NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1664 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Best performance by an opposing player

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    Steve De'Ath,Reading goalie, it seemed every match he was sensational against the Bees
    Tell me about it Death was so annoying, I could have killed him.

COULD HAVE KILLED HIM! DEATH!

HA HA HA

'There's only music, so that there's new ringtones'

Graham Kavanagh.

He always looked a class act whenever I saw him.

Scott Flinders... one of the finest displays of stewarding by an opposition player I have seen
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

4. The referee in the 92/93 Notts County game.

Joined in Jun 2004
    From Western Cape, South Africa
    4,486 Posts
    210 Likes for 137 Posts
    Ted MacDougall of Bournemouth

Joined in Jan 2001
    From Garelochhead Scotland
    15,710 Posts
    728 Likes for 500 Posts
    At the moment...anybody we play against........YOU REDS....
    Better to bee a lion for a day......than a sheep for a thousand years......

Peter Wakeham for Torquay on Easter Monday in 1958 I believe - lost 1-0 and it cost us promotion. A fantastic goalkeeping display. We only had 10 men due to Bernard Newcombe breaking his collarbone. Stayed on the pitch but he was only nuisance value. We still battered Torquay but Wakeham was unbelievable.

8. John Hardie, Bradford PA 'keeper in Div 4 match at GP in Jan 1970 - the year that Park Avenue were relegated from the League.
    Bradford scored in the first half but their goal was then put under siege for the rest of the game, with Hardie performing miracles in front of the Royal Oak.
    Fortunately, the Bees equalised late on (Fenton or Baker IIRC) and won a point.
    Hardie was chaired off by his teammates to a standing ovation from the whole crowd.
    Amazing match!
    Is Bence playing today?

9. Quote Originally Posted by oldgreenfordian View Post
    John Hardie, Bradford PA 'keeper in Div 4 match at GP in Jan 1970 - the year that Park Avenue were relegated from the League.
    Bradford scored in the first half but their goal was then put under siege for the rest of the game, with Hardie performing miracles in front of the Royal Oak.
    Hardie was chaired off by his teammates to a standing ovation from the whole crowd.
    Amazing match!
    I was therre. I think Bobby Ross scored but I am guessing. Bradford were a shambles but Ex-international Ray Charnley scored for them

The winger at Tranmere whose name escapes me , was it Jim something ??
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

Joined in May 2007
    From South Benfleet Essex
    1,159 Posts
    83 Likes for 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreenfordian View Post
    John Hardie, Bradford PA 'keeper in Div 4 match at GP in Jan 1970 - the year that Park Avenue were relegated from the League.
    Amazing match!
    Fenton 84th min
    Better to be thought a fool, rather then speak and remove all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Jim Steel?
    'It's gonna be rougher, it's gonna be tougher. But I ain't the one who's gonna suffer'

You may be thinking of John Morrissey? Tranmere Winger of the 80's/90's.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Streetboy View Post
    Seeing Will Hoskins and Lee Williamson in the Sheffield United team today reminded me of when we played at Rotherham a few years back and those two absolutely destroyed us, and were both snapped up by Watford soon after I believe.

Was that the same game we nicked a late equaliser?
    Missed it had we had to catch the train, got to the station and heard the news
    Did we go 1 up and 2-1 down as I seem to remember the right hump on the way back to the station

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer paul View Post
    You may be thinking of John Morrissey? Tranmere Winger of the 80's/90's.
    Thats the one cheers mate
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

Jose Dominguez of Brum was a thorn in our sides at GP, the day we lost and it hammered down with rain

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Jose Dominguez of Brum was a thorn in our sides at GP, the day we lost and it hammered down with rain
    it wasn't him that scored that wonder goal though...
    RIP Huw Bryant 16-01-07

18. Michael Gilkes the Reading winger. Was that his name? Very quick & skillful. v rogers stanislaus & joseph.

John Morrissey and Eric Nixon!
    I feel like love is in the kitchen with a culinary eye.

Joined in Sep 2007
    From walsall
    1,716 Posts
    342 Likes for 195 Posts
    Glenn hoddle, player manager at Swindon, they were down to nine men and he inspired them to a 2-2 draw

Joined in Sep 2007
    From walsall
    1,716 Posts
    342 Likes for 195 Posts
    Robbie savage for crews was also class

22. Quote Originally Posted by walsall bee View Post
    Glenn hoddle, player manager at Swindon, they were down to nine men and he inspired them to a 2-2 draw
    Wasnt it 0-0 tho? Brought himself on as sub after their second red card (Elbow on Keith Millen i think).

I remember Gary Brabin having a superb game at GP for Hull in the mid-90s

Quote Originally Posted by walsall bee View Post
    At GP? My memory deceives me, I always thought that was 0-0. I remember them having every man behind the ball for most of the match

Quote Originally Posted by Boscombe Bee View Post
    At GP? My memory deceives me, I always thought that was 0-0. I remember them having every man behind the ball for most of the match
    and they should have won... bodin missed a sitter
    RIP Huw Bryant 16-01-07

Thread Information