NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 234 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 250

Thread: Banned From GPG

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Isle of Red & Wight
    Posts
    12,768
    Threads
    153
    Posts You Liked
    993
    1,075 Likes for 704 Posts
    Mind you, that coming from a bloke that's never received so much as an infraction.
    If we beat Southend.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    31,363
    Threads
    440
    Posts You Liked
    1,360
    1,081 Likes for 718 Posts
    I have been told i owe an apology on this thread.
    To clear up future confusion can we have a list of those currently banned, time of banishment and reason for ban ?

    Sorry for offending anyone

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Trotta Terrace
    Posts
    8,912
    Threads
    180
    Posts You Liked
    418
    1,017 Likes for 687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post
    I have been told i owe an apology on this thread.
    To clear up future confusion can we have a list of those currently banned, time of banishment and reason for ban ?

    Sorry for offending anyone

    Sell out

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    No longer my beloved NAM
    Posts
    38,191
    Threads
    605
    Posts You Liked
    815
    1,148 Likes for 776 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post
    I have been told i owe an apology on this thread.
    To clear up future confusion can we have a list of those currently banned, time of banishment and reason for ban ?

    Sorry for offending anyone
    do one mrs mangal
    "Get rid of Trotta and win more games, thats all you gotta do..simple."

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Warnham,WEST SUSSEX
    Posts
    5,708
    Threads
    1
    Posts You Liked
    327
    515 Likes for 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbee66 View Post
    I have said a few things on here in the past (which to this day are fact as far as im aware) that hasnt gone down well or people did not quite believe even though my facts have pretty much come from some of the players or other people at the club.

    however, i def believe the above highlighted line! i am aware that the players and other memebers of staff (1st team staff) at the club are told to ignore all comments on this forum and to never comment on any of it. as far as im aware 'important people' at the club have no influence on what goes on here. However, im sure if MB piped up about something regarding the forum it might be considered.
    If i comment on management or the like then i get rebus jumping up and down telling all and sundry to beware of me as a poster which is up to him,but i have never posted an untruth.Some things hurt those that not like that sort of thing.Shame but thats the way it is.Kept best bits to meself.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cricklewood
    Posts
    3,152
    Threads
    36
    Posts You Liked
    3
    41 Likes for 15 Posts
    You only have to look at some message boards to see how ugly & unreadable they become without a code of conduct. It might be depressingly negative at the moment but at least the GPG remains free of the most tedious of trolling. I'd rather that than page after page of rubbish, abuse & threats that I've seen elsewhere. In the end if you want an alternative where we can all be as free to air our views as possible then set one up. I don't think anyone's stopping you.
    Please Do Not Rock The Boat

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ealing
    Posts
    7,446
    Threads
    52
    Posts You Liked
    2
    110 Likes for 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
    You only have to look at some message boards to see how ugly & unreadable they become without a code of conduct. It might be depressingly negative at the moment but at least the GPG remains free of the most tedious of trolling. I'd rather that than page after page of rubbish, abuse & threats that I've seen elsewhere. In the end if you want an alternative where we can all be as free to air our views as possible then set one up. I don't think anyone's stopping you.
    I think this works well on the GPG on the whole. My limited knowledge of other (non-sport) messageboards suggests that this is better run (in terms of avoiding trolls) than most

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houses of Parliament
    Posts
    2,328
    Threads
    91
    Posts You Liked
    11
    14 Likes for 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I've come home from work to 6 long emails from the same person. Not in the mood to read them.
    They took me ages as well...
    You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    The "report a post" feature is open to everyone and the "on-duty" moderator gives it due consideration. MB has NEVER used it. rebus uses it all the time (and is generally ignored). This messageboard is (as it says below):

    The Griffin Park Grapevine (GPG) is an unofficial website of Brentford FC
    All Information © 1997-2011 Griffin Park Grapevine. All Rights Reserved.
    Griffinpark.org is in no way authorised by or connected with Brentford Football Club or anyone else for that matter.
    We're not sponsored by anyone either. If that makes us unbiased and independent, so much the better.
    The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors.

    We are fiercely proud of our independence, we pay for it in cold, hard cash. However we are also (somewhat) responsible and don't put up with reckless trolling and "speculation".
    Im not sure if you were agreeing with me or not here. but what i was basically trying to say was i know that 1st team players and staff (i.e. UR, MW, SR) are told not to read or comment on this site and dont effect it in any way.

    When i mentioned MB i meant that if he heard of something on here which extremely pis**d him off im sure he would kindly ask the administrator to remove it.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    London
    Posts
    42,779
    Threads
    2895
    Posts You Liked
    556
    1,120 Likes for 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbee66 View Post

    When i mentioned MB i meant that if he heard of something on here which extremely pis**d him off im sure he would kindly ask the administrator to remove it.
    He's never done so and I wouldn't expect him to.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infatuated Bees Alter Ego View Post
    Sorry I've taken 2 paracetamols and the migraine still hasn't gone ! What exactly are you advocating Mr Benham do or say ? and why should he ?
    WOW!! ok let me say it again for you.

    1st team players and 1st team staff = told never to comment on the GPG or even bother to read it

    ....And i was guessing that if something on here really really piss*d MB off he would kindly ask the administrator to remove it.

    Make sense???

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    He's never done so and I wouldn't expect him to.
    yeah me neither. but if something did really annoy him im sure he would say something/or have someone else say something.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ruislip
    Posts
    848
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    41
    208 Likes for 141 Posts
    To be sure to sure. Maybe it's me but not sure sure what your talking about. Unfortunately we are all very small cogs in wheels. I doubt MB has ever heard of you. Soz for deflating your ego mate

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    No longer my beloved NAM
    Posts
    38,191
    Threads
    605
    Posts You Liked
    815
    1,148 Likes for 776 Posts
    Now that is cool. Imagining being that rich and important that you don't even bother speaking. You just get someone else to say something. I may quit my job and take up gambling.
    "Get rid of Trotta and win more games, thats all you gotta do..simple."

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    London
    Posts
    42,779
    Threads
    2895
    Posts You Liked
    556
    1,120 Likes for 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbee66 View Post
    Im not sure if you were agreeing with me or not here. but what i was basically trying to say was i know that 1st team players and staff (i.e. UR, MW, SR) are told not to read or comment on this site and dont effect it in any way..
    They may or may not be told not to read it. I know that they do read this though.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruislip_Rich View Post
    To be sure to sure. Maybe it's me but not sure sure what your talking about. Unfortunately we are all very small cogs in wheels. I doubt MB has ever heard of you. Soz for deflating your ego mate
    deflating my ego?? what are you on about?? i cant work out from what ive said how or why your coming at me with statements like 'sorry to deflate your ego mate.'

    im saying if something offensive towards MB or a protest to get MB out (not that would happen as he's good for us.....but we've seen it at PL games) then he may ask admin to remove it.

    how you've come at my 'ego' over a comment like that is beyond me.

    SOZ MATE!

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    They may or may not be told not to read it. I know that they do though.
    haha. well of course. if you tell someone not to read something that is being written about you likilihood is you are going to read it.

    but im sure they have to sign something saying they are never allowed to comment.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Queen's County
    Posts
    6,433
    Threads
    268
    Posts You Liked
    65
    1,044 Likes for 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbee66 View Post
    deflating my ego?? what are you on about?? i cant work out from what ive said how or why your coming at me with statements like 'sorry to deflate your ego mate.'

    im saying if something offensive towards MB or a protest to get MB out (not that would happen as he's good for us.....but we've seen it at PL games) then he may ask admin to remove it.

    how you've come at my 'ego' over a comment like that is beyond me.

    SOZ MATE!
    This is an independent message board and unless the owner of this site agreed with MB's request to remove a particular post then I strongly suspect his request would be ignored.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    No longer my beloved NAM
    Posts
    38,191
    Threads
    605
    Posts You Liked
    815
    1,148 Likes for 776 Posts
    On a related note, I have never seen Banana and Matthew Benham in the same room at the same time
    "Get rid of Trotta and win more games, thats all you gotta do..simple."

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    103
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlsmoor_Bee View Post
    This is an independent message board and unless the owner of this site agreed with MB's request to remove a particular post then I strongly suspect his request would be ignored.
    fair enough

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Manly, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    34,250
    Threads
    1154
    Posts You Liked
    95
    56 Likes for 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nocoat View Post
    On a related note, I have never seen Banana and Matthew Benham in the same room at the same time
    Haha! I have.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ruislip
    Posts
    848
    Threads
    0
    Posts You Liked
    41
    208 Likes for 141 Posts
    Afternoon oldbee
    The ego comment I made was that you seem to think you have some inside knowledge of what happens at the club. Clearly you dont.
    I'm not a Rose tinted person but surely Brentford football club are moving in the right direction and I don't understand why people like you are looking for faults all the time. It's never been easy supporting our team and there are so many things stacked against us, lack of fan base, higher budgets etc.
    If people look for problems there easy to find but maybe if we all pull together we can get to the next level.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Deep and darkest Norfolk
    Posts
    8,374
    Threads
    34
    Posts You Liked
    174
    118 Likes for 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WisBee View Post
    ...........................having just read this post, (working backwards through the thread), are you quite sure of the part I have highlighted?..........................

    taptaptapsmilie

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
    Rebus has never asked for anyone to be banned. No-one from the football club has ever asked for anyone to be banned. I am 100% certain of this.

    ................ Is that clear enough for you, Wisbee? ...........

    ...............................clear enough, yes, accurate enough, no - and for those who thought I'd walked away having accepted your admonishment, I'm still awaiting a reply to my PM to you of 17th February...........................
    "We didn't know what to expect, but it has exceeded our expectations"

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    London
    Posts
    42,779
    Threads
    2895
    Posts You Liked
    556
    1,120 Likes for 491 Posts
    Can you please show everyone your evidence to back up your assertion that anyone who was at the club at the time has asked you to be banned

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Deep and darkest Norfolk
    Posts
    8,374
    Threads
    34
    Posts You Liked
    174
    118 Likes for 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Can you please show everyone your evidence to back up your assertion that anyone who was at the club at the time has asked you to be banned
    ......................not an assertion, and as I'm sure you have access to PMs, you only have to look up the date (as mentioned in my PM on 17th February to Edmundo - I'm not going to trawl any further but it was in March 2010 IIRC, and also I wouldn't begin to know how to make a PM public ) to be able to read it yourself..........................
    "We didn't know what to expect, but it has exceeded our expectations"

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 423

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
<-- Google -->