Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Seeing Alan Alan Kernaghan being very vocal since his arrival and now Clinton gesturing from the touchline, then coming on and jogging around to every player with instructions and encouragement, is just inspiring. He more-or-less orchestrated seeing out the last 20 minutes, sometimes holding the ball by the corner flag, sometimes dropping into midfield, then back when we conceded a corner, all the time Uwe talking to the other players and nodding to Morrison to "keep it tight". Beating two exceptionally poor teams in a week is not necessarily a complete turn-around but there is a new spirit to take into the next games with more challenging opponents.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    Decent cheerleader so far (seen better figures though tbh). I have this nagging fear though that a longer contract for a 32 year old isn't the way forward. Let's see if he can get amongst the goals first. If he can get to 5 this season he might be worth a shout.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

I work and talk to engineers from all over the country, they know I support Brentford. a Wednesday one asked me after Saturday what he was like, I said he hardly had a touch really. He went on to say that he felt CM was a panto figure who played with the crowd and did a lot of arm waving but that was all. I suggested to him that we needed a bit of that which seemed to make him think that I was a bigger **** than he already thought. We are such a quiet and nicely behaved looking side and we do need a personality but Les says, we also need the personality to chip in, for now he seems to be a breathe of fresh air.
    Bees Up, Fulham Down.

worth a 1 year + another if plays a certain number of games?

Same contract offered to Alexander...

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,970 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bee View Post

Early days, time to make this decision is at the end of the season. Depends on who else is available. What the arrival of CM has highlighted to me that a couple of simple touches can make a huge difference to the morale and atmoshere of the players/supporters. Its makes you wonder why we have not seen this earlier from the management/backroom staff. He has made a big difference of the pitch imo (remains to be seen how long it will last), maybe Uwe is not the man manager that we think/hoped he is/was.
    It was just one of those things....

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bee View Post

Let's see if he can at least match what GA gave the team, Experience, strength and goals, before dishing out 1 + 1 year deals to players over 30. So far Clinton just ticks the experience box.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Decent cheerleader so far (seen better figures though tbh). I have this nagging fear though that a longer contract for a 32 year old isn't the way forward. Let's see if he can get amongst the goals first. If he can get to 5 this season he might be worth a shout.
    Five in eight when he's not even sure of a start, that's a big ask. If he scores five between now and the end of the season, he's definitely worth a shout.

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypa123 View Post
    Five in eight when he's not even sure of a start, that's a big ask. If he scores five between now and the end of the season, he's definitely worth a shout.
    The logic being that he ain't going to come for peanuts so he's got to be the real deal - if we're going to pay top dollar then I hope it's for a 20+ goal a season man.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

im not getting too excited as he has barely had a touch yet...im not interested in paying top dollar for a mr motivator

"I saw immediately that Clinton lightened up the place," said Uwe.

"He has taken to the players and the players have taken to him.
    "He is not 100 per cent fit but we knew that.
    "He has contributed a lot in the dressing room.
    "He is already a success."

Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    The logic being that he ain't going to come for peanuts so he's got to be the real deal - if we're going to pay top dollar then I hope it's for a 20+ goal a season man.
    It's always a gamble with the over-30s, let alone the over-32s. CM might well be worth it - some strikers do have a knack for finding the net well into their thirties. It will be interesting to see what he can achieve in his few short weeks with us.

@SWFC_wawaw: Morrison eyes return to London http://t.co/uVFGyoqw @morrisonclinton

@morrisonclinton: @SWFC_wawaw don't belive everything you read

13. Let's see how he does for the next few games My gut feeling is that he is unlikely to be with us next season but let's wait and see. He is deffo a good player to have around though off and hopefully also on the pitch.

"The fans must welcome back Clinton Morrison. We will hope though that he doesn't have too good a day on Saturday. He's a wonderful man and a talented footballer."
    Dons boss Robinson has made a plea to the fans to come and show their support on Saturday.

http://www.thezonemk.co.uk/phpbb3/vi...p?f=107&t=6564

15. Didn't we only get him because Wednesday wouldn't let him go to one of their promotion rivals?

So, it would be funny if he helps us make the playoffs where we beat Weds. Especially if there isn't a clause stopping him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by absenteebee View Post
    Didn't we only get him because Wednesday wouldn't let him go to one of their promotion rivals?

So, it would be funny if he helps us make the playoffs where we beat Weds. Especially if there isn't a clause stopping him playing.
    There is a clause. If anything it may do them a favour, as if we had got someone else in, they would have been eligible to play against them.

17. He played well in his 60 minutes last night. Worked hard and you can see other players feeding from his enthusiasm. I agree he needs to get a few goals but I really like what I see so far!

His legs worry me. They look like they're bending under the weight . Mind you, he's still pretty quick.

19. Quote Originally Posted by brighton bee View Post
    There is a clause. If anything it may do them a favour, as if we had got someone else in, they would have been eligible to play against them.
    But would that apply to play-off games as well?

Quote Originally Posted by scruff puppy pup View Post
    But would that apply to play-off games as well?
    He is only on loan till May 6th. Play Off matches begin after that date.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

21. Would there be a gentleman's agreement between Bees & Sheff Weds come the game?

Would imagine he'd be well up for knocking one in against them after being their loan whore this season.

22. Getting better every game. His touch,hold up play and movement is different class.

I've not read anywhere about Clinton not being able to play v Sheffield Weds but there usually is some agreement that a loanee doesn't normally play against their parent club if they play in the same division.

24. He can't play against Sheff Wed.

Joined in Nov 2005
    From Czech Republic
    3,605 Posts
    395 Likes for 224 Posts
    Since his arrival we have won five on the bounce. Obviously a lucky mascot, or maybe he has a big influence in the dressing room. If this run goes on and on, maybe we should offer him a contract for next season. If we start falling apart then we can show him the door (only joking).

Thread Information