Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2378

Thread: Clayton Donaldson Signs

1. Quote Originally Posted by Judio1999 View Post
    How did he get almost 30 goals in one season ???
    Someone did post long ago, maybe last October that Clayton had scored most of his Div Two goals against sides in the lower half of the division. I have no idea how accurate that statement is.
    Someone else also said that he scored most of them during the second half of the season.
    I would have loaned him out to a Div Two side like Aldershot (who also don't score many) to hopefully get his confidence back, but that's not going to happen as we're short of strikers after GA's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by readingbee View Post
    Well, if she went down as often as Clayton does in 90 mins. You must have been exhausted or a very happy man
    One of many. That was the problem . She once asked me how I always knew when she was lying. I told her, "Your lips move" .
    If we beat Southend.

3. 1 in 26. Get rid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    1 in 26. Get rid.
    Clayton Donaldson.The poor man's Fernando Torres

5. Mark McDonaldson, take a bow. I am personally glad that he is our only contracted senior striker. Gaz, Chaz and Grabban were absolutely not good enough for this team, I am glad we got rid of all the rest of our strikers and are left with only the cream of the crop

Ah well, we only have him for another 2 seasons.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Vcmazz: Had it right all along with Clayton, he posted this when we first signed him,

Sorry. I'm going to have to stop you all for a minute. What the hell is everyone so excited about? He's a one season wonder lower and non league journeyman . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayton_Donaldson

It may or may not prove to be a good signing but where's the fire? He's 27 and I don't think he's even commanded a transfer fee before has he? Sorry to spoil the party and all that, but could this thread be lacking a bit of perspective maybe? I'd have preferred Messi myself .

Can you give me next Saturdays lottery numbers ??

7. Quote Originally Posted by vcmazz View Post
    Mate. I have been watching Brentford for best part of half of a century. I see, that we have signed a non-league journeyman striker who got lucky last season. If he ain't a 4th division/non-league journeyman then we've struck gold. But frankly, the last few pages of this thread are fecking ridiculous How can you be bigging up a player that scored few goals for Crewe last season? This is frankly bolllox.
    Yup.

Vcmazz had it absolutely right. Sorry for doubting you.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Such a good footballer but does and tries to make things happen as he is simply not getting any decent service, lots of hard work, skill, hold up play, passing but at the moment were almost using him as a target man as we have lost Gary Alexander.

9. I don't care how great his workrate/assists/positional play is, he doesn't score goals.
    Yes, there might be well-developed squads where that is not important, e.g. where like B'muff or Posh last season there are so many goalscorers in the side, but we are a million miles from that.
    Alexander's departure has exposed how weak we are up front, it's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bee View Post
    What sort of striker is he? Big? Quick? Good in the air? etc
    All off those but not a goalscorer unfunately

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    Such a good footballer but does and tries to make things happen as he is simply not getting any decent service, lots of hard work, skill, hold up play, passing but at the moment were almost using him as a target man as we have lost Gary Alexander.
    On last night's evidence, he's no footballer at all! He doesn't close down, doesn't run the channels, has poor ball control, can't hold the ball, didn't pass when he should have and doesn't jump for headers. In the last 20 minutes, when we were "pressing" (that is, AFCB had settled for 1-0) each time the ball went to him he miscontrolled it and the chance was wasted. Time to stop the excuses; he's a dud, we got done, move on.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

massive let down, cant even bring myself to call him donaldinho in an ironic sense now. enjoy league 2 next season with another club clayton
    Brentford are brilliant.

Joined in Feb 2005
    From Heysham Lancashire
    4,064 Posts
    703 Likes for 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Houghton Bee View Post
    massive let down, cant even bring myself to call him donaldinho in an ironic sense now. enjoy league 2 next season with another club clayton
    Try calling him Donaldduckson as he has webbed duck feet and just floats around needlessly.
    BEES UP FULHAM DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by detours View Post
    Yup.

Vcmazz had it absolutely right. Sorry for doubting you.
    That's alright .Noddy.jpg
    If we beat Southend.

Joined in Mar 2005
    From Strawberry Hill, Twickenham
    4,561 Posts
    371 Likes for 224 Posts
    I was so looking forward to seeing CD becoming a real success and was really impressed early season. However now, if he lit a match in a fireworks factory he wouldn't be dangerous !

Joined in Jan 2001
    From Tir na nog
    9,765 Posts
    420 Likes for 280 Posts
    So according to Soccerbase:

Clayton has played 33 games for us this season scoring 5 goals.

The Trolley played 56 games in total for Brentford scoring 15 goals.
    YES YOU SKEGRAT!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUELCH View Post

and yet so many people are quick to slag of the Trolley.
    Is THIS the in place to be......?

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    and yet so many people are quick to slag of the Trolley.
    because apart from his poor goal scoring record, football wise he was *****.

That stat has truly made me smile......did Supermarket really bag 15 in the red & white stripes!

Joined in Dec 2006
    From Richmond, Surrey
    3,739 Posts
    759 Likes for 341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balders Bee View Post
    That stat has truly made me smile......did Supermarket really bag 15 in the red & white stripes!
    I think he scored the majority of those goals in the 2002/03 season when paired with Rowan Vine; then he promptly got sold to Millwall with about 10 games left as we collapsed and finished in the bottom half.

That can't be right surely. I can't remember any goals but I do remember Cardiff and QPR though.

Quote Originally Posted by taxi driver View Post
    That can't be right surely. I can't remember any goals but I do remember Cardiff and QPR though.
    that's all I remember

23. Quote Originally Posted by taxi driver View Post
    Wikipedia says 10 in 74

Joined in Apr 2009
    From Blackfield,Hants
    3,611 Posts
    1,311 Likes for 768 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balders Bee View Post
    And people wonder why i call CD "Wheelie bin"...

25. I watched CD closely last night (didn't miss much by not following the ball) and in 90 mins I think he got in to the penalty area three times during open play. He was always isolated and didn't have a sniff at goal all night.

The not getting in the box means that unless he is going to score 30 yard screamers ala Notts County he isn't going to score. I think part of it is down to his desire to get in the box, part of it is down to the fact we never managed meaningful possession in the last 3rd of the pitch and part of it must be down to tactics.

I bet a load of his goals last year were 6 yard box goals. I don't think he's been in the 6 yard box for us all season.

Thread Information