Recent content by CheltBee

  1. C

    The Gtech Community Stadium

    I distinctly remember the first time I visited White Hart Lane with my mate, a Spurs fan. It will have been in the mid-80's and either early season (Aug?) or end of season (May?), because the sun was blazing down. What sticks in my mind was that they were serving beer in litre plastic glasses...
  2. C

    QPR: mediocre once more!

  3. C

    Fayed & Songs for Fulham away

    So your "right" overrides the feelings even of those of your fellow Bees fans who themselves may have been victims of sexual abuse? (see post #12,984 above). Charming. And that's before you explain to the rest of us exactly how you're "calling out" someone who's dead. :confused:
  4. C

    Managerial Moves 2024/2025

    Dwight Yorke named Trinidad and Tobago head coach
  5. C

    Footballers In Trouble

    Wolves sporting director Hobbs given two-match ban, second offence
  6. C

    92 Club

    I see Spurs are at home to Elfsborg (Sweden) in their final group game in the Europa League on Thursday 30th January. They'll very likely have qualified for the knockout stages by then, making it a dead rubber, so I can't imagine it will sell out. If the guy lets Spurs know he's a 92 Club'er...
  7. C

    Scottish football

    "A football fan is set to take charge of one of Scotland’s oldest clubs as part of a segment on a TV show. Albion Rovers will take on Hearts B on Saturday at Cliftonhill and instead of the club’s usual manager Sandy Clark taking charge, they’ll have podcaster Duncan McKay in the role. Former...
  8. C

    Fayed & Songs for Fulham away

    Except you're not "giving it to" Fayed, you're using it as an excuse to take the piss from Fulham. And there are plenty of other ways of doing that without resorting to tasteless "jokes" about non-footballing matters.
  9. C

    Fayed & Songs for Fulham away

    I'm not sure how you took that from my post :confused: There is a time and a place for everything, I just don't think that a football match is one of those. I mean, you wouldn't march into Harrods, or the Paris Ritz and start singing gleefully about Fayed, would you?
  10. C

    Fayed & Songs for Fulham away

    Don't tell me, when you get back home on Monday evening and your Mum/Wife/Sister/Daughter asks: "How was the game?", your reply will be: "Brilliant! We sang some great songs about Rape and Child Abuse!"
  11. C

    Fayed & Songs for Fulham away

    I'm not sure we should be singing tasteless songs about a rapist and a child abuser etc, when so many of their victims are still around to hear and be reminded of their torment, including people connected to Fulham FC. Rivalry over footballing matters is one thing, rape and sex abuse is quite...
  12. C

    Brentford announce final fan sanctions for 2023/24

    Hope this is the correct thread (Mods please move if not), but an article in 'The Athletic' on how Liverpool are addressing the problem of ticket touting may be instructive. It's paywalled, but the opening gives a flavour: "Liverpool issued 75 lifetime bans from Anfield over the course of last...
  13. C

    92 Club

    Basically an Athletics stadium, the Don Valley was demolished in 2013, that after only having opened in 1990 in preparation for the 1991 World Student Games! What a terrible waste. Thing is, British Athletics/Lord Coe/HMG could have accepted Spurs' offer to buy the London Olympic Stadium and...
  14. C

    92 Club

    Never actually got round to the Withdean (or Gillingham) Never knew that! Anyhow, were I around, I'm sure I still wouldn't have bothered to see BHA play there, Paint Pot or Champions League! I've done all three, but I don't count their new stadium as being "new" (if you see what I mean!)...
  15. C

    92 Club

    I wwas going to say it was hardly worth doing Oxford, since they're going to be moving out of the Kassam soon. Then I noticed this: Oxford United chairman: New stadium probably not ready for 2026/27 Anyhow of existing stadia, I've done around the same number as you (plus another 25-odd of...
Back
Top Bottom