Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I’ve never been a fan particularly of new managers returning to their former clubs to buy players. Sometimes it works but more often than not if the boss then leaves, you’re then stuck with players only here for them. It might work with the additions from Madrid.

But I do think Fulham will have a hard season ahead - predictions dangerous I know. But I don’t see what Arbeloa’s achieved to suggest he’ll be a steady hand
Garcia scored 8 goals last season in 1000 minutes which isn't a bad return imo . 6 of those were in la Liga. I think if we'd signed him we'd be pretty excited
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Garcia scored 8 goals last season in 1000 minutes which isn't a bad return imo . 6 of those were in la Liga. I think if we'd signed him we'd be pretty excited

He was playing for Real Madrid at the end of games. I don't think it means much tbh. His clips reel is meh.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

He was playing for Real Madrid at the end of games. I don't think it means much tbh. His clips reel is meh.
Existing Fulham recruitment team probably had no idea about these two players and the new manager probably had little idea about Charles. We wouldn't recruit that way
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I was referring to the incomings. They’d known Wilson was leaving for 12-18m, and Silva for a bit less(fewer). Neither gave a stuff about foolham. I don’t see what that’s got to do with the new bloke.
You just said good business, didn’t specify the incomings. Still dont think it looks good on paper though. Unproven commodities make up their entire signing class. I just don’t see where the goals are going to come from.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Garcia scored 8 goals last season in 1000 minutes which isn't a bad return imo . 6 of those were in la Liga. I think if we'd signed him we'd be pretty excited
Having looked him up, I do agree with you. His stats suggests Fulham fans may well have a reason to be excited.

But it’s hard to imagine that before Arbeloa joined on 7th July, they’d ever considered him.

Whilst I doubt Sangare harboured childhood dreams to play for us, with such competition for him, he will need to have been convinced by the club as a whole to sign, as opposed to only doing so because of the new boss in charge.

He could be a great signing of course, but it just adds greater jeopardy when he’s only there because of the boss, who himself has only been there a month
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

You just said good business, didn’t specify the incomings. Still dont think it looks good on paper though. Unproven commodities make up their entire signing class. I just don’t see where the goals are going to come from.

We could well do without the term "signing class" thank you very much 🤣🤣
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Allegedly he’s on £110k/week at Palace, which may explain the rather weird-looking straight swap deal with McNeill 😱
Pretty much a free transfer for Everton so I suppose they can stomach the wages if need be. Could end up a decent signing but I'd be concerned about being bombed out of two clubs within 6/7 months
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Pretty much a free transfer for Everton so I suppose they can stomach the wages if need be. Could end up a decent signing but I'd be concerned about being bombed out of two clubs within 6/7 months
I doubt very much it’s a straight swap without some funds going Palace way
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I doubt very much it’s a straight swap without some funds going Palace way
I doubt the contracts would be linked by anything other than time. Palace bid for Dwight McNeil in the winter window but I think they’re also stuffed by SCR, so would want a positive financial outcome… maybe we’ll see ‘adjusted’ values for each player for the accounts.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I'd be concerned about being bombed out of two clubs within 6/7 months
Palace to Everton could be seen as a progressive move I guess but when a young player is shipped out randomly like he has been it usually indicates a problem.

In reality his career is going backwards, next stop Championship before too long
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Palace to Everton could be seen as a progressive move I guess but when a young player is shipped out randomly like he has been it usually indicates a problem.

In reality his career is going backwards, next stop Championship before too long
I’d say the problem is with Palace’s finances and they can get the player they wanted in January.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I’d say the problem is with Palace’s finances and they can get the player they wanted in January.
It ‘fell through’, whatever that means. McNeil obviously blamed Everton though, as he ended up not playing. Sounds keen to get this second chance at Palace.
Used to battling relegation with Burnley and Everton, so he’ll fit right in!
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Oh yes, almost certainly but i still think we'd get a tune out of him.
Johnson failed to score in 26 appearance for Palace in all competitions, including 13 starts in the Premier League.

He is finished! He will go the way of Sancho, Alli, et al.

Silly boy, should have come to us, but took short term money over long progress. Will still make money but will massively underachieve in his career. A bit like Mudryk, bullet dodged!
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Aka he had one really good game that inflates his goalscoring total for the whole season. If I’m scoring 2 hat tricks a year, and then I score no goals in the remaining 36 games, I’m not as good as the player who was able to score in 6 different games. That’s just my opinion, and I believe many others would share that sentiment.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Johnson failed to score in 26 appearance for Palace in all competitions, including 13 starts in the Premier League.

He is finished! He will go the way of Sancho, Alli, et al.

Silly boy, should have come to us, but took short term money over long progress. Will still make money but will massively underachieve in his career. A bit like Mudryk, bullet dodged!

I don't get this, does Johnson not play where Dibling does, who Everton signed for 40 million just a year ago ?
Benrahma
Maybe its time to make a cheaky bid for Dibling as he'e only going the same way under Moyes as Benrahma did and have all the unpredictable skill drilled out of him.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I don't get this, does Johnson not play where Dibling does, who Everton signed for 40 million just a year ago ?
Benrahma
Maybe its time to make a cheaky bid for Dibling as he'e only going the same way under Moyes as Benrahma did and have all the unpredictable skill drilled out of him.
We indulged Benrahma because as a Championship player, he was much better than most so highly effective and the other players were good enough to accommodate him. No way we'd do that in the Premier League, we need everyone doing their job. I think I recall at the time that Moyes didn't fancy him, probably for that reason.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Allegedly he’s on £110k/week at Palace, which may explain the rather weird-looking straight swap deal with McNeill 😱
It's the only thing that makes sense.

Palace reportedly paid £35m for him in January, McNeil certainly isn't worth that.

In fact, it was Palace who tried to sign him on loan in January with an option to buy at £20m when the deal fell through and his missus had a meltdown about how far she'd still have to travel to do her weekly shop at Harrods. his mental health.

Not sure if this is true but certain outlets are claiming Palace had clear the air talks with his pram-faced gf before finalising this swap deal. Must be a first.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

According to The Grauniad, Man City are "closing in on signing Ayyoub Bouaddi, 18, from Lille who value the Morocco midfielder at 100m euros (£85m)"

I would never gainsay City's scouting credentials, but even if he goes for less, and it includes a lot of add-ons, that seems an awful lot of money for someone with this kid's C.V.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Sweden’s top scorer, Robbie Ure, is joining Sevilla from I K Sirius for £5.5m. +adds. If he can repeat his goal scoring there, he should become a shoe in for Scotland. (22yo and ex-Rangers. He also qualifies for Ukraine via GP).
It remains to be seen whether I K Sirius will still win the league without him.

BBC
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Rumours of Balogun to Spurs for €60m. That's a terrible deal isn't it? No way is that happening if there hadn't have been a world cup this summer
I thought the days of buying players after a couple of good WC games was over . Although nearly a goal every other game in France isn't a bad record tbf
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

It’s mildly amusing that this thread has much more going on than even a week ago while our own thread is now almost dormant.

Phil with his phone on silent relaxing with a cigar…
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

It’s mildly amusing that this thread has much more going on than even a week ago while our own thread is now almost dormant.

Phil with his phone on silent relaxing with a cigar…
It’s that time of the window when we can have a look around - and then quietly snigger, until the serious stuff gets going.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

With the Arse, Spurs, saying they are not done. City linked with a couple of expensive youngsters. Liverpool seems a bit lost but seem to want to spend. United linked with anyone that has ever looked at a football. Then god knows what that blue lot up the road will do. Not forgetting Villa and Newcastle who must be able to spend after sales. Also Forest after selling Anderson.

Think it could break the records, be very, very, entertaining, have a little trickled down effect and present an opportunity or two, selling or buying. Who knows ?

The only thing that is certain is we wont get our knickers in a twist as other seem to be doing already.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Why does he want to leave or why do Spurs not want him 🤷
I suspect that the new regime at Spurs don't want him. Which, with the World Cup showing that he certainly doesn't want for talent, suggests that they may finally be beginning to apply a "No Dickheads" policy? Romero's another one.

If so, Thomas Frank must be sighing deeply that the previous lot in charge never got round to it earlier.
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I suspect that the new regime at Spurs don't want him. Which, with the World Cup showing that he certainly doesn't want for talent, suggests that they may finally be beginning to apply a "No Dickheads" policy? Romero's another one.

If so, Thomas Frank must be sighing deeply that the previous lot in charge never got round to it earlier.
The manager passed the no dickhead rule then ? Must be like the 11 +
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Well, if he’s off to Italy he might learn how to defend a bit. Could benefit England if we will insist on picking him.
They probably aren't as picky about time keeping over there either.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: SH

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

I think to succeed over there he definitely needs to sort him self out unless he already has
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

There’s no way spurs don’t improve with that fella gone
Whilst I think we all would find another relegation battle thoroughly amusing, there’s little chance they won’t be fighting for Europe.
They’ve transformed the midfield and with players returning too will pose a different threat this season. Though I’m hoping our opener will come too early for them to have sorted themselves out yet
 

Summer 2026 Transfer Window - Other Clubs

Barry Bannan back at Sheffield Wednesday.
Another one we missed out on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom