Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1953

Thread: Bees sign Harry Forrester

  1. #626
    I didn't think putting Legge up top was the worst thing in the world. But by then we had run out of ideas anyway.

    Forrester needs a full pre-season and I can see him being a big big part of the team next season. We have him in contract, and Uwe obviously sees his potential.

    Dallas, Forrester, Bidwell, Forshaw, Reeves, Oyeleke are all young but could be important players for us if Uwe manages to a) sign some of them and b) get them ready for full time league football.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

  2. Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    I'm hoping he starts against Hartlepool.
    They wouldn't listen!
    Harry is the kind of player we should build a team around. I thought Uwe with his higher level experience would understand that.
    Very, very disappointed he didn't even come on.
    I'm going to be holding this against Rosler if he let's Forrester slip away.

  3. #628
    Can be the best player in our team given match experience and time, just check back the pages to see my comments about him. Ajax aren't interested in crap players, end of.
    @ChrisSmith1992. 25. Support Minnesota Timberwolves and Vikings. Also FC Barcelona!

  4. #629
    Joined in Mar 2009
    From Keighley, West Yorkshire.
    1,312 Posts
    377 Likes for 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    They wouldn't listen!
    Harry is the kind of player we should build a team around. I thought Uwe with his higher level experience would understand that.
    Very, very disappointed he didn't even come on.
    I'm going to be holding this against Rosler if he let's Forrester slip away.
    You and me both.
    The search for someone to blame is always successful.

  5. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    They wouldn't listen!
    Harry is the kind of player we should build a team around. I thought Uwe with his higher level experience would understand that.
    Very, very disappointed he didn't even come on.
    I'm going to be holding this against Rosler if he let's Forrester slip away.
    He won't slip away

  6. #631
    cant understand why hes not getting any game time tbh

  7. #632
    maybe Rosler is underwhelmed? He hasnt blown me away the times ive seen him play

  8. #633
    He probably just needs a decent pre-season behind him, he's been playing catch up with his fitness all season.

  9. #634
    Joined in Mar 2005
    From Strawberry Hill, Twickenham
    4,560 Posts
    371 Likes for 224 Posts
    I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Mark Peters who will only be remembered for two things IMO his sending off at Wycombe and his goal against the Shepherds Bush Scum.

  10. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
    He probably just needs a decent pre-season behind him, he's been playing catch up with his fitness all season.
    I think that's the point. The management see him every day in training and it's always catch up if you miss the pre season-never mind the further injuries.

  11. #636
    Joined in Nov 2005
    From Czech Republic
    3,605 Posts
    395 Likes for 224 Posts
    As Uwe seems very reluctant to use him, despite some useful performances, I can't work out where he fits into the overall picture.

  12. #637
    He fits on the bench but I think that Uwe seems him left midfield in a 'conventional' 4-4-2. With Saunders he's playing a 4-3-1-2, so that requires 3 "conventional" midfielders.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

  13. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    He fits on the bench but I think that Uwe seems him left midfield in a 'conventional' 4-4-2. With Saunders he's playing a 4-3-1-2, so that requires 3 "conventional" midfielders.
    Exactly.
    When we played at MK and Preston we played 4 across the middle, the pitch was nice and wide which suited him.
    Wrong conditions at Hartlepool so could understand him being on the bench.
    I would have liked to seen Harry come on Saturday but Uwe said he realised we needed to make sure we didn't lose the game and made the changes didn't agree with it at the time but don't see it as a major problem, Harry will be great for us, I'm sure and he has been when he's played so far. We all know Uwe likes to make changes depending on the opposition, pitch, conditions. There's no rush, he's still young and still learning too, he was only in the development squad when we signed him.
    Last edited by Brentford_till_die; 17th April 2012 at 00:16.

  14. #639
    Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,970 Posts
    304 Likes for 208 Posts
    I've a feeling that his best position may be the one where Saunders is performing well at present. Uwe may be wary of playing the 2 of them. Has shown enough good touches to deminstrate that he has skill, so I hope a good pre-season will get him set to play a major role next season

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Brain-dead Bee View Post
    I've a feeling that his best position may be the one where Saunders is performing well at present. Uwe may be wary of playing the 2 of them. Has shown enough good touches to deminstrate that he has skill, so I hope a good pre-season will get him set to play a major role next season
    I reckon he'll play at Stevenage in same team as mk dons.

  16. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooburn Bee View Post
    I reckon he'll play at Stevenage in same team as mk dons.
    Hope you are right.

  17. #642
    playing in todays development squad game
    Brentford are brilliant.

  18. #643
    Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,970 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    I think that's the point. The management see him every day in training and it's always catch up if you miss the pre season-never mind the further injuries.
    Pre season was a long time ago, are you saying that a player has no chance of getting match fit over the season if he misses the friendlies against non league opposition during the close season in the height of the summer? He has had injuries but Forrester has been under utilised (even if he only played 30-40 mins as per saturday) imo given some of the awful performances by the team and certain individuals earlier in the season. The reason for this only Uwe knows.
    It was just one of those things....

  19. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    Exactly.
    When we played at MK and Preston we played 4 across the middle, the pitch was nice and wide which suited him.
    Wrong conditions at Hartlepool so could understand him being on the bench.
    I would have liked to seen Harry come on Saturday but Uwe said he realised we needed to make sure we didn't lose the game and made the changes didn't agree with it at the time but don't see it as a major problem, Harry will be great for us, I'm sure and he has been when he's played so far. We all know Uwe likes to make changes depending on the opposition, pitch, conditions. There's no rush, he's still young and still learning too, he was only in the development squad when we signed him.
    Some good points, but I'm a little bit worried about him. Had really hoped he would have made more of an impact by now. His attitude does seem to be good though.

    Only point of disagreement - he was not signed for the development squad.

  20. #645
    im not sure about him, has some nice touches but he isnt a winger or a striker...

  21. #646
    Fact is he's not as good as Sam so he would have to play wide, and from what I've seen of him he's not that quick, that's likely to be the reason Uwe tends to prefer McGinn, who is a good player despite some of the insults some on here throw at him.
    Football is not a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

  22. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    im not sure about him, has some nice touches but he isnt a winger or a striker...

    Correct Hanworth.....
    Football is not a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

  23. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by shouldbee View Post
    Fact is he's not as good as Sam so he would have to play wide, and from what I've seen of him he's not that quick, that's likely to be the reason Uwe tends to prefer McGinn, who is a good player despite some of the insults some on here throw at him.
    Seems be a view held by quite a few people but from what i've seen of him, he's very quick. Certainly showed a very good turn of pace at MK Dons.

  24. #649
    Well neither is Saunders and we've built the team around him!
    Kevin O'Connor- substitute for a season and a half. A SEASON AND A HALF.

  25. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by shouldbee View Post
    Fact is he's not as good as Sam so he would have to play wide, and from what I've seen of him he's not that quick, that's likely to be the reason Uwe tends to prefer McGinn, who is a good player despite some of the insults some on here throw at him.
    What not as good as Sam in the last dozen games or this season.....because before that Sam had quite a few detractors (me included) and it's only lately in the new formation that he's really shown as a player who is vital to the team.

    Forrester is young and had a bad run of injuries but showed that he does have a talent commensurate with someone who was considered a prospect at a Premiership club and has represented his country. Whilst he may not have the pace of a Weston he certainly has a high degree of skill and the ability to move quickly enough. I would have liked to have seen him given a run out on Saturday instead of pushing Legge up top.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [BrentfordFC] BEES SIGN HARRY FORRESTER
    By Google News Feed in forum Newsfeeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th August 2011, 14:00
  2. Andre Forrester
    By Inappropriate Smilies Bee in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23rd November 2006, 20:56
  3. forrester
    By wayfarer172 in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23rd October 2006, 11:23
  4. Jamie Forrester
    By boney bee in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18th July 2001, 21:54
  5. Jamie Forrester
    By LostBee in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th November 2000, 01:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •