Pre-Match Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I know there might be some twist and turns in the next three weeks but I couldn't wait any longer :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember being this excited for the season to start for a while. Obviously first promotion season.

Same here. Again today - everyday, I find myself looking at the squad list and trying to see a weakness. I can’t.
If we can stay reasonable fit, the players promoted, the injured coming back, and of course the new joiners. It’s incredible. We have some real gems. If a few hit the ground running 😎.

For me it’s why I’m so excited.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Same here. Again today - everyday, I find myself looking at the squad list and trying to see a weakness. I can’t.
If we can stay reasonable fit, the players promoted, the injured coming back, and of course the new joiners. It’s incredible. We have some real gems. If a few hit the ground running 😎.

For me it’s why I’m so excited.
With a fit da silva, carvalho, Milambo & Nunes we really do have so much depth. Will be interesting to see who doesn’t make the gameweek squad. Some good players are going to miss out.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

With a fit da silva, carvalho, Milambo & Nunes we really do have so much depth. Will be interesting to see who doesn’t make the gameweek squad. Some good players are going to miss out.

It’s what Keith is paid for. How to keep all happy.
We need to try and go as deep as possible in all comps to get all game time.
The options he will have to change the game, formation, using 4 or 5 subs each game. Think last season we kept the same 11 on the pitch at times.

It’s a 16 player game, it’s a bigger game day squad, with an even bigger squad to choose these from. It’s keeps on getting better and better.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I know there might be some twist and turns in the next three weeks but I couldn't wait any longer :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember being this excited for the season to start for a while. Obviously first promotion season.
Good time for this thread. Reckon our first team business is done (certainly incomings).

Kelleher
Kayode Collins Ajer Rico
Sangare Yarmo Dams
Ouattara Thiago Schade

A comprehensive home win and that cock De Zerbi can go forth and multiply.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Good time for this thread. Reckon our first team business is done (certainly incomings).

Kelleher
Kayode Collins Ajer Rico
Sangare Yarmo Dams
Ouattara Thiago Schade

A comprehensive home win and that cock De Zerbi can go forth and multiply.
Still think we’ll push for another wide forward
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Good time for this thread. Reckon our first team business is done (certainly incomings).

Kelleher
Kayode Collins Ajer Rico
Sangare Yarmo Dams
Ouattara Thiago Schade

A comprehensive home win and that cock De Zerbi can go forth and multiply.

Two things.
Rico is, will be an important player over the season but I just feel he may not start the opening game. He’s just not had a lot of football so unless he gets a lot of pre season game time feel it could be AH or KLP.

More importantly, just look at the list of players that are not in your 11. It’s mental, I would want to be responsible to make these choices.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

More importantly, just look at the list of players that are not in your 11. It’s mental, I would want to be responsible to make these choices.
Indeed. Out squad last season was very strong but at the moment the bench could include:

Valdimarsson
Hickey
KLP
Pinnock
Schuster
Jensen
Janelt
JDS
Carvalho
Milambo
Anthony
Wilson

Plus SvdB to come back and that doesn’t even allow space for some of the above plus Fredrick, Arthur, Konak etc.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Indeed. Out squad last season was very strong but at the moment the bench could include:

Valdimarsson
Hickey
KLP
Pinnock
Schuster
Jensen
Janelt
JDS
Carvalho
Milambo
Anthony
Wilson

Plus SvdB to come back and that doesn’t even allow space for some of the above plus Fredrick, Arthur, Konak etc.
semi time ............
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Indeed. Out squad last season was very strong but at the moment the bench could include:

Valdimarsson
Hickey
KLP
Pinnock
Schuster
Jensen
Janelt
JDS
Carvalho
Milambo
Anthony
Wilson

Plus SvdB to come back and that doesn’t even allow space for some of the above plus Fredrick, Arthur, Konak etc.
Stating the obvious, but Valdi, Schuster and Milambo aside, all have been premier league first choices at one time or another.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Indeed. Out squad last season was very strong but at the moment the bench could include:

Valdimarsson
Hickey
KLP
Pinnock
Schuster
Jensen
Janelt
JDS
Carvalho
Milambo
Anthony
Wilson

Plus SvdB to come back and that doesn’t even allow space for some of the above plust Fredrick, Arthur, Konak etc.
I think a few players above may push to start, KLP, Hickey, Anthony. Depends on pre season training etc.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Really cant understand why every post on our ideal line up, in this thread and others, excludes Matti Jensen

He was by far and away our best creative outlet last season......Dams had a realtively disappointing season (for him) and I do hope he recovers his form as he can be really exciting and is on a long contract. But surely based on last season, it is Jensen's shirt to lose?
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Dams had a realtively disappointing season (for him) and I do hope he recovers his form as he can be really exciting and is on a long contract

So Damsgaard was poor to begin with, then he came good, and now he is disappointing again ?

I don’t buy into any of this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I wonder if the “scar” of opening day 2025 will come into Keith’s mind and he go with a known/safe midfield combo rather than play Sangaré from the start, I suppose it depends of drills and performance in the next three weeks to see who blends well with each other and we have to hope for no surprises the week of the game. Are there are any wives and/or girlfriends due to give birth mid season who will disrupt us 😀
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Whilst there will be a few injuries and knocks in the coming three weeks if safe to say that with the exception of toro or three positions we think we know our strongest 11. But KA may have different ideas on the formation or style.

But I’ll go on record that at least in theory the midfield three of Yarmo, Sangare and Dams seems insane, and would not look out of place in one of the top 4 or 5 teams.

But then again, are we that far behind fifth?
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I think just prior to the game there might be some ‘planted’ and false stories of a massive Spurs bid for Thiago just to unsettle things.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

But I’ll go on record that at least in theory the midfield three of Yarmo, Sangare and Dams seems insane, and would not look out of place in one of the top 4 or 5 teams.
When I first read your post I thought you meant “insane”. But reading it again I see you meant “insane”. I concur it is indeed an “insane” midfield 3 😍.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I think just prior to the game there might be some ‘planted’ and false stories of a massive Spurs bid for Thiago just to unsettle things.
I think those ‘rumours’ unsettle the fans more than players. Our players have full trust in the Club’s football management and a short word or two in the player’s ear from Phil would make it go away… even if he noticed it in the first place.

Anyway, I’m sure Keith will select the best starting XI for his game-plan knowing Spurs players, whoever they turn out to be, will be well up for it and want to start like a whirlwind. Our advantage will be continuity and consistency… with the fans right behind them, especially after Kevin scores our first goal.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Really cant understand why every post on our ideal line up, in this thread and others, excludes Matti Jensen

He was by far and away our best creative outlet last season......Dams had a realtively disappointing season (for him) and I do hope he recovers his form as he can be really exciting and is on a long contract. But surely based on last season, it is Jensen's shirt to lose?
Jensen is obviously good enough to start, as are several others who'll be on the bench. But Damsgaard, at his best, is on another level. There was a long spell in the 24-25 season when I was returning virtually every week from matches and voting him MOTM.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

5382.jpgId be very interested to see how this team would do next season. With our depth now, it gives Keith some big options off the bench if anything here isn't working. I watched some of the Spurs Vs Chelsea game and spurs were good in midfield. If I'm to believe the highlight reels and what I've heard, Sangare is the ideal counter to that. Janelt was probably our best midfielder when he was fit last season so he would be my preferred left CDM. Strong double pivot.
This is quite an impressive looking squad we've built now, it's got so many more options than a few years ago.


Just an edit, but I think the arrival of a top quality CDM is exactly what Damsgaard needs to go forward more. His talent is wasted pressing and trying to make up for the lack of ball winning ability in midfield. If Sangare can get us on the ball more, I think Dams is going to reap the rewards.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I wonder if the “scar” of opening day 2025 will come into Keith’s mind and he go with a known/safe midfield combo rather than play Sangaré from the start, I suppose it depends of drills and performance in the next three weeks to see who blends well with each other and we have to hope for no surprises the week of the game. Are there are any wives and/or girlfriends due to give birth mid season who will disrupt us 😀
Now I have to read up on Sangaré. Looks very good so far.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Good time for this thread. Reckon our first team business is done (certainly incomings).

