Not Happening Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Confirmation that a transfer is now dead and the thread will be locked.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Fourth window in a row he's been linked with a move away.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Very similar stats to Anthony last year whilst being 2 years younger. Not THAT much of a difference. I think some on here are slightly over egging Schade’s ability. I expect us to achieve considerably more than what we paid for Anthony but from the outside 40-50mil might seem excessive, especially given the contract situation. Without starting a back and forth, I would be pretty content with 35-40 million. I don’t expect the club to accept that mind
I don’t agree with that.

His stats are better, his stats are better over a longer period of time, and before his red card, he had a stonking first half of the season.

Unfortunately he then had a stinking second half, but Schade is class, imo. It’s rare to find a player with the potential attacking upside he has AND the willingness to do the dirty work in defense.

I think he’s similar to Martinelli in style and ability, just without as much experience, so could be a lot better.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I doubt many Italian club could get close to buying him at the moment.

My take on Kevin, is that as frustrating as he can be, I think there's a really good player in there. Some of his stats back the fact he gets in good positions, but just doesn't execute well. If we can nurture that & get him firing, then I think you've got a player on your hands who would terrify even the best defences.

I'd like us to take a calculated risk on Kevin and give him another season, with some real competition from Jayden Anthony to push him.
Think Duff might also be able to fine tune him a bit more…as he played a similar role without the same physical presence as Schade. He might help KS improve his overall output…fine margins and KS chips in 15-20 a season.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

interesting isn’t it, the reaction of fans when a player doesn’t disrespect the club in order to find a move-
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

interesting isn’t it, the reaction of fans when a player doesn’t disrespect the club in order to find a move-
0-blistering in no time at all is the scary part for our opposition and the exhilarating part for me.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

As much as he frustrated me last season, id think we would be foolish not to see if he can live up to his potential.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I also suspect that those who are so ardently confident that he has nothing at all to offer, do so because they know what he's capable of. If they didn't think he was capable, they'd say so and be done with it.

Jaidon coming in may also benefit Kev too, just jolting something in him or giving greater possiblity to see him deployed up top at times
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I also suspect that those who are so ardently confident that he has nothing at all to offer, do so because they know what he's capable of. If they didn't think he was capable, they'd say so and be done with it.

Jaidon coming in may also benefit Kev too, just jolting something in him or giving greater possiblity to see him deployed up top at times
Yes, although my opinion might change if we were talking stupid Wissa type money.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

As much as he frustrated me last season, id think we would be foolish not to see if he can live up to his potential.
Is he worth £30m to us for his services for just one season though? That's the possible loss in value between a sale now and one next year when he has just 12 months left on his contract. He'd need to score and create an awful lot of goals to make up that kind of money.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Is he worth £30m to us for his services for just one season though? That's the possible loss in value between a sale now and one next year when he has just 12 months left on his contract. He'd need to score and create an awful lot of goals to make up that kind of money.
I see your point but someone has to make us an acceptable offer for him and I don’t see a massive queue of teams wanting or able to do so.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Is he worth £30m to us for his services for just one season though? That's the possible loss in value between a sale now and one next year when he has just 12 months left on his contract. He'd need to score and create an awful lot of goals to make up that kind of money.
I'm not sure I agree! The state of the market these days (Rodgers being £1117m, Anthony Gordon being £70 million etc), I am not sure Kevin would even have to be extra special to be worth the £30m. What that of course doesn't take account of is all the good work Brentford could do with the money. I hope he stays though. Imagine the pressing next season throughout the team with the likes of Thiago, Kayode, Sangare if it happens
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Genuinely think he has all the raw attributes to go furthest of the squad. It’s just whether he manages to fully harness them.

If he goes, I’d want to see a replacement.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I'm not sure I agree! The state of the market these days (Rodgers being £1117m, Anthony Gordon being £70 million etc), I am not sure Kevin would even have to be extra special to be worth the £30m. What that of course doesn't take account of is all the good work Brentford could do with the money. I hope he stays though. Imagine the pressing next season throughout the team with the likes of Thiago, Kayode, Sangare if it happens
Bloody hell a Billion pounds!
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Genuinely think he has all the raw attributes to go furthest of the squad. It’s just whether he manages to fully harness them.

If he goes, I’d want to see a replacement.
He reminds me of Timo Werner. Timo had raw pace and scored plenty in Germany but came to the PL and got found out technically. I suspect Schade would score plenty in Germany too.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Is he worth £30m to us for his services for just one season though? That's the possible loss in value between a sale now and one next year when he has just 12 months left on his contract. He'd need to score and create an awful lot of goals to make up that kind of money.
But his goals, assists and general team play could help us to a Champions League place … “it’s all about ifs and buts, Brian”
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

0-blistering in no time at all is the scary part for our opposition and the exhilarating part for me.
When does they ever actually happen before the ref blows for a foul or Shade falls over ? The speed thing has never really materialised and I suspect he'll go this window.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Genuinely think he has all the raw attributes to go furthest of the squad. It’s just whether he manages to fully harness them.

If he goes, I’d want to see a replacement.
No, that's Kayode or the new Malian you're talking about.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

When does they ever actually happen before the ref blows for a foul or Shade falls over ? The speed thing has never really materialised and I suspect he'll go this window.
I think of Hogan that Championship season okay slightly different but he found a way to burst in behind the opposition for whatever reason we aren't getting the same from Schade his raw pace means he should be getting in behind the opposition far more. So is that him? Lack of positional awareness? First touch when he does get behind? Or are we as a team not setting up to maximise his raw pace.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I'd love Schade to stay but I think we all know that's unlikely given his contract situation. Its therefore probably best if he goes sooner rather than later so we have a realistic chance to get his replacement in before the window slams shut in our face. We don't want to be in the same position as we were last year with Wissa.

We offered him a contract last season ad he said no, those who are lightly more ITK suggested he wil be off. I am sure Anthony is his replacement as we knew he was going. Now we await the price to be met, if it isn't, we have him for another 6 months or a whole season.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Genuinely think he has all the raw attributes to go furthest of the squad. It’s just whether he manages to fully harness them.

If he goes, I’d want to see a replacement.

I don't, not even close.

I think he is good at what he is good at; work rate, brilliant in the air, great pace, the best defensive work from any winger I can remember, and that was good enough for us to offer a new contract. But his first touch is gash, his dribbling can be horrible, and his finishing is generally poor.

In an age when any 6 year old down the park can kill a ball stone dead that drops out of the sky, I don't think a nearly 25 year old pro, who plays 7 hours a day, is suddenly going to develop a great first touch and become a cool finisher. (I know he has scored some nice goals, but in general when he is clean through or about to pull a cross back I am watching though my fingers). I think people like him and we want to keep him for the good stuff he does, rather than in hope he is going to improve the stuff he is crap at, and that is no bad thing.

But I think Dango has the full package, he is just raw, I also think Thiago has a lot more to come and Furo is a kid who has the highest ceiling with Donavan. And we aren't even talking about all the young defenders.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I think there's a lot more potential with Schade, it may be the system we've played due to not having a dominant no6 and allowing the creative players like Jenson and Damsgard to pick those match winning passes, let's not forget Brian took time to flourish and look at him now, I say we stick with Schade and given we might actually have some subs that can rotate in wide positions it might be the making of him 🤞
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I think there's a lot more potential with Schade, it may be the system we've played due to not having a dominant no6 and allowing the creative players like Jenson and Damsgard to pick those match winning passes, let's not forget Brian took time to flourish and look at him now, I say we stick with Schade and given we might actually have some subs that can rotate in wide positions it might be the making of him 🤞
The player will have the biggest say in whether we stick with him.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I think there's a lot more potential with Schade, it may be the system we've played due to not having a dominant no6 and allowing the creative players like Jenson and Damsgard to pick those match winning passes, let's not forget Brian took time to flourish and look at him now, I say we stick with Schade and given we might actually have some subs that can rotate in wide positions it might be the making of him 🤞
If this was 18 months ago I’d agree with you. Truth is he’s been with us 3 and a half years and is still seen as “potential”….. not sure he’s advanced in the last 12 months.

Would be happy for him to stay as I still think he offers a lot to the forward line (and defensive duties) but if a good fee was on the table and we felt we had a replacement ready to sign I’d be up for the move.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

He reminds me of Timo Werner. Timo had raw pace and scored plenty in Germany but came to the PL and got found out technically. I suspect Schade would score plenty in Germany too.
And how much did Werner go for? Please remind me.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I think of Hogan that Championship season okay slightly different but he found a way to burst in behind the opposition for whatever reason we aren't getting the same from Schade his raw pace means he should be getting in behind the opposition far more. So is that him? Lack of positional awareness? First touch when he does get behind? Or are we as a team not setting up to maximise his raw pace.
Especially after the start he had to the season, teams were doubling up. He found himself against 2 players, one covering the outside and one the inside. So he often did the sensible thing and play it back.

I think 99% of the criticism is a fundamental misunderstanding of modern football tactics, systems, and the value of not taking on low chance opportunities.

The same goes for the “we need a goal scoring midfielder” talk…

Kevin has shown, albeit in patches, that he has the ability to pop up in the right spot, to create and to score, and his work covering his FB is superb.

And as we build our team out and opposition need to cover runs from midfield, dango popping up in dangerous spots, and overlapping fbs, Kevin will find more time and space. And watch what he does with it.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

If this was 18 months ago I’d agree with you. Truth is he’s been with us 3 and a half years and is still seen as “potential”….. not sure he’s advanced in the last 12 months.

