Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Captaincy

Captaincy

Bit of a mess....2 captains in 3 games with the first captain still in the starting line up but no longer captain ! What's going on....was Egan captain last week?
    Last edited by hanworthbee; 12th August 2017 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Bit of a mess....2 captains in 3 games with the first captain still in the starting line up but no longer captain ! What's going on....
    Hasn't Egan captained in both league games??.....

Ryan Woods should be captain.

4. 3 user(s) liked this post
    BA-Bee (13th August 2017), lanzabee (13th August 2017), Smythy17 (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbee View Post
    Hasn't Egan captained in both league games??.....
    Yes, and didn't play in the cup game.

6. 1 user(s) liked this post
    badgerbee (12th August 2017)
    Bit of a mess....2 captains in 3 games with the first captain still in the starting line up but no longer captain ! What's going on....
    Egan was captain last Saturday and today so first captain was in starting lineup and still captain. Wrong choice though

8. 1 user(s) liked this post
    badgerbee (12th August 2017)
    Woods should be Captain.

10. 1 user(s) liked this post
    lanzabee (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicbees View Post
    Woods should be Captain.
    And if he isn't playing?

We don't have any players guaranteed a starting spot bar Bentley. Every position is up for grabs or the player is inexperienced. Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer paul View Post
    And if he isn't playing?

We don't have any players guaranteed a starting spot bar Bentley. Every position is up for grabs or the player is inexperienced. Tough call.
    Woods would be in my first 3 picks when picking our team.

Quote Originally Posted by magicbees View Post
    Woods would be in my first 3 picks when picking our team.
    But he isn't playing, so Who gets it?

14. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Dazza (13th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer paul View Post
    And if he isn't playing?

I've not been that impressed in pre season or first two games in Dan, a few soft goals that I think he'd have expected to get a bigger hand on.
    Think it may be playing behind a very unbalanced back 4.

16. 1 user(s) liked this post
    RoyBee (13th August 2017)
    I'd probably give it to Nico

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,603 Posts
    959 Likes for 548 Posts
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by moribee View Post
    Dean
    Hate to break it to you...

Quote Originally Posted by moribee View Post
    Dean
    He's already head coach, and should probably go to someone that's on the pitch really?
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

21. Kamo?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRitchings View Post
    Kamo?
    Only choice for me,the fact we have been after him for 2 years and looks like a regular starter why not.

too softly spoken he isnt a leader...if its not Dean id give it to Bentley

Certainly lacked leaders yesterday. If any of them I'd have thought Bjelland. I'd have thought Bentley has other concerns about his own performance to get secured first before being given the added burden of captaincy.

too softly spoken he isnt a leader...if its not Dean id give it to Bentley
    Bentley hasn't been at his best so far, poor distribution and not sure he shouldn't have done a bit better on a few occasions over last two games.
    Difficult call and John Egan if he was playing regularly obvious choice with pedigree but he's not playing well enough to be guaranteed a start.
    If Harlee leaves I'd hope we have a replacement centre back in mind to come in.

26. Quote Originally Posted by busheybee View Post
    Certainly lacked leaders yesterday. If any of them I'd have thought Bjelland. I'd have thought Bentley has other concerns about his own performance to get secured first before being given the added burden of captaincy.
    I used to think that but Bjelland doesn't strike me as a great leader having seen him play.
    At (at least) one point in the last match he was telling Nico to tuck in and get closer to him......which is fine if we didn't have the ball.....except we did....in Bentley's hands.....and Rico was rightly pushing out to the flank to receive the ball under less pressure. Thankfully, whilst Rico heard him, he chose to completely ignore him as it was silly.
    I think Woodsy is probably the one who could act as a decent captain, always would lead by example with his workrate and determination, plus plays in a "heads-up" manner that directs play, which imo makes him ideal for marshalling the troops, even if he is diminuitive.

Kamo, Josh or Woods. Kamo is probably most likely to start every game so him.

Quote Originally Posted by malagakid View Post
    Kamo, Josh or Woods. Kamo is probably most likely to start every game so him.
    None of us will know how each player is regarded by the rest of the squad but I'd say Kamo is too new and neither of the other two seem remotely captain material.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

29. Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    None of us will know how each player is regarded by the rest of the squad but I'd say Kamo is too new and neither of the other two seem remotely captain material.
    Why don't you think Woods could do it? I can accept it if it's because you don't think he'll be a regular starter, which is fair enough, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IDontBeeLieveIt View Post
    Why don't you think Woods could do it? I can accept it if it's because you don't think he'll be a regular starter, which is fair enough, but that's about it.
    I don't think he reads the game well but the main reason would be that he's not that vocal with the players around him. Dean is constantly talking, as is Yennaris and Vibe but no-one else seems to be a natural organiser and able to communicate tactics during the game.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

The whole squad knows wats is happening in the background. The DoF remain in control and the whole situation needs sorting out asap. If Dean does not want to stay and the DoF have offered the best terms that the Bess can offer ten let's move on and a get a replacement. The lack of leadership was also a major issue as the defending on Saturday. But to keep getting told that no bids/offers have come in and not playing key players who where so influencing last season in defence (Dean/Colin) -something is not right and fans can work this out! Words and figures don't seem to add up here, and the DOF need to sort this out for DS, rather than leave him in the middle.

Thread Information