Signed Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Define biggest? If you mean largest, yes. If by biggest you man we are laying down a marker that we are a club with high ambition that can get the big players, likely. If you mean "most important" too soon to sell. I've heard others explain signing Pontus was a really huge moment in the clubs story.
Definitely too soon to sell, we’ve only just bought him
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Not really “breaking” when it’s been reported elsewhere, and in theory wrong if he’s already had his medical.
Yeah was just posting what they said.

As long as it's done and he's signed, who cares! I imagine it's cheesy video shooting day next
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Everyone seemingly getting very exited over this transfer.... Maybe totally justified.
But, does anyone know what he's really like...
Personally I've never heard of him, so can someone say what he's really like... OR... is he any good?
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Everyone seemingly getting very exited over this transfer.... Maybe totally justified.
But, does anyone know what he's really like...
Personally I've never heard of him, so can someone say what he's really like... OR... is he any good?
Everyone send surprised we could land him, which says a lot. Appears to have had a blinder of a game in the coupe de France final versus psg. From highlight clips (imperfect of course) he reminds me of kayode in some ways - lanky, cheeky, aggressive. Looks like he has a decent outside the box shot in him.
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Everyone seemingly getting very exited over this transfer.... Maybe totally justified.
But, does anyone know what he's really like...
Personally I've never heard of him, so can someone say what he's really like... OR... is he any good?
Hadn’t heard of him much before this week either! The noise around him however seems super exciting, linked with “top 6” clubs and sounds like Sage would have liked him at palace. Was also named in Ligue 1 team of the season over the likes of Neves and Bouaddi, on top of that was Lens most expensive signing last summer and they ended up 2nd. Feels like a huge statement of intent to upgrade the mid by PG!
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

L’Équipe (who probably know best) list him as 1,81m which concerts to 5’ 11”.
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Hadn’t heard of him much before this week either! The noise around him however seems super exciting, linked with “top 6” clubs and sounds like Sage would have liked him at palace. Was also named in Ligue 1 team of the season over the likes of Neves and Bouaddi, on top of that was Lens most expensive signing last summer and they ended up 2nd. Feels like a huge statement of intent to upgrade the mid by PG!
I think I also saw that he won the Marc-Vivien Foé award which is given to the best African player in ligue 1 each season. Last year’s winner was Achraf Hakimi…
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

I would be very surprised if anyone replaced Yarmo in our starting XI, personally. Can't see any reason we couldn't play them together with Dams ahead of them as the midfield 3.
I would personally like to come away from the 4231 formation and actually play a more 4141 formation, with 2 more forward thinking midfielders.

When you saw england play, the 2 holding midfielders we looked dull, we looked poor. But when we had to move to 2 attacking CMs we looked far more dangerous.
Yes that potentially may leave us exposed against the far stronger teams and therefore we could drop back to older formation but I genuinely think we have the attacking threat to play 1 forward, 2 wingers and 2 more attack minded CMs(AMs).
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

I would personally like to come away from the 4231 formation and actually play a more 4141 formation, with 2 more forward thinking midfielders.

When you saw england play, the 2 holding midfielders we looked dull, we looked poor. But when we had to move to 2 attacking CMs we looked far more dangerous.
Yes that potentially may leave us exposed against the far stronger teams and therefore we could drop back to older formation but I genuinely think we have the attacking threat to play 1 forward, 2 wingers and 2 more attack minded CMs(AMs).
I'd like to play 4-4-f***ing-2. O'Mara Cross, Philips McCullock, Blisset Holdsworth. Score goals, win games, get promoted.....sorry I've just had a funny turn. Time for the pills......
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

I would personally like to come away from the 4231 formation and actually play a more 4141 formation, with 2 more forward thinking midfielders.

When you saw england play, the 2 holding midfielders we looked dull, we looked poor. But when we had to move to 2 attacking CMs we looked far more dangerous.
Yes that potentially may leave us exposed against the far stronger teams and therefore we could drop back to older formation but I genuinely think we have the attacking threat to play 1 forward, 2 wingers and 2 more attack minded CMs(AMs).
What is so exciting about this guy is that he looks like he has all the defensive attributes of a very good 6 combined with the progressive characteristics of an 8. I think our midfield becomes so much less predictable with someone like that in the centre of the park; someone who can sit deeper when we need that and then push forward when the time is right. Personally I think this is exactly the type of player we have been crying out for since we got promoted and will take our game up a level or two. Yes I am writing this without having seen him play a game in the flesh, but you don't get the kind of write-ups he is getting without being a very, very good player.
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

Lets not pile the pressure and expectation on him from the off,he will have to come to terms with a new team,tactics and the step up to the EPL.
I agree to an extent but if you are being sold for a club record fee of €48m (and the package that probably comes with that) then I think it's also fair that people's expectations are high. He won't be coming to Brentford for a holiday.
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

I agree to an extent but if you are being sold for a club record fee of €48m (and the package that probably comes with that) then I think it's also fair that people's expectations are high. He won't be coming to Brentford for a holiday.
Yea i get it mate it's just that he isn't costing much more than Dango and people expected far too much of him last season.
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

I agree to an extent but if you are being sold for a club record fee of €48m (and the package that probably comes with that) then I think it's also fair that people's expectations are high. He won't be coming to Brentford for a holiday.
The fee could be a billion quid and it will still mean the lad may may need time to adjust a bit. Agree that there will be an expectation that he will produce pretty quickly but the Premier League is a different beast from Ligue 1
 

Mamadou Sangaré (Mid, Lens, 24)

The fee could be a billion quid and it will still mean the lad may may need time to adjust a bit. Agree that there will be an expectation that he will produce pretty quickly but the Premier League is a different beast from Ligue 1
I think both things can be true - it's justified for people to have high expectations but it may also take time for him to adapt.

Either way I am way too excited for this one...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom