Dango Ouattara

Dango Ouattara

Last season alot of the GPG was dominated by the constant discussion over Kev's application and his impact on games (or lack thereof). After the Leeds game I posted about the need to demand what his natural ability promises, and what a great start to the season he'd made.

It's ridiculously early, but perhaps a mere glimpse that more games like today may laed to Dango receiving the same scrutiny, and based on today, rightly so.

After the Leeds game, show KA you're indispensable. But again, it's one game. After all, he left Bournemouth to get more game time. So he of all people will be desperate to keep his place in the side.

@ApolloBeachTone posted earlier that whilst Jaidon may not necessarily have the blistering pace, the wow factor that Dnago has to terrorise fullbacks, so far there's already a consistency to his game.

We've seen players revert back to the bench and in the short bursts recapture form to start games again. Right now, I do think Dango might benefit from that.

People lauded him last season for winning penalties. Whilst that's a wonderful ability to have, it's not enough.
 

Dango Ouattara

It’s a shame because I thought he responded incredibly well to being dropped last week with a good performance off the bench, however the moment he wins his starting place back he puts in a half like that.

Very early days and I’m still very hopeful this could be a big season for him, however he may well have a much bigger fight to start games on his hands then initially anticipated.
 

Dango Ouattara

Anthony was better today when they swapped but last week the opposite was true. I still think Dango will keep his place but it's probably 50-50. Maybe it's time to try KLP wide right and give a chance to one of our two specialist LBs at LB.
 

Dango Ouattara

Still think muff pulled our pants down with the fee we paid for him. He wasn't a regular starter for them.

A year in to his career, and im still to be convinced.
As I recall we bought him in a hurry after Mbeumo left. I suppose those responsible thought it was worth paying out in the circumstances, but the amount paid looked odd at the time, and I think it's probably the only time I can think of recently where we've arguably overpaid for a player.

I'd start Anthony ahead of him right now, but he does have the ability to turn a game, even if he can be frustrating.
 

Dango Ouattara

Dango was no help to Kayode who was being given a hard time by Anglo. The game changed completely with the subs of Hickey and Anthony at half time and Angulo was subbed. Mind you his recovery from near death in the first half was remarkable. He lay prone for over half a minute when we broke away and then arose and ran without so much as a limp.
 

Dango Ouattara

It’s a shame because I thought he responded incredibly well to being dropped last week with a good performance off the bench, however the moment he wins his starting place back he puts in a half like that.

Very early days and I’m still very hopeful this could be a big season for him, however he may well have a much bigger fight to start games on his hands then initially anticipated.
I'm with you Toxic, I thought his reaction to being dropped was brilliant.

The way I rate a player in my head is "would I like to see him play for the opposition".

I'm on the fence, if he was starting for Bournemouth next week would I see him as a huge threat? Honestly probably not at the moment. We need more from him.

For me, Anthony comes back in v Muff.
 

Dango Ouattara

As I recall we bought him in a hurry after Mbeumo left. I suppose those responsible thought it was worth paying out in the circumstances, but the amount paid looked odd at the time, and I think it's probably the only time I can think of recently where we've arguably overpaid for a player.

I'd start Anthony ahead of him right now, but he does have the ability to turn a game, even if he can be frustrating.
I doubt we bought him “in a hurry”. He would’ve long been identified as a successor to Mbuemo.

He’s hugely talented and his ceiling is very high but I’d be inclined to go with JA next week.
 

Dango Ouattara

Anthony was better today when they swapped but last week the opposite was true. I still think Dango will keep his place but it's probably 50-50. Maybe it's time to try KLP wide right and give a chance to one of our two specialist LBs at LB.
I thought that might have been a sub yesterday. MD on and KLP moved forward.
 

Dango Ouattara

When we bought him I think I recall the Bournemouth fans saying he's absolutely brilliant for a couple of games, then drops right off for a while then bounces back. It's in his head. I'm sure our backroom boys will get sorted.
 

Dango Ouattara

As I recall we bought him in a hurry after Mbeumo left.
This isn’t true.

We were being linked with Ouattara before Bryan left and it was almost a month after Bryan left before Ouattara signed.

IIRC he was a player much admired by BFC and whilst we moved quickly once it became clear a deal could be done with Bournemouth, it was not by any stretch a hurried purchase.
 

Dango Ouattara

Still think muff pulled our pants down with the fee we paid for him. He wasn't a regular starter for them.

A year in to his career, and im still to be convinced.
I'd love you to explain how Muff or any club manages to do that.Do you think they swapped his body parts with Semenyo's and then put Dango's back on at the point of sale?
PG isn't a mug to have his pants pulled down.We looked at Dango,his game history and long term stats,no doubt scouted him a lot and decided what we were willing to pay.If we thought it was too much we wouldn't have bought him.

