NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 213 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Saido Berahino

1. Quote Originally Posted by alexcavell View Post
    I can't help but feel we're missing the influence of Andrew Mills. After all, wasn't it his connections that landed us Szczesny amongst others?
    Szcesny was to all intents and purposes a one-off piece of luck. I don't think our other loanees while Andrew Mills was with us came close to being so obviously too good for this division as was the case with Szcesny. Okay, Rhodes, Schlupp, but how much is that down to Andrew Mills?
    We also got a forward from Arsenal around the same time and he sank without trace.

Joined in Jun 2004
    From Western Cape, South Africa
    4,486 Posts
    210 Likes for 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    Szcesny was to all intents and purposes a one-off piece of luck. I don't think our other loanees while Andrew Mills was with us came close to being so obviously too good for this division as was the case with Szcesny. Okay, Rhodes, Schlupp, but how much is that down to Andrew Mills?
    We also got a forward from Arsenal around the same time and he sank without trace.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by detours View Post
    It was all part of the plan... to clear the decks... for NEXT season?

We have just one striker on our permanent books, who has the third highest appearances in the team, but who has scored only 5 goals. Yet the strikers we have let go but are scoring frequently for other teams would 'not have materially benefited our season'. What planet are you on!?
    Actually,firmly here on planet earth. CM wanted to go and a guaranteed start and GA wanted more money and a two year contract. In the circs, we didn't let them go,it seems to me that they went. CM is scoring goals at this level but I don't know how many-I don't think he's hit more than 12 in a good attacking side. The others are working down a level. We have seen that moving up to league 1 does pose problems for strikers [ e.g Tubbs and I hate to say it Clayton]. OK we haven't brought in strikers and I don't know why but I'm happy the others have gone. What's the point in committing to more two year deals with players who IMO aren't of the standard we need. Happy to see this season out and trust we will sort things in the summer.

I hope he returns on Thursday having seen that his Tweeting wasn't helpful and scores a brace against Rochdale. His current return of 4 goals in 7 appearances compares favourably with Donaldson's 5 in 41 appearances.

Joined in Dec 2006
    From Richmond, Surrey
    3,739 Posts
    759 Likes for 341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    Actually,firmly here on planet earth. CM wanted to go and a guaranteed start and GA wanted more money and a two year contract. In the circs, we didn't let them go,it seems to me that they went. CM is scoring goals at this level but I don't know how many-I don't think he's hit more than 12 in a good attacking side. The others are working down a level. We have seen that moving up to league 1 does pose problems for strikers [ e.g Tubbs and I hate to say it Clayton]. OK we haven't brought in strikers and I don't know why but I'm happy the others have gone. What's the point in committing to more two year deals with players who IMO aren't of the standard we need. Happy to see this season out and trust we will sort things in the summer.
    What gives you so much optimism, going by Uwe's past dealings, that the summer will prove any different to what has gone before?

6. Not sure how much the signings are to do with Uwe. Isn't that what Warburton does?

So what did he say on twitter?????

Quote Originally Posted by dbee3 View Post
    What gives you so much optimism, going by Uwe's past dealings, that the summer will prove any different to what has gone before?
    Simply that I think there will be more money to play with after a clear out. I'm not sure either that Uwe is necessarily the reason we haven't brought in players. If we don't get anyone on loan this time around then I suspect there are other reasons. I'd like to see the club clarify the position as it would be unfair if Uwe is taking the flak undeservedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hullbee View Post
    So what did he say on twitter?????
    @SBerahino: ****ing shit shit shit!!

@SBerahino: This could be the end of the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    @SBerahino: ****ing shit shit shit!!

@SBerahino: This could be the end of the road!!
    Perhaps he's just failed to beat his hi score on Need For Speed on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by The Pipe View Post
    Hate to put a downer on all things negative for the manager but In this instance I believe his actions are correct. No doubt west brim are not impressed with him either, needs to grow up I think if he wants a decent career. Hopefully back on Thursday with a point to prove which could benefit all concerned
    Uwe's actions were probably right but he doesn't need to saying what he thought about him in public. Would we think differently if it was one of our lads who was hung out to dry while on loan. Matters like this are surely internal. Was our Celtic loan superstar left out last night for not conducting his job properly?

12. Sometimes young players need encouraging words and not bollockings young players are in the main inconsistent (and rash) management needs to be able to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    Sometimes young players need encouraging words and not bollockings young players are in the main inconsistent (and rash) management needs to be able to handle this.
    Trouble is it happened in a public forum. We don't know what else was said. Uwe did the right thing and Roy Hodgson obviously agreed too.

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,126 Posts
    12,940 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taxi driver View Post
    Uwe's actions were probably right but he doesn't need to saying what he thought about him in public. Would we think differently if it was one of our lads who was hung out to dry while on loan. Matters like this are surely internal. Was our Celtic loan superstar left out last night for not conducting his job properly?

Uwe didn't criticise him in anyway. He just stated facts - he trained on Monday, they spoke with West Brom, they hope he'll train on Thursday. I hope that if there was any bollocking, it was done by West Brom.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dbee3 View Post
    The summer is the best time for a manager to go fishing for new players. Uwe was brought in late in the pre-season period after all the best buys had been snapped up by other clubs. Hopefully next summer he'll have a lot more time to weigh up the best deals and bring in the players he really wants rather than the players who just happen to be around.

Joined in Nov 2010
    From Warnham,WEST SUSSEX
    6,851 Posts
    920 Likes for 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruislip bee View Post
    Not sure how much the signings are to do with Uwe. Isn't that what Warburton does?
    Thats how I see it.Thats what he is employed to do.Contracts as well.

Uwe runs the first team and thats where the buck stops if they do not perform.

Joined in Apr 2003
    From 3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......
    53,716 Posts
    5,055 Likes for 3,426 Posts
    ...........so............did he turn up for training????..........did he say sorry????????...........

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,126 Posts
    12,940 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GP200 View Post
    ...........so............did he turn up for training????..........did he say sorry????????...........
    Tweeted - preparing for Saturday, three points needed. I assume he's back on board, hopefully with a point to prove.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

"@SBerahino: Got the munchies, its time for movies. Preparation for saturday games starts! Need the 3points badly on saturday. #comeonbees"

So I'm guessing he's either come to see the error of his ways, or is trying to get back into the team now knowing that people from club do actually read the players Twitters

I'm also not entirely sure why getting the munchies means it's time for the movies...

Shame a few more of them didn't take the view that we 'need 3 points badly' when we actually did .
    If we beat Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    Not if it's to do with contractual responsibilities. He has to go with whatever structure has been put in place.
    Of course he does, & if UR agreed to that then I stand by my comments that he's made a rod for his own back.

It would also blur responsibilities. Does UR take the blame for the performance of the 1st team? Or does he say that MW didn't get him good enough players? MW's response would be that his player choice was good, UR's coaching & motivation was to blame. Help!

At least that doesn't matter at present as both areas are patently failing in the view of this supporter. The squad isn't good enough & the tactics & style are poor & motivation is absent - so they both share culpability imo.

Worked really hard today and played really well.
    Held up the ball , linked with Clayton and showed some good passing and skill

Fair play he got his head down and worked hard i thought, quite skillful at times as well. Much better from Berahino.
    The future's bright, the future's Brentford !

Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,972 Posts
    305 Likes for 208 Posts
    No complaints about his efforts. It looked as though Uwe and the coaching staff made a particular effort to give him positive encouragement when he was subbed.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,601 Posts
    959 Likes for 548 Posts
    Oh dear,he should keep off twitter,not very savory.

Thread Information