Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2378

Thread: Clayton Donaldson Signs

1. Agree with all posts above, i've never questionned his work rate and overall general performance but just needs a few more goals and hopefully he can keep this little run of form going.

I said this would happen and got slated. Goals were the only thing lacking and hopefully hes adjusted now and next season hes nice and settled. 20+ goals im going to bill hills now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattbee85 View Post
    I said this would happen and got slated. Goals were the only thing lacking and hopefully hes adjusted now and next season hes nice and settled. 20+ goals im going to bill hills now!!!!

Always had belief in Donaldson, all season has played very well but just lacked goals.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbee85 View Post
    I said this would happen and got slated.
    Me too .
    If we beat Southend.

Joined in Feb 2008
    From Oswestry, Shropshire
    3,066 Posts
    653 Likes for 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post

Always had belief in Donaldson, all season has played very well but just lacked goals.
    I agree. I still think he has the ability to become a really important player for us.

I hope this spell of good form shuts up all those moany old gits in Ealing Road who think he is 'lazy' and 'useless'

Quote Originally Posted by aawharris View Post
    And people wonder why i call CD "Wheelie bin"...
    I still don't know why you call him "Wheelie bin"

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,970 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detours View Post
    Your post might look really stupid come saturday.
    Dont think so!
    It was just one of those things....

Quote Originally Posted by Newbee View Post
    I still don't know why you call him "Wheelie bin"
    I'm glad you nailed that one. It was always crass and insulting and unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by hypa123 View Post
    I'm glad you nailed that one. It was always crass and insulting and unjust.
    Not to mention funny

Quote Originally Posted by Hullbee View Post
    Not to mention funny
    If we beat Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    1 in 26. Get rid.

:crazy3::crazy3::crazy3:
    Football is not a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

Joined in Jun 2004
    From Western Cape, South Africa
    4,486 Posts
    210 Likes for 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -superbees2k3- View Post
    I hope this spell of good form shuts up all those moany old gits in Ealing Road who think he is 'lazy' and 'useless'
    yes. now they will be moaning when a bigger or richer club comes after him in the summer. hope he is on a long contract ?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by blunstone View Post
    yes. now they will be moaning when a bigger or richer club comes after him in the summer. hope he is on a long contract ?!?!?
    June 2014
    I don't like glass half empty people ........
    ...... If you can't finish a drink, don't start it.

til 2014

Joined in Sep 2010
    From Too Close To Loftus Road...
    141 Posts
    0 Likes for 0 Posts
    I'm pretty sure we signed him on a 3 year deal in the summer, so unless someone offers some serious cash then he shall remain ours!
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

17. Quote Originally Posted by shouldbee View Post
    :crazy3::crazy3::crazy3:
    Always maintained he's a good player, done everything apart from scored the goals he's paid to score. Now he's starting to do that, happy days.

I still think 1 in 26 for a striker is shocking though :crazy3:

18. Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    Always maintained he's a good player, done everything apart from scored the goals he's paid to score. Now he's starting to do that, happy days.

I still think 1 in 26 for a striker is shocking though :crazy3:
    It is.
    Let's hope it's a confidence thing and he's finally cracked it.
    Even if Clayton makes a storming finish to the season there will be that anxiety next season that if he doesn't start scoring, how long will we have to wait for it to come back?

This situation very much reminds me of the dreadful scenes in our garage forecourts last week and whilst I'm delighted that Clayton appears to have shown that he isn't entirely unleaded, I would once again urge caution from those panic buying in to the idea that scoring a handful of goals after a dry spell of, um, all season, somehow makes him Thierry Henry.
    If we beat Southend.

Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,337 Posts
    3,308 Likes for 1,802 Posts
    Your post might look really stupid come saturday.

you were saying

21. Quote Originally Posted by newbee79 View Post

you were saying
    I don't want to be drawn on it, but seeing as you have forced the issue ok.

Charlie Macdonald is the currently higher scoring player, in a team currently in the play-offs. Which player's goal to game ratio is better? Just because Donaldson has suddenly found a bit of form, it doesn't make all the games where he has missed 4 or 5 chances disappear, neither does it make Charlie's season at MK any worse. Or Alexander or Grabban, who also get the 'not good enough' treatment.

Two 11 and 14 game spells without scoring a goal... but 4 in 3 (when the pressure is off) and he is and always has been our best striker?
    Last edited by detours; 2nd April 2012 at 09:45.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

I don't want to be drawn on it, but seeing as you have forced the issue ok.

Charlie Macdonald is the currently higher scoring player, in a team currently in the play-offs. Which player's goal to game ratio is better? Just because Donaldson has suddenly found a bit of form, it doesn't make all the games where he has missed 4 or 5 chances disappear, neither does it make Charlie's season at MK any worse. Or Alexander or Grabban, who also get the 'not good enough' treatment.

Two 11 and 14 game spells without scoring a goal... but 4 in 3 (when the pressure is off) and he is and always has been our best striker?
    Can you name one game when Donaldson missed 4 or 5 chances ?
    I can't....

He's been due a goal and has now scored 4 in a few weeks.
    I reckon he'll get about 10 this season, below what Charlie used to average, but he'll get more than Charlie or Gary next season.
    Blind Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post
    Can you name one game when Donaldson missed 4 or 5 chances ?
    I can't....

He's been due a goal and has now scored 4 in a few weeks.
    I reckon he'll get about 10 this season, below what Charlie used to average, but he'll get more than Charlie or Gary next season.
    The only answer to this debate lies with Clayton and next season. There is no denying in the last three matches he's looked the real deal just as there is no denying that 1 goal in 26 games is not an acceptable ratio for a striker in a promotion chasing side. In all bar a couple of matches he had put a decent shift in but there is no denying he's missed some chances we would expect him to have scored with his eyes shut.

The one thing that we can say with certainty is that the vast majority of GPGers and fans want him to succeed, he has shown a lot of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post
    He's been due a goal and has now scored 4 in a week.

Slight ammendment there

He's on 9 already, I reckon he'll get above 10. I reckon about 13-14. His confidence should be flowing now, and we have (cautiously jinxes us) two fairly easy games coming up next. I can see him getting one or two there.

Plus he seems to be the penalty man now. Maybe the form has come too late, but it would give him confidence going into next season, along with the fans and players.
    Last edited by Invipai; 2nd April 2012 at 10:54.

but 4 in 3 (when the pressure is off)
    The pressure is hardly off when half the spectators are baying for your blood.

Thread Information