Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100

Thread: Penalty taker

  1. #1
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From In a very dark place
    2,330 Posts
    218 Likes for 86 Posts

    Penalty taker

    We was just wondering on Saturday after the apeal for a penalty just who would take it now

    Clayton - Douglas we opted for Douglas but anyone else?
    1967 Must never be forgotten

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMOGP View Post
    We was just wondering on Saturday after the apeal for a penalty just who would take it now

    Clayton - Douglas we opted for Douglas but anyone else?
    I thought I'd read somewhere that Clayton had said he'd take them.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMOGP View Post
    We was just wondering on Saturday after the apeal for a penalty just who would take it now

    Clayton - Douglas we opted for Douglas but anyone else?
    After witnessing Douglas's penalty at Barnet, I hope he doesn't take the next one! Clayton is the nominee I believe.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

  4. #4
    Its Donaldson

  5. #5
    KOC said on bees player they hadn't talked about it in training but said it was most likely to be Saunders

  6. #6
    Wouldn't mind see Legge blasting them past the keeper!
    Come on you reds!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Holysmit View Post
    Wouldn't mind see Legge blasting them past the keeper!
    Then past the crossbar, the roof of the stand, etc.

    Would go for Leon only if penalties had to be taken using the head.

  8. #8
    Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,972 Posts
    305 Likes for 208 Posts
    Saunders would be my choice... I think Douglas might pass it to a team-mate rather than have a shot

  9. #9
    Joined in Jan 2001
    From Tir na nog
    9,768 Posts
    422 Likes for 281 Posts
    Bet we don’t get another for the rest of the season!
    YES YOU SKEGRAT!

  10. #10
    Joined in Oct 2005
    From Hounslow
    40,323 Posts
    3,590 Likes for 2,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    KOC said on bees player they hadn't talked about it in training but said it was most likely to be Saunders
    Sam missed one against Southampton last season and got dogs on here for taking it.
    COYB

  11. Would say Clayton to help boost his tally but can just imagine the stick and impact on his confidence if he missed.

    I've always thought keepers taking pens is entertaining too.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TW3Bee View Post
    Sam missed one against Southampton last season and got dogs on here for taking it.
    He hit the post, all his other penalties in shootouts were excellent though.

    That was the season we missed about a million penalties from open play. Saunders would be my choice. Letting Donaldson take them is asking to knock his confidence again. He missed one in pre-season... the rest is history
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

  13. #13
    Must admit I'd go with Saunders. If Clayton steps up ten out of ten for having big Kahunas but no offence if I keep my eyes shut

  14. Quote Originally Posted by detours View Post
    He hit the post, all his other penalties in shootouts were excellent though.

    That was the season we missed about a million penalties from open play. Saunders would be my choice. Letting Donaldson take them is asking to knock his confidence again. He missed one in pre-season... the rest is history
    He hit the post having sent the keeper totally the wrong way - unlucky IMO - Saunders for penalties in my view.

  15. I thought it would be Sam Saunders!!

  16. #16
    Donaldson scores it!
    There's always an MB in aMBitions

  17. #17
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeybee View Post
    Then past the crossbar, the roof of the stand, etc.

    Would go for Leon only if penalties had to be taken using the head.

    Football is not a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

  19. #19
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From In a very dark place
    2,330 Posts
    218 Likes for 86 Posts
    Question answered
    1967 Must never be forgotten

  20. #20
    Joined in Apr 2003
    From 3d Jazz Mart-Motorcity.......
    53,746 Posts
    5,065 Likes for 3,432 Posts
    ..............coolly taken.........

  21. #21
    Very cooly taken straight down the middle

  22. #22
    Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,972 Posts
    305 Likes for 208 Posts
    As this thread has had such a positive impact on last night's game, should someone start a thread asking how we should celebrate our 5th goal on Saturday?

  23. #23
    Joined in Jan 2001
    From Tir na nog
    9,768 Posts
    422 Likes for 281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUELCH View Post
    Bet we don’t get another for the rest of the season!
    eggonfacesmilie
    YES YOU SKEGRAT!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by SQUELCH View Post
    eggonfacesmilie
    Please post, "bet we don't go up... Bet absenteebee never wins millions on the lottery" etc

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain-dead Bee View Post
    As this thread has had such a positive impact on last night's game, should someone start a thread asking how we should celebrate our 5th goal on Saturday?
    sounds like a plan!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Penalty Taker
    By NorthamptonBee in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2nd October 2009, 08:34
  2. Brentford's best ever penalty taker?
    By bees66 in forum Memory Lane
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 14th March 2007, 10:10
  3. Have you seen THAT penalty?
    By Nick Hester in forum Pre 2014 / 2015 Season Threads
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 23rd October 2006, 16:19
  4. But what about the penalty?
    By PAZ in forum Pre 2014 / 2015 Season Threads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th May 2002, 09:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •