Wimbledon 2026

Wimbledon 2026

Well done to him. He has a lot of great things about his game. The dishy Italian gave up in the third set.

The crowd are annoying when they make noise during the rallies.
It’s the same for both players though.
 

Wimbledon 2026

No comments that he hasn't beaten anyone of note yet like the Emma US Open thread? Bizarre!

Funnily enough I did say this to my Dad this afternoon when I was watching the first set at their place.
He has had a fortuitous draw up to today.
But you still have to beat the opposition. Matey today is no mug and a top ten seed.
 

Wimbledon 2026

No comments that he hasn't beaten anyone of note yet like the Emma US Open thread? Bizarre!
I was just thinking another Brit wildcard winner of a slam and a thread getting opened in his honour so we can all post how underwhelmed we are and feel he able to comment on his failing how we would sort him out over the next five years.
 

Wimbledon 2026

Semis on Friday

One at 130
The second after...
But BBC 1 has their only World Cup QF match from 730
 

Wimbledon 2026

Yes but they get bigger audiences on BBC 1
 

Wimbledon 2026

All hail King Arthur. Lucky enough to have seen him play live. At Wimbledon today. What an atmopshere and performance
Certainly one you’ll remember for a long time, no doubt.

I remember watching him on TV play in the junior Wimbledon doubles tournament a few years ago and have casually followed his results since, but have only watched his matches (on TV) against Dimitrov and Cobolli this time around. I have been fascinated by his athleticism and his presence on court which have been very impressive and his self confidence to compete and play a wide range of shots at a high level.

He will have another huge challenge against Zverev, but fingers crossed he can maintain his current form and let’s see what happens.
 

Wimbledon 2026

Certainly one you’ll remember for a long time, no doubt.

I remember watching him on TV play in the junior Wimbledon doubles tournament a few years ago and have casually followed his results since, but have only watched his matches (on TV) against Dimitrov and Cobolli this time around. I have been fascinated by his athleticism and his presence on court which have been very impressive and his self confidence to compete and play a wide range of shots at a high level.

He will have another huge challenge against Zverev, but fingers crossed he can maintain his current form and let’s see what happens.
Yeah he definitely looks good. And takes his chances too.

Not confident he'll beat the #2 seed however. If he takes a set of him then he'll be doing super well
 

Wimbledon 2026

Predictions
4 wins for the boys. Choinski, Fery Norrie and Tarvet.
3 wins for the girls. Boulter, Raducanu and Swan.

Some tough draws for both groups.
I’m going to claim partial responsibility for the Fery run given I predicted he’d get through his first round at least 😂😂
 

Wimbledon 2026

Great win from Muchova over Gauff
But what a nervy Final Set Tie Break

Could have been won by either
 

Wimbledon 2026

The thing I'm getting from the commentary so far is Zverev is very tall with a big serve. I've picked this up because they have mentioned it EVERY SINGLE POINT.
 

Wimbledon 2026

The thing I'm getting from the commentary so far is Zverev is very tall with a big serve. I've picked this up because they have mentioned it EVERY SINGLE POINT.

i chuckled. turn bbc on. by the time it came into focus the first point was an ace and the commentator was mentioning how good his serve was/all four corners etc.

:D
 

Wimbledon 2026

The thing I'm getting from the commentary so far is Zverev is very tall with a big serve. I've picked this up because they have mentioned it EVERY SINGLE POINT.
Yeah, looks that way too having just tuned in and watched him drill 3 aces to get 40-0 up.

Did Fery actually break his serve earlier?

Not sure my £5 on the first set winner is going to win NGL.
 

Wimbledon 2026

Yeah, looks that way too having just tuned in and watched him drill 3 aces to get 40-0 up.

Did Fery actually break his serve earlier?

Not sure my £5 on the first set winner is going to win NGL.
all good. gone to a tiebreak which is a result
 

Wimbledon 2026

Yeah, looks that way too having just tuned in and watched him drill 3 aces to get 40-0 up.

Did Fery actually break his serve earlier?

Not sure my £5 on the first set winner is going to win NGL.
lol

what a LOSER
 

Wimbledon 2026

and the ball kid is the drunk and useless brother in law
 

Wimbledon 2026

I think i would pretend to sprain my ankle now and sidle off stage left.
 

Wimbledon 2026

That “Let’s go, Arthur , let’s go” chant has to be the most toe curlingly cringe making one in all sport.🤮
 

Wimbledon 2026

they do it to other players all the time ,its well crap and American

i went to a london towers basketball game in about 1992 and they were singing it then too!!!
 

Wimbledon 2026

i went to a london towers basketball game in about 1992 and they were singing it then too!!!
I watched Britain against the Tall Blacks (New Zealand) at the copper box some years ago and thought it was the slowest most boring sport you could watch live even whilst drunk. Then I remember I went to watch goalball a few months prior and said in silence for two hours unable to sip my cans or eat my snacks
 

Wimbledon 2026

Tennis moved to BBC 2 now for rest of match
Maybe just a set
 

Wimbledon 2026

Reading a bit more about Fery son of a multi millionaire and part of the Wimbledon elite jet set no doubt exactly the kind of privileged character the LTA is there to support 😁.

Good on him had his moment in the spot light and took it 👍

Will he kick on to establish himself in the worlds top 50 over a number of years maybe but it will be tricky and challenging. However not having to worry about costs and wins paying a mortgage will help greatly
 

Wimbledon 2026

Of course coming from a wealthy background helps because of the inherent safety net if things don’t work out. However, it shouldn’t detract from the effort and dedication required to become elite at any chosen field. The money can only get you so far.
 

Wimbledon 2026

Sinner imperious again. Such power accuracy and athleticism - awesome
 
Back
Top Bottom