Interviewer: You might have preferred the second goal to come earlier, but a win is a win?
Uwe Rosler: In our situation I’ll take any three points. Today was very important. It was not glamour football, but it was a very hard working and well earned three points. Sometimes these types of games can be very satisfactory.

Interviewer: So many players today covered a lot of ground. Jonathan Douglas was everywhere and the two up front defended from the front as well.
UR: When we are at our best we are a good pressing team. That is the way we have played in our best periods this season. The two up front, I ask a lot of them and today they both did very well.

For a young kid like Saido it was a lot to ask of him, but I was very happy with his response to the Leyton Orient game.

Overall the whole team was very solid and alert. They did their jobs. That is all I can ask for.

Interviewer: A fantastic cross for the second goal and technically a great finish too?
UR: Clayton always scores the difficult goals. When he doesn’t have to think much and it is an instinct finish. Like his goals at Notts County and against Tranmere. One touch and bang.

This time it was just attack the ball and head it. Sometimes when he has to make choices, he doesn’t make the right one. But this was an instinctive finish from a striker in the right place at the right time.

People have criticised him for the amount of goals he has scored this season, but I always stand by him for what he gives to the team, his work-rate and we can play higher up the pitch because people drop back as they are afraid of his speed.

Tactically for us he is so important. He can still make double figures and if he does I’ll be very happy with his first season in League One.

Interviewer: Some of the inter-play in the box was almost perfect, but not quite. But that will come, won’t it?
UR: When you are losing three on the trot and have not scored, the belief can go out of the window. But with the arrival of Clinton [Morrison] and a player of his personality, and also his bubbly nature in the dressing room, I think that is very important.

Clinton is not 100% match-fit so I have asked everyone to be a little patient with him. He’s contributed already in the dressing-room by speaking to the players etc.

Interviewer: Jonathan Douglas just seems to everywhere?
UR: If you asked me today have I seen a better central midfield player in that type of role and performing consistently, I would say he is the best player in our league, for that type of player. He is so consistent and I hope he can continue to the end of the season. At times he carried his [this season]. He has enormous will power and hates to lose and is a good role model in our squad.

Interviewer: Adam Forshaw’s injury sounds quite nasty?
UR: Someone asked me if I have broken a mirror and yes, I broke my bathroom mirror two weeks ago! We’re not sure what news there is from the hospital, but it doesn’t look good.

With the loan window closed and Marcus Bean having to come off with his knee, we are a little short in certain areas. But that opens the door for some of the younger players like Jake Reeves. I am glad I did not allow him to go out on loan now.