NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1979 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AFCB v Bees - Match Reports & Reactions

1. Quote Originally Posted by King Bee View Post
    I think the argument that Nicky Forster would have been no better is a pointless one. It assumes for a start that Nicky could source and convince the same calibre of player, if not better, to sign for us. Much as I like Nicky, I think he would have made a less convincing argument for the Shaun Derry's of this world to sign up to play for us. Last year it was pretty evident that Mark Warburton was sourcing all the loan players. Nicky needs to learn his trade at a lower level and make a success of it before taking on a league club.
    Sorry, I don't buy this argument at all. First off, the Mark Warburton that works with Uwe is the same one that worked with Nicky. I think he's still sourcing the players, or at least in part.
    But more to the point, Keith Hill was a football nobody compared to Uwe when he went into management and he did a bloody good job at Rochdale (which got him a manager's job in the Championship) working the loan system and spotting talent. I think the stuff about Rosler's connections and all that is vastly overrated.
    On top of that, don't be too dismissive of Nicky's own connections. Reading, Brighton, Birmingham, Ipswich. I reckon anyway it's more down to the impression he makes. You could also argue against Uwe on this point, namely that our inability to sign the "right striker" on loan is down to him (or Warburton). It works both ways if you're going to make that argument.

Like yer car, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Longford Bee View Post
    what worrys me about last night is ,we have players out on loan that can do a job in this league and replace them with loan players who will not be here next season and do we think UR can bring the right players in ,as we may need 10 plus players next season and he can,t get a striker at moment on loan .come the end of the season we may have only 7 or 8 players on our books. ?
    To be honest with you mate that is seven or eight players too many.Apart from Kev , Lee, Douglasand maybe I have forgotten someone else. OH yeah Karleigh, We never tied him dpwn when we should Have. The rest of them can disappear as far as I'm concerned. I like someone that battles on, and we have very few of them
    If my posts offend, then please do not read them. they should not be taken seriously.

Joined in Apr 2006
    From Andover
    254 Posts
    67 Likes for 41 Posts
    Last night in the first half was the worst I can remember since Bristol City in the championship season. I bitterly regret making the dash from from working late to get my daughter and I there. That's 100 I haven't got wasted on the last two games just to get depressed and miserable. The lack of passion and leadership was appalling. I cannot believe anyone goes out there and doesn't try but perhaps I'm just nave as I would have give anything to have that as my job. Had some freinds in the stand behind the dugouts and they said Uwe and his team were screaming at the players and they were just ignoring them. Have to say Bournemouth were awful as well and have been for some time, which makes me wonder why we set up so defensively against a a team that had managed 1 goal in 6 games. Oh well that's why am a Planning Manager and not an ex footballer...

Quote Originally Posted by jimchelsea View Post
    Last night in the first half was the worst I can remember since Bristol City in the championship season. I bitterly regret making the dash from from working late to get my daughter and I there. That's 100 I haven't got wasted on the last two games just to get depressed and miserable. The lack of passion and leadership was appalling. I cannot believe anyone goes out there and doesn't try but perhaps I'm just nave as I would have give anything to have that as my job. Had some freinds in the stand behind the dugouts and they said Uwe and his team were screaming at the players and they were just ignoring them. Have to say Bournemouth were awful as well and have been for some time, which makes me wonder why we set up so defensively against a a team that had managed 1 goal in 6 games. Oh well that's why am a Planning Manager and not an ex footballer...
    Statements like the one I have highlighted in this post are the very reason why I feel Uwe handled the situation with Saido badly. Yes, he did wrong but surely Uwe could have handled this better. By not playing Saido and by not proactively trying to resolve the situation he was not only punishing the player but also the club and the fans.

5. An awful performance and astonished to read that Uwe feels we deserved a point. We deserved nothing. How can you deserve a point when you can't string more than 2 passes together and create nothing. They were poor but they scored a goal, therefore they deserve to win and we deserve nothing.

No goals since GA left - but I'm more worried by the lack of chances created in those 3 games. By my calculations we've had 3 really good chances to score in 270mins of football. Last night was total hoofball from start to finish - what happened to our improved style of play?

One up front first half and CD really was alone. The ball was either hoofed up to him to battle it out with two/three defenders, or the few times when we did get it to his feet everyone else in a Brentford shirt ran as far away from him as they could, leaving getting fouled and a free kick the best we could hope for. The central midfield 3 once again got out ran, out muscled and out skilled by the oppositions central 2. Yes we had 3 in there and they had 2. Didn't look like it. Dave touched the ball no more than 10 times in an hour before getting axed and I'm struggling to see what Forshaw offers that Reeves does not. So of course we've extended the loan.

McGinn obviously doesn't want to be in a Brentford shirt and none of the fans want to see him in a Brentford shirt, so why is he picked every game? The early season promise has gone, he's not interested and is a passenger for every minute he's on the pitch. Forrester looked ok in patches, but that's more of a comparison against some real dross performances.

With the season done why don't we play our own players regularly and give them vital experience for next season? Thompson is no better than Logan. Dean is no better than Osborne and Eger who are now both fit. Forshaw is no better than Reeves. McGinn, on current form, is no better than Oyeleke. The only loanee offering value is Bidwell, plus Saido if he can keep his gob shut, otherwise he can do one as well. I can't believe we are likely to sign any of the current loanees permanently, so all they are doing is preventing our own talent from developing.

The loyal support were left to sing that we have 4 stands at Griffin Park to Bournemouths 3. Clutching at straws as there was nothing to support on the pitch, not even a crunching tackle or half chance, and we all know deep down we'd rather have their ground and potential for development anyway!

Season done for me.

To put into perspective how bad this performance was, reading the local press here in Bournemouth and all the muff supporters comments, they felt that was one of the worst performances by the Muff in living memory, yet they still won. Some of their supporters were even saying they left before the end because it was so awful. Makes you realise how awfully bad Brentford are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Boscombe Bee View Post
    To put into perspective how bad this performance was, reading the local press here in Bournemouth and all the muff supporters comments, they felt that was one of the worst performances by the Muff in living memory, yet they still won. Some of their supporters were even saying they left before the end because it was so awful. Makes you realise how awfully bad Brentford are at the moment.
    Or shows what kind of supporters Bournemouth have if they leave before the end when their team is winning

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    Or shows what kind of supporters Bournemouth have if they leave before the end when their team is winning
    They are certainly not a happy bunch. They want the manager out, they want their drunken swearing chairman and his family out after he has made the club a national laughing stock, they have been bought out by a Russian billionaire who no one has ever seen. Spent 2m on players in January and barely won a game since, their icon has today been forced out the club, and now the local rag have been banned from the ground. And they still beat us!

Quote Originally Posted by Boscombe Bee View Post
    They are certainly not a happy bunch. They want the manager out, they want their drunken swearing chairman and his family out after he has made the club a national laughing stock, they have been bought out by a Russian billionaire who no one has ever seen. Spent 2m on players in January and barely won a game since, their icon has today been forced out the club, and now the local rag have been banned from the ground. And they still beat us!
    Thats football though aint it.
    Look at Portsmouth they smashed Birmingham 4-1 at the weekend. We're going through a rough patch and so were Bournemouh I guess something had to give. A wonder striker right before half time was the killer blow.
    I didn't think we deserved to lose and thought it was going to end a draw. Stick by your club through thick and thin
    Last edited by Brentford_till_die; 23rd March 2012 at 00:40.

Thread Information