andyrew
Active member
Kevin Schade
Kevin and the unfortunate Jensen are big players for us. I hope we get them signed up long term.Don't see much from the sell Schade brigade these days perhaps they are eating a large slice of humble pie right now
Kevin and the unfortunate Jensen are big players for us. I hope we get them signed up long term.Don't see much from the sell Schade brigade these days perhaps they are eating a large slice of humble pie right now
I wonder how difficult it must be to simultaneously eat humble pie and cheer through gritted teeth. Idiots!There were plenty moaning about him on the matchday thread as usual yesterday, even after his first goal. Apparently he goes down too easily (tee hee) and was responsible for Muff's first goal - even though Ajer basically passed it to their scorer. So the micro analysis of his performance and meaningless interpretations of his body language persist. Despite the fact he's arguably our best performer at the moment. At least they had the sense to pipe down after his second....
It takes multiple learning experiences to overcome confirmation bias...I wonder how difficult it must be to simultaneously eat humble pie and cheer through gritted teeth. Idiots!
Realised yesterday that our Xg was only 0.52, so again, well done Kev!Is it my imagination or has he gone up a gear already this season?
Longer contract equals a larger fee.Not sure as he does either need to be sold or sign a new contract as we are past the last two years now of his current deal. Arsenal are apparently interested
I know a primary school kid (grandson) who was absolutely blown away by his second goal. “Grandpa, how did he do that?”But, but, but...
He can't control a bag of cement...
His first touch is worse than a group of Primary School kids.....


"Last season, Brentford were an effective collective and, for the first time in a while, there was no standout player for them to spend the summer trying to keep hold of"View attachment 69007
![]()
Six Knee-Jerk Reactions to Premier League Matchday 4 | Opta Analyst
We’re back for our weekly review of the Premier League’s action with a bunch of hastily made conclusions from MD4.theanalyst.com
Schade Will Be the Next Player to Make the Step Up to the Big Six
Last season, Brentford were an effective collective and, for the first time in a while, there was no standout player for them to spend the summer trying to keep hold of.
And they have benefitted from that continuity, making a strong, unbeaten start to the new campaign as they seek to overcome the disappointment of just missing out on Europe last season by righting that wrong.
However, they know, and we know too, that their best players will eventually leave, and Kevin Schade looks a likely candidate to pique the interest of the big boys next summer.
After his brace at Bournemouth at the weekend, only Erling Haaland (four) has scored more goals than him in the Premier League this season (three). But while he ranks second for goals, he is all the way down in 34th for expected goals, with just 0.98. He is in ruthless form in front of goal.
View attachment 69008
Kevin Schade xG Premier League 2026-27
That said, it’s worth noting that he is catching the eye in part because he is scoring such, well, eye-catching goals. After his excellent flicked volley against Leeds and a well-taken header to open the scoring this weekend, he pounced on a goalkeeping error to lob Djordje Petrovic from distance for his third of the season.
These finishes do speak to a man bursting with confidence, but they aren’t exactly the most reliable source of goals. It will be interesting to see how long this streak goes on because if it does, he may well be earning Brentford’s next big pay cheque.
One season wonder..."Last season, Brentford were an effective collective and, for the first time in a while, there was no standout player for them to spend the summer trying to keep hold of"
Yes Igor didn't stand out at all.
Great insight from Troy there... "Two goals again at Bournemouth. I feel like he's the next one they'll sell. Pace, power, scores goals and works hard for the team."In Troy Deeney's team of the week.
Thats torn it, not under the radar anymore
![]()
Troy Deeney's Team of the Week: Donnarumma, Konsa, Fernandez, Schade
After every round of Premier League matches this season, Troy Deeney gives us his team of the week. Do you agree with his choices?www.bbc.co.uk
Nah. PG strikes me as an Arthur DaleyI'm not sure why, after a player's had a decent few weeks, we need to think about selling him on. I think Directors of Football are a bit more sophisticated than that.
Not sure that's come as a result of his start to the season. More a case of his contract situation I think, which has been known about for a while.I'm not sure why, after a player's had a decent few weeks, we need to think about selling him on. I think Directors of Football are a bit more sophisticated than that.
Must be a shoe-in for Klopp's first squad.
Klopp hasn’t had that long! Whilst both squads are an interesting mix, my impression is that Kev is in with some of the established names/summer failures.As mentioned on the Janelt thread. Good that Klopp has finally seen the light. Proud of our boys for making the team, shame they couldn't be in the same squad together.
:^)I have no rational basis for this whatsoever, but I've got a feeling he'll stay and also have his best ever season, making 15-20 goal contributions. I can't justify it whatsoever, just blind optimism, contrarianism, and a vague sense that when portions of the fan base act about a player the way they've acted about Schade this season, they're usually proven wrong shortly after. Plus I don't see us getting what we think he's worth after a relative ebb in form
:^)I have no rational basis for this whatsoever, but I've got a feeling he'll stay and also have his best ever season, making 15-20 goal contributions. I can't justify it whatsoever, just blind optimism, contrarianism, and a vague sense that when portions of the fan base act about a player the way they've acted about Schade this season, they're usually proven wrong shortly after. Plus I don't see us getting what we think he's worth after a relative ebb in form
Agree with all of this but there is also no denying that Kev's persona in general has changed this season. Whatever the catalyst has been we are now reaping the benefits. He looks stronger, quicker, totally committed and strikes fear in opposition defences. I really hope he has a successful time with Klopp in the break because he will come back even better. Now is the perfect time to get the new contract sorted.Things I really liked from Kev last night...
1. Sumo throw on the the ginger midfield midget
2. Throwing up a 2 0 goal sign to Neto, who presumably mouthed off to earn it
3. Pressing, workrate, commitment
4. Chief Keith pinching his cheeks and Kev beaming in response post match
His time has come, so pleased for him. Germany call up provides further validation. And so good not to have to read whingy posts about his body language and supposed lack of this or that attribute anymore. He's the real deal and we're lucky to have him
Alternatively if he wants a step-up, champions league etc, January window might be his peak value, just saying.Agree with all of this but there is also no denying that Kev's persona in general has changed this season. Whatever the catalyst has been we are now reaping the benefits. He looks stronger, quicker, totally committed and strikes fear in opposition defences. I really hope he has a successful time with Klopp in the break because he will come back even better. Now is the perfect time to get the new contract sorted.
I think people forget that last season was full of change for KS - had to adapt to two new forward partners, new left back partner in KLP and a new manager, who I think asked more of him defensively. Personally, I don't think there is a dramatic difference this season other than these elements are now much more settled. And I never bought into the body language/smiling/attitude narrative some posters promoted. Either way though, we now have a potent player on our hands - and that's all that really matters.Agree with all of this but there is also no denying that Kev's persona in general has changed this season. Whatever the catalyst has been we are now reaping the benefits. He looks stronger, quicker, totally committed and strikes fear in opposition defences. I really hope he has a successful time with Klopp in the break because he will come back even better. Now is the perfect time to get the new contract sorted.
Either way a new contract is importantAlternatively if he wants a step-up, champions league etc, January window might be his peak value, just saying.
He got awarded an assist for both in FPL, 9 points in total.Can’t believe he didn’t get an assist/involvement for either goal, the first one being saved and the second nicking a Chelsea toe on the way across the goal. 6 points on my fantasy team.
He's key to the way we play, selling him in January would be a disaster for this season.Alternatively if he wants a step-up, champions league etc, January window might be his peak value, just saying.
If he won’t sign though?…..He's key to the way we play, selling him in January would be a disaster for this season.
Just get the new contract done.
I'm not considering that possibilityIf he won’t sign though?…..