Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,126 Posts
    12,940 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan D View Post
    Since his arrival we have won five on the bounce. Obviously a lucky mascot, or maybe he has a big influence in the dressing room. If this run goes on and on, maybe we should offer him a contract for next season. If we start falling apart then we can show him the door (only joking).
    With the greatest respect, I haven't seen anything that has convinced me that he is worth investing what would likely be an enormous amount of money on wages. Great loan signing though.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,971 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Has not done much on the pitch, his role as team motivator off the pitch seems to working ok though.
    It was just one of those things....

I think his quality shines through, despite clearly not being fit. His movement, positioning, control etc. is a cut above many in this division. If we were to sign him permenantly and get him fitter over the summer I think the goals would come and he would prove to be a very good signing.

4. I like his influence on the team, and his character comes through on the pitch.

I think he has been a great short term signing, but the potential wages per week would be better spent elsewhere in my honest opinion.

I would guess we could sign a permanent striker and get a young on loan for the amount it would cost to keep Clinton (just a guess mind) ....
    Get into 'em .... F*ck em up!

I dont think he has done much when ive seen him on the pitch and would not want to sign him at the moment considering the sort of wages he'd want

6. I think he looks pretty classy, good movement off the ball but he is clearly not totally fit and he tired in the second half.

If we won't break the bank for Karleigh I would be annoyed if Clinton was signed as a top earner. He is worth an offer on our terms, but he is past his prime.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

Joined in Sep 2003
    From Nr.Farnham, Surrey
    1,973 Posts
    103 Likes for 63 Posts
    Two points of interest that may sway Uwe's decision about keeping him. First, the way he tugged Sam away from Schumaker and calmed him down after he retaliated to the foul on Douglas - then followed that up by doing it all over again when the ref. spoke to him and Sam looked like he wanted to go to war with the short fat oaf. It showed Clint's experience and influence. The second point was the way Daviniho went running across to high-five him when he was subbed - seemed as if they are building a bit of togetherness, a team-within-a-team if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by larrysigny View Post
    Two points of interest that may sway Uwe's decision about keeping him. First, the way he tugged Sam away from Schumaker and calmed him down after he retaliated to the foul on Douglas - then followed that up by doing it all over again when the ref. spoke to him and Sam looked like he wanted to go to war with the short fat oaf. It showed Clint's experience and influence. The second point was the way Daviniho went running across to high-five him when he was subbed - seemed as if they are building a bit of togetherness, a team-within-a-team if you like.
    I think the budget issue will be key plus whatever irons are in the fire this summer re strikers. His experience on the pitch has already been evident but it might not be the crucial factor.

I don't like glass half empty people ........
    ...... If you can't finish a drink, don't start it.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy View Post
    nice one

To be fair that was a good interview, to be fair.

he's put the kiss of death on us hasn't he!

Joined in Apr 2000
    From Crondall,Nr Farnham
    25,091 Posts
    2,468 Likes for 1,414 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    nice one
    ok to the end ,he isnt a Wednesday player any more and should forget it .
    Hypnotise the lot of 'em !

Joined in Apr 2003
    From 3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......
    53,716 Posts
    5,055 Likes for 3,426 Posts
    ..............I want a bit more than arm waving and pats on back............
    .....The few who do,are the envy of the many who only watch.................

Quote Originally Posted by GP200 View Post
    And Constantly pulling and pushing the defender when it would be easier to simply play the ball

Quote Originally Posted by GP200 View Post
    IMO that's all you'll get but he won't be here next season so don't panic. To his credit [ to be fair] he is in and around the danger area which is where a striker should be-unfortunately he's got a puncture.

Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    unfortunately he's got a puncture.
    Brillant post

Only stopped from scoring by a great block from a defender.

not been overly impressed by what ive seen in the games he has played

Not what we need............
    Football is not a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

We need a minimum of two and possible four new strikers for next season. I'm certain that Uwe and Mark W know this and it is comforting that we've already got a winger/striker lined up... but he's a (worthwhile) gamble, not a first-choice. We need a target man to wear the number 9 shirt; Morrison was a pick of what was available to us as the window closed but I can't for one moment image he's got more than a couple of weeks left with us.
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

22. 1 user(s) liked this post
    BFC1997 (15th April 2012)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    Morrison was a pick of what was available to us as the window closed but I can't for one moment image he's got more than a couple of weeks left with us.
    do you want him to stay, done wonders for team spirit?
    RIP Huw Bryant 16-01-07

Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    We need a minimum of two and possible four new strikers for next season. I'm certain that Uwe and Mark W know this and it is comforting that we've already got a winger/striker lined up... but he's a (worthwhile) gamble, not a first-choice. We need a target man to wear the number 9 shirt; Morrison was a pick of what was available to us as the window closed but I can't for one moment image he's got more than a couple of weeks left with us.

Quote Originally Posted by bees66 View Post
    do you want him to stay, done wonders for team spirit?
    theres no proof of that

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    theres no proof of that
    well since he came we haven't lost, prior to that results were crap in December, January, February and March.. go look at the stats..
    RIP Huw Bryant 16-01-07

Thread Information