Would be happy for him to stay as I still think he offers a lot to the forward line (and defensive duties) but if a good fee was on the table and we felt we had a replacement ready to sign I’d be up for the move.
I agree. He actually seems to have regressed in the past 12 months. No doubt, that was partly due to Bryan and Wissa leaving, but as the established forward, he needed to step up and didn't. His poor first touch and finishing aren't going to get any better. His body language and propensity to go to ground haven't helped either. I agree with others that state that his pace has also not been utilised well enough.

I'm really not sure what ££££ Phil would be prepared to accept. £40m? Unless he has a super season with us, we are unlikely to get more than £30m next summer. Very much 'what might have been' for me, Clive.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

He reminds me of Timo Werner. Timo had raw pace and scored plenty in Germany but came to the PL and got found out technically. I suspect Schade would score plenty in Germany too.
Was Timo Werner the one that was scared of loud noises?
Surprised he didnt do better at Chelsea, its silent there
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

This thread’s turned into a self-counselling outpouring…
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

But

we also have potter
With a new left back coming in from the hammers he will be free to play on the wing.
Lyall (Sky sports) claimed we were looking for both a CM and another LW as priorities. He confirmed that Anthony was not the LW in question, and that he has been brought in to provide some competition on both sides.

Edit: that's to say we probably either expect Schade to go, want an improved player for his position, or both.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Lyall (Sky sports) claimed we were looking for both a CM and another LW as priorities. He confirmed that Anthony was not the LW in question, and that he has been brought in to provide some competition on both sides.
That sounds perfect to me.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Lyall (Sky sports) claimed we were looking for both a CM and another LW as priorities. He confirmed that Anthony was not the LW in question, and that he has been brought in to provide some competition on both sides.

Edit: that's to say we probably either expect Schade to go, want an improved player for his position, or both.
I suspect it was Anthony or another LW if Schade isn't sold - and that we'll only bring in a new LW for big bucks if Schade does move on.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

He actually seems to have regressed in the past 12 months.
Really? I agree he had a disappointing second half of the season compared to 24/25 but did really well up until the Villa game. Even then his workate never dropped.
On those grounds you could also say that Damsgaard regressed. Or Thiago. How about Henderson and Yarmo? Kelleher had a couple of poor games at the end of the season too. Did they all regress, or just go through a bad patch.

Players aren't machines - they go in and out of form. They suffer from pressure and fatigue. Where we didn't help him as a club was that we didn't have anyone who could step in and take the pressure off for a few games. Nelson was injured most of the time and KLP playing at LB so when his form dropped he still had to start almost every game.

I'm not saying Schade is the answer to all our questions, but he should be judged on the same basis as the rest of the team and not be singled out for additional criticism because some fans don't think he smiles enough.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

and that we'll only bring in a new LW for big bucks if Schade does move on.
I suspect it's the other way around - we'll only move Schade on if we can bring in a new LW for big bucks.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I suspect it was Anthony or another LW if Schade isn't sold - and that we'll only bring in a new LW for big bucks if Schade does move on.
He didn't specifically clarify whether Schade played a role in any of it (possibly because this rumour wasn't around at that point) but I did ask him to clarify if we still wanted a LW after Anthony and he said yes because Anthony can play both sides.

At the time I assumed the idea was that we'd have both Anthony and some mystery LW come in and provide wing depth on both sides. But you could be right as well.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Really? I agree he had a disappointing second half of the season compared to 24/25 but did really well up until the Villa game. Even then his workate never dropped.
On those grounds you could also say that Damsgaard regressed. Or Thiago. How about Henderson and Yarmo? Kelleher had a couple of poor games at the end of the season too. Did they all regress, or just go through a bad patch.

Players aren't machines - they go in and out of form. They suffer from pressure and fatigue. Where we didn't help him as a club was that we didn't have anyone who could step in and take the pressure off for a few games. Nelson was injured most of the time and KLP playing at LB so when his form dropped he still had to start almost every game.

I'm not saying Schade is the answer to all our questions, but he should be judged on the same basis as the rest of the team and not be singled out for additional criticism because some fans don't think he smiles enough.
Yes, really.

Yes, some of the other players you mentioned had some sustained periods of underachievement, but I gave my opinion on Schade, as this is his thread.

Of course players drift in and out of form. He seemed more off it than on for the season as a whole - my reason was the absence of his two previous buddies up front, rather than him needing to be given a break (or dropped). I would have thought Schade would have been keen to start every game. Clearly he is a confidence player and this affects his performance.

I am hoping with a strengthened midfield and another forward in, we might see a really strong start to the season for him, as I don't see our value being met on last season's form.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

When does they ever actually happen before the ref blows for a foul or Shade falls over ? The speed thing has never really materialised and I suspect he'll go this window.
In fairness to you, this is a far more reasoned argument for letting him move on than the gibberish you spouted just one hour later about Thiago. Had the Angel Dust not kicked in yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom