West Stand - A Call to Arms

West Stand - A Call to Arms

I think the “secret” is we’re all alcoholics. 😉

Friday night = 6 pints down. 3 points up. Happy days.

Saturday 3pm = 2 pints after a burger lunch. Bit full first half, “on it” second half after a top up during the break.

Saturday 5:30 = give us the points. We’ve pre drunk and ready to party!

Sunday 2pm = all we’ve had is church wine. Given ticket away to Sunday school kids.

Sunday 4:30pm = had a couple but waiting for the roast at home.

Monday 8pm = what day is it?

The club will have the beer sold/points won data!
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Somehow I missed this behind me, while under a deluge of flags! Taught me a lesson for poking fun at Stu W. with his arms full of flags. Next thing I’ve got the biggest flippin’ flag since Agincourt, and it’s taking both arms to move the b’strd!
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Even though Chelsea were decent and mainly in control for most of first half, and we didnt threaten much, it was still pretty much constant noise for the first 30 minutes. 👏👏👏
Second half was different gravy as both team and fans stepped performances up x10!!! 😍
Up there with top 5 atmospheres at the Gtech!! Similar to the Chelsea "hell on earth" game where we battered them but still lost 1-0.
But this time the West got what we deserved!!!! 😍
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Hate to say it but the Yarmoliuk song on the 'lap of appreciation' is a bit of an energy sponge. Bring back Status Quo
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Brentford? Versus Chelsea? On a Friday night? Under the lights? With a few pints?

My nearest flag will get a proper vigorous wave!
I vigorously waved said flag and thought of rebus with a sly grin on my face whilst doing it.
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

It went on too long!!
Yep and there need to be a few gaps in the playlist for the crowd to sing the songs of players who deserve recognition (e.g. Schuster last night) but whose chants don’t come with a backing track. Felt he should have had his moment being pushed forward in front of the West stand.

Anyway, very minor in the scheme of things after such a great night with the stand in full voice throughout.
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Think they deliberately stretched it out longer than usual to make sure Thiago could have his moment with his song in front of the West Stand
Would like them to involve others as well in future, would have loved Carvalho to have been pushed to the front for his moment, having comeback from a long injury. But I'm just being picky. One of those nights that make, the days of frustration worth it!!
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Yep and there need to be a few gaps in the playlist for the crowd to sing the songs of players who deserve recognition (e.g. Schuster last night) but whose chants don’t come with a backing track. Felt he should have had his moment being pushed forward in front of the West stand.

Anyway, very minor in the scheme of things after such a great night with the stand in full voice throughout.
Schusters chant is to the tune of ‘i can’t get enough’
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

I was thinking about night games at Griffin Park when the entire crowd would have been covered by this. Well done Gary Levine.
Only remember once at GP when a big flag was passed over Ealing Road.. & never found out what it said (can't remember the game now either!) but enjoyed this one at the GTech
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260920_133404_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20260920_133404_Gallery.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 60

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Only remember once at GP when a big flag was passed over Ealing Road.. & never found out what it said (can't remember the game now either!) but enjoyed this one at the GTech
what does that mean?
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

what does that mean?
I was hoping someone would go "I remember that". Don't remember any forewarning but large flag came over my head one pre-match from NR side & I helped it on to BR side. That's it really - but my mind is normally befuddled by Chocolate Porter before each game though...
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

I was hoping someone would go "I remember that". Don't remember any forewarning but large flag came over my head one pre-match from NR side & I helped it on to BR side. That's it really - but my mind is normally befuddled by Chocolate Porter before each game though...
i meant what does the flag mean!
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

It is "This is what it means - thank you Pontus"...
& this is the other I was thinking of - first game of the 2019/20 season, I guess
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260920_141337_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20260920_141337_Facebook.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 73

West Stand - A Call to Arms

What did the n stand tifo say and were the Beetman lights new? Saw it once on the steam museum tower
 

West Stand - A Call to Arms

Flags and Hey Jude at Brentford v Sunderland, 5 Sept (video)

(I’ve tried a couple of times uploading videos directly here but for some reason it posts without audio)
 
Back
Top Bottom