NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1966 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 161 of 217 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5413

Thread: Squad for 2011 / 2012 Season

Joined in May 2002
    From Wokingham
    7,178 Posts
    338 Likes for 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the beast View Post
    Yes we had it Adams returns to Sunderland
    Hope that is not what he meant

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaBee View Post
    Hope that is not what he meant
    & Wood to Rotherham

To be honest I'm not living in hope over someone new coming in. I just think with all the players we've had to bring in as cover getting the right players in it hasn't made things ideal. Maybe we are getting rid of our baggage on loan to try and rectify that but there's usually a sense something will happen. I'm not feeling that at the moment. Although if I'm proven wrong I won't say my logic was proven science

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Crondall,Nr Farnham
    25,085 Posts
    2,463 Likes for 1,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Invipai View Post
    To be honest I'm not living in hope over someone new coming in. I just think with all the players we've had to bring in as cover getting the right players in it hasn't made things ideal. Maybe we are getting rid of our baggage on loan to try and rectify that but there's usually a sense something will happen. I'm not feeling that at the moment. Although if I'm proven wrong I won't say my logic was proven science

Abee said the other day they were trying to get a striker in by end of today .
    Hypnotise the lot of 'em !

Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Oyeleke
    Hudson
    Reeves
    Forrester back in training as well

Joined in Apr 2009
    From Blackfield,Hants
    3,611 Posts
    1,311 Likes for 768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CTBee View Post
    Forrester back in training as well
    That would be as good as a new signing. Class player

I think we wont sign anybody today personally, just lacking in that buzz you usually get on the loan deadline day. We've freed up some money in Llera, Adams and Possibly Wood going back, but it does leave our defence quite short-changed.
    @ChrisSmith1992. 25. Support Minnesota Timberwolves and Vikings. Also FC Barcelona!

We must be saving a reasonable amount of money on a % wages to loan players clubs who have gone back and on our players who are now out on loan. Hopefully that may free up enough monies to get in a decent striker. UR may decide to sweat it on the defensive front. There has to be someone out there at a championship or premier club who would fit the bill, surely??

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith1992 View Post
    I think we wont sign anybody today personally, just lacking in that buzz you usually get on the loan deadline day. We've freed up some money in Llera, Adams and Possibly Wood going back, but it does leave our defence quite short-changed.
    We have 3 defenders that our currently not injured at the club I would be astounded (and very dissapointed) if we didn't sign someone today.

As fans, we're not privileged on the defensive injury situation but we're looking very light with no cover if there is another breakage. On the other hand, there's no point in bringing a forward in for the sake of numbers, he's got to be a major improvement or not at all.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbee View Post
    Abee said the other day they were trying to get a striker in by end of today .
    I think the same thing was said before the close of the last transfer window. These things can always be fickle... I hope we do just not fully convinced at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    As fans, we're not privileged on the defensive injury situation but we're looking very light with no cover if there is another breakage. On the other hand, there's no point in bringing a forward in for the sake of numbers, he's got to be a major improvement or not at all.
    Exactly, we have Donaldson, Alexander, Grella and maybe Forrester if you want to class him as a striker. Unless we get a striker of real quality, I wouldn't mind taking a LB/CB instead. Goals are always going to be a problem at Brentford, you need to either find a non league gem or have 1 million. Focus on having a strong defence and we'll still be top ten by January.
    @ChrisSmith1992. 25. Support Minnesota Timberwolves and Vikings. Also FC Barcelona!

Joined in May 2007
    From St Marys Twickenham Uni!
    2,749 Posts
    596 Likes for 335 Posts
    We are now very light for cover at the back and bringing in a striker over a defender would be stupid, we will just have to find the right combination from CD, Alexander, Forrester and Grella, and give our strikers the right service.

Joined in Jan 2001
    From City: Hanworth State: Middlesex
    5,254 Posts
    164 Likes for 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Kev is crocked for most of the season
    Pants - had forgotten he was injured ok add a RB to the list as well..
    Football is my religion and Griffin Park is my church

I can't believe anyone can think there will be no incoming loans today given how light we are now on number's.The minimum requirment I would suggest is 2 defenders(rb/cb) & maybe the long awaited striker(not holding my breath).Failure to add numbers given the current injury list together with outgoing/returning loan's would be madness!

16. Quote Originally Posted by Beefletch View Post
    I can't believe anyone can think there will be no incoming loans today given how light we are now on number's.The minimum requirment I would suggest is 2 defenders(rb/cb) & maybe the long awaited striker(not holding my breath).Failure to add numbers given the current injury list together with outgoing/returning loan's would be madness!

I'll eat my hat if we don't bring anyone in today...
    OK, the rest of my hat that's left from last time I had to eat it.

Joined in May 2007
    From St Marys Twickenham Uni!
    2,749 Posts
    596 Likes for 335 Posts
    Off topic but Bournemouth's new Russians is throwing his money around! Simon Francis, C.Daniels, they had a bid for Matt Ritchie rejected. James Beattie possible signing for them. Expect them to be get better after some January spending.

Allegedly we're trying to get in a Mal Egonachi today although I may have got things mixed up

19. is anyone twitter stalking today? search "being sent on loan to Brentford. Is that in Essex?"

Quote Originally Posted by sonofabee View Post
    Allegedly we're trying to get in a Mal Egonachi today although I may have got things mixed up
    who is this

Quote Originally Posted by sonofabee View Post
    What position, never heard of him ( that doesn't mean alot )

Quote Originally Posted by the beast View Post
    who is this
    As I said think I got things mixed up......We're trying to get in a goal machine today

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Kev is crocked for most of the season
    who told you that?

I heard from the most reliable source that he did not need an operation so the prognosis was weeks not months!

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Crondall,Nr Farnham
    25,085 Posts
    2,463 Likes for 1,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by readingbee View Post
    What position, never heard of him ( that doesn't mean alot )
    He's Google proof
    Hypnotise the lot of 'em !

Sorry all - Mal Egonachi - things mixed up = Goal Machine

Thread Information