NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1940 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum - 19th April 2012 @ 19:30

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts

Fans Forum - 19th April 2012 @ 19:30

Discussion here please.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Joined in Feb 2001
    From Wouldnt you like to know
    19,698 Posts
    1,149 Likes for 723 Posts
    Just cut out the last ten or so fans raised issues from here, answer them and be done with it zzzzzzz

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    For one reason or another, yesterday was my first home game for ages.

I've got say, paying 22 to watch from The Paddock is farcical. The facilities on offer laughable and the restriction on using Stripes annoying.

That said, we are in a well past it's sell by date stadium, I know that but if the experience can't be improved, we won't have any fans by the time our final five year plan concludes!

Anyone had a reply about getting a ticket, I have sent 2 emails and not had a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo View Post
    Anyone had a reply about getting a ticket, I have sent 2 emails and not had a reply.
    I sent an email to BIAS & sent a PM to bias on here, eventually got a reply couple days later

What is the point of having this with three weeks left of the season? Surely wait until the season is over and we know where we are when surely a lot of the questions about budgets, contracts, etc will be easier to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by rambo View Post
    Hi rambo

Sorry for the delay in reply to your request, you should have received your confirmation now.
    Join BIAS for just 1 a month - see http://www.bias.org.uk
    For BIAS updates follow @BIAS_BFC

Joined in Mar 2004
    From Here, there and everywhere......
    4,094 Posts
    1,430 Likes for 721 Posts
    Given that they have a presence on the board I'd be interested to know whether anyone from Bees Utd will be at the event to answer questions on BU's current and future role within the club?
    'Concrete jungle, the animals are after me'

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    Anyone from BIAS interested in preparing a summary of Q and As for publishing here after the event?
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    I'd be interested in seeing a complete listing as to which BFC Directors and BU Board members attended which games and in addition, gained entry without paying the normal tickets price. This should cover both home and away fixtures.

In addition it should be standard procedure for BU to list all Boardroom guests and for which games they attended. I do not think it unreasonable to provide a rationale behind the invite either.

For the benefit of doubt any BFC Board rep, who is also a BU rep, should have to comply with the BU reporting requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickie Chap View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing a complete listing as to which BFC Directors and BU Board members attended which games and in addition, gained entry without paying the normal tickets price. This should cover both home and away fixtures.

In addition it should be standard procedure for BU to list all Boardroom guests and for which games they attended. I do not think it unreasonable to provide a rationale behind the invite either.

For the benefit of doubt any BFC Board rep, who is also a BU rep, should have to comply with the BU reporting requirements.
    Ooo, I was just thinking that! could the info be gained freely? Or do we have to request it through formal channels?
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    We either have accountability or we carry on like currently, which is the mug support throwing money into a 'bucket' so that an elected rep can treat their mate as some sort of kick back for giving up their time.

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    For the record, notwithstanding the numerous invitations I received down the years to watch a game from the Board Room, at the bequest of David Heath(Bee H) & others, I only accepted on one occasion. That being to the Hull City Cup game, as I was in the position to attend that mach with a business associate (& his son) who supported them, who also just happened to be a senior figure from Lend Lease ( owners of Bovis), someone who could be considered influential in the construction industry.

I was talking with Bee H a day or so prior and mentioned I would be looking to pay for hospitality for the game, asking what was available, when he suggested he call me back. A Board Room invitation then followed.
    Last edited by Brickie Chap; 15th April 2012 at 23:21.

i reckon it will be cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Sheerwater Bee View Post
    Given that they have a presence on the board I'd be interested to know whether anyone from Bees Utd will be at the event to answer questions on BU's current and future role within the club?
    Good point.
    It seems a shame for them to miss an opportunity to explain and answer some of the concerns that have been voiced on here recently...

I've got say, paying 22 to watch from The Paddock is farcical. The facilities on offer laughable and the restriction on using Stripes annoying.

That said, we are in a well past it's sell by date stadium, I know that but if the experience can't be improved, we won't have any fans by the time our final five year plan concludes!
    For most, I guess, the experience will be most improved by having a winning team playing attractive football - whatever the standard of the facilities.

What was your one reason then ??

Quote Originally Posted by BIAS View Post
    Hi rambo

Sorry for the delay in reply to your request, you should have received your confirmation now.
    Yes have now had a reply thanks

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    There is nothing like being on the front foot and the news that the BU Chair has suddenly been added to this weeks panel demonstrates how reactive BU have become.

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,595 Posts
    953 Likes for 545 Posts
    Anyone who can make it can they ask how come we have managed to lose so many strikers this season only to be replaced by donkeys. Also if Mr Devine still supports Swindon and who said for the hospitality at the Steve Coppell night.

Joined in Feb 2001
    19,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westwing View Post
    What was your one reason then ??
    Your weight gain caused capacity issues so something had to give !

Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,595 Posts
    953 Likes for 545 Posts
    Also can someone a,k about the dugouts,thanks

Joined in Jun 2005
    From Salford
    10,682 Posts
    640 Likes for 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Anyone from BIAS interested in preparing a summary of Q and As for publishing here after the event?
    I will be preparing a summary. Will do the five most interesting answers (in my opinion) asap and the rest will follow over the weekend.
    Seven steps to glory

24. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Les Beeavinu (18th April 2012)
    Can someone ask if the next forum can be on the GPG. Would get a bigger audience and people could refer back to the answers. Say two hours between 7 - 9 ten questions preloaded with keyboard warriors allowed additional supplementary questions.

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    i reckon it will be cancelled

Remember one year Greg Dyke having to leave after introducing himself

Thread Information