Mamadou Sangaré

Mamadou Sangaré

Hope the sub was for the booking rather than an injury. Not as effective as he was in the first 3 games but the whole team around him was poor and I don’t think that helped. He’ll be back in the first team next week
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Not sure, didn’t see him come out to sit on the bench for the second half…
 

Mamadou Sangaré

He was poor. But unlike Dango, he was simply off the pace. What worked for him the first two games didn't come off. Was just a bit too slow to the ball, the Sunderland players were quicker in action than he was.

No big deal, it's part of his adjustment. He will have games like that.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

He was poor. But unlike Dango, he was simply off the pace. What worked for him the first two games didn't come off. Was just a bit too slow to the ball, the Sunderland players were quicker in action than he was.

No big deal, it's part of his adjustment. He will have games like that.
Absolutely. Part of his learning curve. This is a completely different level to the Ligue 1 and it's going to take time to dominate every week.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

One of those games that reminds the dozen newspaper columnists championing how we won the transfer window that he will need time to adapt to different types of games. I’m not sure he will have seen much as intensive as Sunderland’s first half performance in Ligue 1. Solid choice to hook him, he’ll be better for it,
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Poor today, but take nothing away from Yarmo who reminded us what a good player he is.

He'll be back next week against muff and will probably score. I want to see more marauding runs like we did against Leeds, I think that's where he's going to be most dangerous.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Poor today, but take nothing away from Yarmo who reminded us what a good player he is.

He'll be back next week against muff and will probably score. I want to see more marauding runs like we did against Leeds, I think that's where he's going to be most dangerous.
Thought Mamadou was man marked today.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Yep, midfield was poor today, especially defensively. I don’t want to see us becoming too reliant on one player. ‘No Sanagré, No party’ - hope not.
No Jensen! Sorry, I know it’s the Sangaré thread, but the team’s not all about him!
 

Mamadou Sangaré

He has also gone from quiet transfer to being the centre of attention, mentioned everywhere, maybe he suddenly felt the pressure. As others have said, he will come good again no problem.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Already had a couple of mates get in touch regarding their FPL teams as they're worried he's now become a rotation risk. Can't believe I'm having to reassure a Spurs fan and a Gooner that he'll be quality this season and to not worry.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I think he came off because of the card and from what I could see, Yarmo played a little more right of centre than Sangare seemed to want to in the first half. I guess that was tactical to reduce the ball going out to their left so much, which seemed to work. Their 10 was much quieter in the second half probably down to that shift and the changes in our personnel on that side.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Already had a couple of mates get in touch regarding their FPL teams as they're worried he's now become a rotation risk. Can't believe I'm having to reassure a Spurs fan and a Gooner that he'll be quality this season and to not worry.
Yeah Palace fan at work put him in last week, shame lol
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Already had a couple of mates get in touch regarding their FPL teams as they're worried he's now become a rotation risk. Can't believe I'm having to reassure a Spurs fan and a Gooner that he'll be quality this season and to not worry.
You’re more patient than me. I had a mate get in touch about the exact same thing and I said “I couldn’t give a sh*t get a life.” Hearing about other people’s FPL second only to other people’s dreams IMO.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

You’re more patient than me. I had a mate get in touch about the exact same thing and I said “I couldn’t give a sh*t get a life.” Hearing about other people’s FPL second only to other people’s dreams IMO.
You probably don't want to hear that I'm in 2nd place in the GPG FPL league then mate. :LOL:
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I think you have to give credit to Sunderland, they did a job on us. Sangare just like several other players were unable to make an impact, get a foothold especially in the first half. I would say to him welcome to the PL, that is why its the best league in the world. Every game is hard in one way or another, and you face different problems from game to game. He would not have experienced that in France, but he will learn and come back stronger.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

they did a job on us
I had the impression that Danso was marking him. Nominally playing RCB but positioning quite a bit higher; he dropped deeper in the second half, although we pushed higher then.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Thoughts on the last few performances? Not as much zip and energy since the spurs game. I've seen him done a few times by other midfielders and then he tracks back like a machine and sort tackles them from behind without committing a foul. Some skill that.

Don't get me wrong, still doing well however. I'm excited to watch him vs Chelsea.
 

Mamadou Sangaré

I think the EPL presents challenges he hasn't had to adapt to previously.

I think he naturally favours the middle of the park more. In the first half of the Sunderland game he seemed unable to cope with them consistently playing the ball out to their right winger. YY coped better as he naturally operates more towards our right hand side preventing the easy passes Sunderland played in the first half.

He'll figure it out with the coaching staff and learn his positioning and our style. He has the raw ability so it is just adapting his style I think
 

Mamadou Sangaré

Another 90 today over in Liberia
 
Back
Top Bottom