NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1970 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 211 of 217 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5413

Thread: Squad for 2011 / 2012 Season

Joined in Apr 2003
    From 3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......
    53,716 Posts
    5,055 Likes for 3,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    I heard Gillespie is a bit p***ed off at the moment. Is he any good?
    ..........he looked good on Tuesday and knows where the goal is............

Quote Originally Posted by ladbroke View Post
    Isn't he the one that killed us on Tuesday night with two late goals?
    Yep.
    We don't own Brentford FC we have borrowed it from our children. Take care of it please

3. Young lad at Arsenal might be available soon on loan.
    Teddy Walcott I think his name is. The Craig David of football.

4. I see Luke Hacker has changed his surname to Norris. Could this be an attempt to distance himself from the levison enquiry? 

The first bees player to change his name since the great Tamer Aouf!

5. Wouldnt mind that Wilson from Stevenage, thought he had a good game today, WHAT ABOUT DARIUS CHARLES UP FRONT, AMAZED AT THAT
    Overall player for player our squad looks better than Stevenage, what are they doing right that we arent, is it a lack of commitment or confusion regarding tactics
    but they seem much harder to beat than us.

6. Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    Wouldnt mind that Wilson from Stevenage, thought he had a good game today, WHAT ABOUT DARIUS CHARLES UP FRONT, AMAZED AT THAT
    Overall player for player our squad looks better than Stevenage, what are they doing right that we arent, is it a lack of commitment or confusion regarding tactics
    but they seem much harder to beat than us.
    They are bloody fit - probably the fittest team in the league given they train all day and they are totally organised with everyone drilled into knowing their job.

They don't make stupid mental mistakes.

They won't out football you apart from the tricky Freeman, but they will wear you down by doing the simple and dirty things exceedingly well.

The main difference between them and us is their mental strength, they expect to win and have some real leaders in their squad such as Roberts and Laird who sweep the others along by force of personality and personal example.

Stevenage might not have outplayed Huddersfield as we did recently and might well never have gone 2 goals up but I can guarantee that if they had conceded a sickening goal like we did that they would not have buckled but would have used the misfortune as a rallying call and it would have made them stronger and less likely to concede again and feel sorry for themselves.

They are incredibly effective and I can see them challenging for the top 2.

T

Christ Birchall is available on a free ATM. He'd bring some industry to the midfield

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,971 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GP200 View Post
    ..........he looked good on Tuesday and knows where the goal is............
    We made him look good....
    It was just one of those things....

Bostwick is a goodplayer, the type of midfielder I'd like, can tackle, get about the pitch and shoots

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,126 Posts
    12,940 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Bostwick is a goodplayer, the type of midfielder I'd like, can tackle, get about the pitch and shoots
    Andy Scott tried to sign him.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Andy Scott tried to sign him.
    They have some excellent players in Laird, Wilson, Bostwick and Roberts but it is the strength of the team and the system rather than the individuals that makes them so effective. Mind you Mousinho is ten times the player we saw at GP.

Joined in Aug 2002
    48,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by North London Bee View Post
    They have some excellent players in Laird, Wilson, Bostwick and Roberts but it is the strength of the team and the system rather than the individuals that makes them so effective. Mind you Mousinho is ten times the player we saw at GP.
    Elsewhere we're discussing Bean - imo both bostwick and mousinho are better players.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Elsewhere we're discussing Bean - imo both bostwick and mousinho are better players.
    Totally agree. The challenge for UR is to ensure that we only have to play 2 central midfielders next season rather than 3.

That means changes as I do not think that Douglas and Diagouraga give us the tackling, passing, movement, covering and forward running that we need - let alone leadership.

I think we will need to invest heavily in a striker and a central midfielder in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Orp_Bee View Post
    Christ Birchall is available on a free ATM. He'd bring some industry to the midfield
    Jesus !

Quote Originally Posted by North London Bee View Post
    They are bloody fit - probably the fittest team in the league given they train all day and they are totally organised with everyone drilled into knowing their job.

They won't out football you apart from the tricky Freeman, but they will wear you down by doing the simple and dirty things exceedingly well.

The main difference between them and us is their mental strength, they expect to win and have some real leaders in their squad such as Roberts and Laird who sweep the others along by force of personality and personal example.

Stevenage might not have outplayed Huddersfield as we did recently and might well never have gone 2 goals up but I can guarantee that if they had conceded a sickening goal like we did that they would not have buckled but would have used the misfortune as a rallying call and it would have made them stronger and less likely to concede again and feel sorry for themselves.

They are incredibly effective and I can see them challenging for the top 2.

T
    They've done phenomenally well, and they are to be praised, however it must be pointed out that they have a small squad which hasn't been hit with injuries.

They are now are playing twice a week for a long time , with not a full weeks rest until the 3rd last game of the season, in late April - against us. We'll see, but I very much doubt that they will challenge the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by red_and_white View Post
    They've done phenomenally well, and they are to be praised, however it must be pointed out that they have a small squad which hasn't been hit with injuries.

They are now are playing twice a week for a long time , with not a full weeks rest until the 3rd last game of the season, in late April - against us. We'll see, but I very much doubt that they will challenge the top 2.
    Agreed and they would never win the playoffs if they made them. This is going to be as good as it gets for Stevenage, the new manager effect will end soon and the system may break down because of this. If they do have any players of note they will be gone in the summer and they won't be easy to replace. Finally everyone will know what to expect of them next season. I can see them getting out of league one in the next three years but it won't be in an upwards direction.
    Come on you reds!

how do you know all this? At the moment all they need is a striker to be a bloody good side and dare I say it but look a lot better than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Holysmit View Post
    Agreed and they would never win the playoffs if they made them. This is going to be as good as it gets for Stevenage, the new manager effect will end soon and the system may break down because of this. If they do have any players of note they will be gone in the summer and they won't be easy to replace. Finally everyone will know what to expect of them next season. I can see them getting out of league one in the next three years but it won't be in an upwards direction.
    I wouldn't want to bet my retirement fund on it but I believe that we will finish above them this season. Thats not to say that either of us will make the play offs though.
    The games that they have got coming up with a small squad against Charlton, Hudderfield etc, the distraction of the replay with Spurs, the depression that inevitably follows getting murdered at White Hart Lane, the end of the new manager effect, will all take their toll. They are on a roll at the moment but it must come to an end and the quality and experience just isn' there to put another run together.

19. Quote Originally Posted by North London Bee View Post

T
    I can't help wondering is this is one of the main reasons we have only spent a solitary season in the Championship in the past fifty years or more. I'd like to see someone ligth a fire under this club, a bit of intensity. Coppell was only with us for a season, but Webb did that in his time with us and we were very unlucky not to get promoted. It was there with Martin Allen but his footballing brain just wasn't smart enough.

20. Quote Originally Posted by BURFORD BEE View Post
    I wouldn't want to bet my retirement fund on it but I believe that we will finish above them this season. Thats not to say that either of us will make the play offs though.
    The games that they have got coming up with a small squad against Charlton, Hudderfield etc, the distraction of the replay with Spurs, the depression that inevitably follows getting murdered at White Hart Lane, the end of the new manager effect, will all take their toll. They are on a roll at the moment but it must come to an end and the quality and experience just isn' there to put another run together.
    I like the look of their new manager. He might just prove you wrong.
    Also, I reckon Stevenage are set up mentally precisely to accept that they will not finish in the top two, but they are there to upset the applecart, so if they finish the season in the top six, they will be delighted and will go into the play-offs on a high.

Craig Eastmond from Arsenal to Wycombe on loan looks a really good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    is that because he's from arsenal? there fans dont rate him

Joined in Aug 2002
    48,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    We don't have to play them - they can be as strong as they like.

24. Well, it's been nearly a month, so here goes:

When Schlupp comes back from injury, he's going to need some games under his belt, I'm not sure he'll get them at Leicester right now.
    I'm just imagining a line up with Berahino, Schlupp and Clayton. I'd pay to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    Well, it's been nearly a month, so here goes:

When Schlupp comes back from injury, he's going to need some games under his belt, I'm not sure he'll get them at Leicester right now.
    I'm just imagining a line up with Berahino, Schlupp and Clayton. I'd pay to see that.
    No room for the top goal scorer then ? (although secretly I agree they are all better but I'll be shot for saying so)

Thread Information