He's done well for us so far and yesterday he had a bad game,it happens.He didn't look right from the start and maybe there's something more to it than we are aware of.
 

Dango Ouattara

This isn’t true.

We were being linked with Ouattara before Bryan left and it was almost a month after Bryan left before Ouattara signed.

IIRC he was a player much admired by BFC and whilst we moved quickly once it became clear a deal could be done with Bournemouth, it was not by any stretch a hurried purchase.
Thanks, I stand corrected, particularly on the timing. I just remember being surprised at the time by both the fact of the signing and the fee. It didn't seem like a typical Brentford deal.
 

Dango Ouattara

Not good yesterday but his stats last season have already repaid some of his fee - if he does it again then 42m is a pretty decent purchase.
 

Dango Ouattara

The key about how we scout things is not so much the finished article but the promise and ceiling level to be reached.

Dango is rapid like Schade, he won us points at Villa home and away and Newcastle away plus got us a point v Palace at home with 2 goals. That amounts to a 10 point contribution at least.

They say a good goalkeeper wins you 10 points every year, apply the same logic to Dango and we are just talking about making his impact more a 1 in 3 games than a 1 in 5.

Nothing to worry about, young enough, quick enough, he’s at the right club, this is where the Brentford coaching makes him even better.
 

Dango Ouattara

Thiago and Schade ran their socks off but Kayode was totally exposed due to Quattara’s carefree approach to his defensive duties. Anthony’s combination with Hickey and his better delivery is a strong case for starting.
 

Dango Ouattara

I'd love you to explain how Muff or any club manages to do that.Do you think they swapped his body parts with Semenyo's and then put Dango's back on at the point of sale?
PG isn't a mug to have his pants pulled down.We looked at Dango,his game history and long term stats,no doubt scouted him a lot and decided what we were willing to pay.If we thought it was too much we wouldn't have bought him.

He's done well for us so far and yesterday he had a bad game,it happens.He didn't look right from the start and maybe there's something more to it than we are aware of.
I like your post, but I believe that you could be spot on in respect of the last line.
 

Dango Ouattara

No idea. Certainly doesn't deserve to start. Hoped he would look likely from the bench. A bit concerning.
Yep I was looking forward to his introduction. He should be fighting for his place! Disappointing.
 

Dango Ouattara

I wondered if he was so intent on playing a worldie vs his old paymaster that he tried too hard and tried it.on his own. Maybe why he wasn't keen to track back. Felt.like he was trying to force.it. starts v Reading me thinks.
 

Dango Ouattara

Sometimes competition for.places can do this. He will improve though.
 

Dango Ouattara

Sometimes competition for.places can do this. He will improve though.
Pressure for a starting place doesn't suit all characters. He must reset, develop resiliance and go again.
 

Dango Ouattara

Yes strange. I thought he was better coming off the bench the other week as he took people on as they were getting knackered…so didn’t really need to have a disciplined game! Anthony seemed like the better starter! Hopefully just a bit of a phase as don’t really want to have Kayode exposed either otherwise it flips that flank into a liability rather than a strength
 

Dango Ouattara

Just not quite getting the bit of good fortune to kick start season. He’ll start at Reading and hopefully get some positive moments.
 

Dango Ouattara

A typical modern player. You get wizards like Damsgaard, game readers like Sangare, then you get these wide players who are pure athletes, so fast, so strong and so powerful, but I would put money on me scoring that header 9 times out of 10.

I couldn’t do the other stuff he does as I was too slow, deceptively slow they used to say in my old team, but free headers from 6 yards were my forte.

So many players now have incredible attributes, but are simply a bit clumsy at times, and I put Kev in that bracket too, great in the air, works his socks off, but a bit random with the ball at his feet.
 

Dango Ouattara

A typical modern player. You get wizards like Damsgaard, game readers like Sangare, then you get these wide players who are pure athletes, so fast, so strong and so powerful, but I would put money on me scoring that header 9 times out of 10.

I couldn’t do the other stuff he does as I was too slow, deceptively slow they used to say in my old team, but free headers from 6 yards were my forte.

So many players now have incredible attributes, but are simply a bit clumsy at times, and I put Kev in that bracket too, great in the air, works his socks off, but a bit random with the ball at his feet.
But whereas Kev has shown the ability his natural qualities such as his pace promise, Dango simply isn’t playing very well right now.

I do agree that wingers are very much hot and cold, but preferably he’ll be more on the hot side as the season goes on
 

Dango Ouattara

A typical modern player. You get wizards like Damsgaard, game readers like Sangare, then you get these wide players who are pure athletes, so fast, so strong and so powerful, but I would put money on me scoring that header 9 times out of 10.

I couldn’t do the other stuff he does as I was too slow, deceptively slow they used to say in my old team, but free headers from 6 yards were my forte.

So many players now have incredible attributes, but are simply a bit clumsy at times, and I put Kev in that bracket too, great in the air, works his socks off, but a bit random with the ball at his feet.
Deceptively slow. Brilliant. Can't work out if that's a compliment or a dig.
 

Dango Ouattara

Ill, injured, pissed off, sulking or just bang out of form.

The latter for me.
(3), (4) and (5) for me... not in that order. Without straying into the very subjective topic of body language, something just didn't look right last night (and yes, I was at the game). Hope he finds form soon as he is a hell of a player and we are much more unpredictable and dangerous when he is at it.
 

Dango Ouattara

I've always suspected his wild inconsistency was the reason Bournemouth didn't put up too much of a fight to keep him (or so it seemed). A real asset when he's on form, even yesterday that ball for Carvalho to score was superb in both vision and accuracy, but much of the rest of his performance was well below what we need even allowing for us taking it easy ahead of smashing the blue poo Friday.
 

Dango Ouattara

I've always suspected his wild inconsistency was the reason Bournemouth didn't put up too much of a fight to keep him (or so it seemed). A real asset when he's on form, even yesterday that ball for Carvalho to score was superb in both vision and accuracy, but much of the rest of his performance was well below what we need even allowing for us taking it easy ahead of smashing the blue poo Friday.
Muff supporters mentioning similar inconsistency with Rayan, maybe a cheeky bid for him if they won't put up much of a fight.
 

Dango Ouattara

Deceptively slow. Brilliant. Can't work out if that's a compliment or a dig.

It was not a compliment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was never blessed with pace, very quick over 10 yards and 2 seconds quicker in the brain, but started having back issues as a teenager and slowed down over distance over the next 4-5 years. Apparently after the first 10-15 yards I always looked like I was moving fast, but people would over take me.
 

Dango Ouattara

His is the only forward line position that is under threat at the moment with Kevin and Mr T considered first choice so there will be less game time for Dango and Jaidon, certainly at present, which makes for good competition and (possibly) an additional pressure to do well. With the arrival of Jaidon we have improved the talent pool and also increased fan expectations so there is more scrutiny.

KA is obviously trying to select the best player in that position for each opponent based on what he sees in training, but to be fair trying to analyse and get a true picture from last night’s performance where even by KA’s own admission where he mentioned that it was a team that hadn’t really played together where we saw a lot of misjudgments by players is difficult.

Although frustrating as it was, Dango does have the ability to excite the crowd when he gets the ball and is a threat for every PL defender so with these circumstances I would give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to settle into the season; there are plenty of games still to be played.
 

Dango Ouattara

But whereas Kev has shown the ability his natural qualities such as his pace promise, Dango simply isn’t playing very well right now.

I do agree that wingers are very much hot and cold, but preferably he’ll be more on the hot side as the season goes on

I think people read too much into this kind of thing. Even Bryan, Ollie, Dams, Kev to name a few have had these exact things chucked at them. I will never buy into the "not interested, not trying, not bothered" rhetoric. I think it is bloody hard to be a consistent footballer especially at this level, it f***ing brutal, especially for a creator who is judged by how many times he scores, assists, or beats his man who is trained to within an inch of his life to stop you. Confidence will dip, you will stop taking chances, but over time you will reach a better level of consistency.

Thiago is going to get the same soon, he is doing exactly what he did last season but without the chances going in. I though Wilson did alright last night, but when IT came on the dynamic changed, his movement, hold up play, getting chances, he was a different level, but some are aleady calling for Wilson to start because Igor is missing chances, we are not far from the "he is not trying or interested" nonsense. If his pen had gone in, you can bet he would be on 3-4 by now.
 

Dango Ouattara

His is the only forward line position that is under threat at the moment with Kevin and Mr T considered first choice so there will be less game time for Dango and Jaidon, certainly at present, which makes for good competition and (possibly) an additional pressure to do well.

I've never bought into that creating pressure thing. In the wide or forward positions, your players perform their best when they are relaxed, confident and taking risks and chances. A player under pressure stops that, plays within themself, stops taking risks, passes backwards and every time they try something and it goes 10 foot over the bar they are looking at the bench over their shoulder. Trying harder is not good for a forward, that is why they get droughts, when the score one they start drifting around thinking every thing is going to go in, snatching at everything scared to cock it up is counter intuitive.
 

Dango Ouattara

It was not a compliment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was never blessed with pace, very quick over 10 yards and 2 seconds quicker in the brain, but started having back issues as a teenager and slowed down over distance over the next 4-5 years. Apparently after the first 10-15 yards I always looked like I was moving fast, but people would over take me.
You've stolen my CV!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top Bottom