Kelleher
Kayode Collins Ajer Rico
Sangare Yarmo Dams
Ouattara Thiago Schade

A comprehensive home win and that cock De Zerbi can go forth and multiply.
I can’t see sangare starting unless he tears up pre season. More likely janelt with Jensen and Sangare used from bench. Left back anyone’s guess but suspect will be Rico.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I can’t see sangare starting unless he tears up pre season. More likely janelt with Jensen and Sangare used from bench. Left back anyone’s guess but suspect will be Rico.
We should start our best 11...I think he's easily on it. No point playing at a disadvantage of your own choosing. If he's looking a bit awkward he can be subbed off but id rather not be 2-0 down when they decide to bring him on to change things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ash

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

… when he’s adapted to our style of play. I think he’ll be eased in the games before the international break.
Let's see how he does over the next couple of weeks or so
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Keith started Dango just a few days after he signed vs Villa last season and he scored in about 10 minutes. Sangare has already played 2 friendlies with Lens, and now has 3 weeks worth of training + 2 potential friendlies with us before the Spurs game. I’d be amazed if he isn’t one of the first names on the team sheet for our season opener.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Keith started Dango just a few days after he signed vs Villa last season and he scored in about 10 minutes. Sangare has already played 2 friendlies with Lens, and now has 3 weeks worth of training + 2 potential friendlies with us before the Spurs game. I’d be amazed if he isn’t one of the first names on the team sheet for our season opener.
That was one of the first encouraging signs he would be a decent coach I felt.
As much as I miss Thomas, it was frustrating watching us struggling for 80 minutes in a game very late in the season before he decided to first use Kayode. Sometimes you need to ditch the pragmatism and realize the quality you've got available.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

You’re joking. First on the team sheet.
If fit, I'm sure he'll start. But while he must be a very exciting signing, and with good reason, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it still took him a few months to adjust properly to PL football. So that he might find himself being subbed after 60 mins, say, or sitting on the bench after playing 3 games in 8 days etc.

Either way, you can be sure that record signing or no, of all clubs, Brentford won't overload him from the very start. They'll also be thinking of what he can do from next season and beyond, with a view to doubling their money after season 3 or 4 etc.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I would not be at all surprised to see Sangare on the bench for the first game or two, Benrahma and Mbeumo amongst others were eased in from the bench in their first few games, and Janelt and Yarmoliuk are more than capable.
I think it's a bit of an insult to the team we've built to call him the "first name on the teamsheet" two days after signing :sueme:I do not doubt he will become an important player.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

If fit, I'm sure he'll start. But while he must be a very exciting signing, and with good reason, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it still took him a few months to adjust properly to PL football. So that he might find himself being subbed after 60 mins, say, or sitting on the bench after playing 3 games in 8 days etc.

Either way, you can be sure that record signing or no, of all clubs, Brentford won't overload him from the very start. They'll also be thinking of what he can do from next season and beyond, with a view to doubling their money after season 3 or 4 etc.
One of his strengths for Lens was his ability to play nearly every minute of every game he was involved in and keep his intensity level high. He had lots of comparisons from French fans to Kante for that reason. Easing in is necessary for some. Like Schuster who's a young prospect and spoke himself about the increase in physical load/gym training from him last team. Just can't see a situation where he's not ready to go from the first game unless he's carrying an injury.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

We should start our best 11... I think he's easily on it. No point playing at a disadvantage of your own choosing.
Yeah, man !!!!!!
I can see us picking all our best players, going with a 60’s style 2-3-5 and starting with:

Kelleher
Rico Kayode
Sangare Yarmo Vitaly
Ouattara Dams Thiago Schade Anthony

Frustrated that I couldn’t find space for Matty ☹️
Excellent ball control and good range of passing but feel he’s just a little short to play in goal.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Yeah, man !!!!!!
I can see us picking all our best players, going with a 60’s style 2-3-5 and starting with:

Kelleher
Rico Kayode
Sangare Yarmo Vitaly
Ouattara Dams Thiago Schade Anthony

Frustrated that I couldn’t find space for Matty ☹️
Excellent ball control and good range of passing but feel he’s just a little short to play in goal.
Gelson in for Yarmo or it's a bit suicidal !!
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

I can’t see sangare starting unless he tears up pre season. More likely janelt with Jensen and Sangare used from bench. Left back anyone’s guess but suspect will be Rico.
He'll definitely start. He's got most of pre-season to be integrated.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

Two things.
Rico is, will be an important player over the season but I just feel he may not start the opening game. He’s just not had a lot of football so unless he gets a lot of pre season game time feel it could be AH or KLP.

More importantly, just look at the list of players that are not in your 11. It’s mental, I would want to be responsible to make these choices.

None of the players have had any football lately except the world cup players, and Rico has had the full pre season a few haven't.
 

Tottenham (H) Sat 22nd August

None of the players have had any football lately except the world cup players, and Rico has had the full pre season a few haven't.
I was thinking longer term than that. He's missed a lot of the last 2+ years, unfortunately pulling up with a pull, just as he was getting his full mojo back again last season.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom