Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2378

Thread: Clayton Donaldson Signs

Quote Originally Posted by readingbee View Post
    Owlsmoor, maybe. I have been one of his supporters and have been willing, praying for him to get goals when he scored at Tranny. I thought he had turned the corner. But alas he just hasn't cut the mustard and if he was shipped out I don't think I would shed any tears.
    He got in two great positions and tried something similar strike from the same position where he scored at Tranmere but both were blocked.

I don't want him taking throw ins, this is becoming ridiculous now!

He did we in the first half, up against the physical dirty bastard Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    He got in two great positions and tried something similar strike from the same position where he scored at Tranmere but both were blocked.

I don't want him taking throw ins, this is becoming ridiculous now!

He did we in the first half, up against the physical dirty bastard Chorley.
    Agree, why the feck is a striker taking throw ins. I don't get that bit either.

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,971 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    He hasn't scored the goals but his pace, hold up play and ability to go past a player have been very good. Easily good enough for this level IMO but as a mid player.
    Did not do much of this today. Like his attitude but was unable/did not use his pace today. Where do you play him in a diamond formation?
    It was just one of those things....

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,971 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    Make chances for others and maybe more likely to score from a deeper position IMO
    Not today.
    It was just one of those things....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingston Bee View Post
    Did not do much of this today. Like his attitude but was unable/did not use his pace today. Where do you play him in a diamond formation?
    Wide right.

Joined in Oct 2007
    From Flackwell Heath, The Shire
    6,689 Posts
    5,399 Likes for 2,294 Posts
    Probably because he's the least likely player on the pitch to score so may as well take them...

Uwe,put your hands up and admit he's been a poor signing,something you should have done 3months ago when we could have off loaded him to Notts County.No strength No desire No Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Doovster View Post
    Probably because he's the least likely player on the pitch to score so may as well take them...

9. Not working for us at all. But we are lumbered with him for another two seasons now. No one will take him now given his appalling form this season and the wages he is allegedly on.

Cannot understand why he keeps taking throw ins. Just like with Hunt, I have not yet seen one of his throws land on a Brentford head.

No where near the required standard. The only way I can see this working out is converting him to a winger.

One goal since the end of October and two goals since the middle of September. He's a massive blow to Rosler.

He has under performed, bought to score goals, his body language is poor, he hits the deck far too easily for 6ft 3 striker, gets bullied so easily.

He run the channels and holds the ball up well, so did Charlie, so did Alexander, so did Lloydie, so did Bloody Rowan Vine at 20 years old when on loan for a year. It's a requisite that a centre forward should be able to run wide and an ability to hold a ball to feet!
    One difference in the others they went looking for goals, this fella spends more time out of the box than in it. Time for Rosler to get tough, does he want to build a team around this bloke leading the line? It's time for fewer excuses for Donaldson and time for him to work harder and repay the faith.
    IMHO, It wouldn't be a surprise to me if Rosler being a honest man admits that it hasn't worked out for Clayton or the club and moves him on for a fee in the summer, to start from scratch!

Despite this bad run of goal-scoring form, I find myself still liking Donaldson. He works hard and has class about his play outside of the box. If he was to start scoring goals regularly he would be one of the better players in the division, so I think we should still build our team around him next year.

....just me?

12. How did he get almost 30 goals in one season ???

I am afraid he is being praised all the time on similar lines to Emile Heseky

A great team player, holds the ball up well

Puts himself about etc etc

But as for hitting the net ???

hes a league 2 striker

14. Quote Originally Posted by -superbees2k3- View Post
    Despite this bad run of goal-scoring form, I find myself still liking Donaldson. He works hard and has class about his play outside of the box. If he was to start scoring goals regularly he would be one of the better players in the division, so I think we should still build our team around him next year.

....just me?
    I like him too, brings alot to the team. Up there as regards to work rate and effort. One of the best crossers of the ball we have, he will score goals too but we he is isolated at the moment as the likes McGinn dont put in a shift

Quote Originally Posted by -superbees2k3- View Post
    I find myself still liking Donaldson. He works hard and has class about his play outside of the box....just me?
    I don't get the "he works hard" stuff. None of the players are supposed to be standing around but his closing down defensively is lazy. He runs towards the player with the ball and pulls up short just about every time, so gets a big cheer if he actually get there! How many times is his greatest effort in running away from the ball? Second half yesterday it was German winning the headers while Donaldson never got into a position to receive them. We should build our team around any money we get for him next year.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

Well mate he may be big, but he ain't strong yet again today got muscled off the ball too many times.
    I agree, he went down too easily and looked very weak for a big player.
    I don't like glass half empty people ........
    ...... If you can't finish a drink, don't start it.

Joined in Apr 2009
    From Blackfield,Hants
    3,611 Posts
    1,311 Likes for 768 Posts
    Because its the only thing hes actually good at and doesnt cock up??

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy View Post
    I agree, he went down too easily and looked very weak for a big player.
    I had a girlriend from the west country once. She was a bit like that .
    If we beat Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by vcmazz View Post
    So was she 6ft 3in, big and have hairy armpits? Nice!

20. Quote Originally Posted by vcmazz View Post
    Did she replace your previous steady girlfriend, but actually result in a lot less scoring?
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Quote Originally Posted by toeneebee View Post
    So was she 6ft 3in, big and have hairy armpits? Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by detours View Post
    Did she replace your previous steady girlfriend, but actually result in a lot less scoring?
    It would be unfair to reveal her identity. But let's just say her finishing was far more clinical than Clayton's .
    If we beat Southend.

To be honest I think Clayton should buck his ideas up.
    zzzzzzzzz'' brentford champions'' zzzzzzzzzzzz

Clayton was crap the other day and if there was any doubt about him being able to hold a ball up then Saturday proved convincingly that he cant. However, why did we continue to smash ball after ball up to him at head height? It was absolute meat and drink for the two massive centre halves and they loved it. I thought we were a passing side? If you cant pass against bloody Orient then who can you pass against? Even if Donaldson had been able to hold a few of the long balls up, he only had Forshaw and Douglas who actually looked to receive it from him which is obviously not acceptable.
    The future's bright, the future's Brentford !

Quote Originally Posted by vcmazz View Post
    It would be unfair to reveal her identity. But let's just say her finishing was far more clinical than Clayton's .
    Well, if she went down as often as Clayton does in 90 mins. You must have been exhausted or a very happy man

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford 4 Life View Post
    Clayton was crap the other day and if there was any doubt about him being able to hold a ball up then Saturday proved convincingly that he cant. However, why did we continue to smash ball after ball up to him at head height? It was absolute meat and drink for the two massive centre halves and they loved it. I thought we were a passing side? If you cant pass against bloody Orient then who can you pass against? Even if Donaldson had been able to hold a few of the long balls up, he only had Forshaw and Douglas who actually looked to receive it from him which is obviously not acceptable.
    Long balls towards Donaldson should be aimed towards the channels for him to run on to them and turn his man - which he can actually do fairly well. Balls lumped at his head will generally be returned fairly easily
    Beesotted with Brentford...

Thread Information