goal as lucky just because on another day it could have hit the corner flag or flown out of the stadium. The lucky goals were the ones that bounced off the post directly to their player and the one where it ricocheted to them about 459 times in a row. There was nothing lucky about the two worldies, just two goals where he got his technique spot on , the first one I think Bentley probably could have done better with although there was alot of bodies infront of him. The second one you could have had Daniels and Bentley in there and they still wouldn't of saved it. I have no doubt we will score some screamers this season and I'm sure you won't be dismissing them as lucky then

Thread Information