kendo
Active member
Jannik Schuster
The opportunity came and he took it.
Outstanding!
His place to lose in the team now!
Outstanding!
His place to lose in the team now!
Like a young Tony Craig
Not nearly as cultured on the ball as TCLike a young Tony Craig
He’s landed into a high pressure environment where the 2 first choice CBs are injured.
Within 3 matches he looks like a seasoned pro and then we remember that he’s several years away from his peak.
We’ve got another superstar on our hands. Signed for a modest fee by PL standards and only months into a 6 year contract.
KA has some tough decisions to make after the international break. Now a very real possibility that one of our 4 very capable CBs doesn’t even make the bench.
I did see that and got a chuckle out of it!Not sure if you've seen it, but in the post match interview he did with Sky he mentioned his blocking.
Apparently when we signed him, the club said he was turning away from shots too often, so he spends time in training having shots pelted at himSeems to be doing the trick, as he stood up to plenty last night.
Fine details coming into play again & it goes to shows the levels we go to when scouting players.
Do you know, that thought also entered my mind, too..I was afraid to sayDare I say he reminds me a bit of a certain jug eared ex bee?
He reminded me of Peter Gelson after that performance. He was that good.Dare I say he reminds me a bit of a certain jug eared ex bee?
Very much agree especially KLP being difficult to drop. I am getting fed up of reading that he is only filling in at LB. How long does he have play in the LB position and how well does he have to play before some accept that he is a LEFT BACK and a good one. JS is certainly a find and if he continues playing like this our captain will be encouraged to take his time and get completely fit before returning.Just like the Sunderland game another important block this prevented a shot on target. As with KLP quite difficult to drop ATM
Likely our center back pairing against Sunderland in carabao cup will be Collins and van den berg with Diouf and Hickey as full backs , not bad for “second string” defence !!He reminded me of Peter Gelson after that performance. He was that good.
Currently the U21s not the senior squad. However, with the extended international break suspect for many nations there’ll be some interchange between squads over the 3 weeks.Has he been called up for any Austrian squad in the break?
Very much agree especially KLP being difficult to drop. I am getting fed up of reading that he is only filling in at LB. How long does he have play in the LB position and how well does he have to play before some accept that he is a LEFT BACK and a good one. JS is certainly a find and if he continues playing like this our captain will be encouraged to take his time and get completely fit before returning.
I think if KLP said it himself, that he sees himself as a left back, then I suspect people would immediately see him as that. As it is, I think we've all been left with this idea that he's not happy playing LB and wants to play higher up the pitch.Very much agree especially KLP being difficult to drop. I am getting fed up of reading that he is only filling in at LB. How long does he have play in the LB position and how well does he have to play before some accept that he is a LEFT BACK and a good one. JS is certainly a find and if he continues playing like this our captain will be encouraged to take his time and get completely fit before returning.
After a clean sheet against the much heralded Chelsea forward line, there is no way anyone should be left out to make way for returning players, even if one of those is the skipper. It would send out totally the wrong message. If Schuster keeps playing like that he's undroppable.He’s landed into a high pressure environment where the 2 first choice CBs are injured.
Within 3 matches he looks like a seasoned pro and then we remember that he’s several years away from his peak.
We’ve got another superstar on our hands. Signed for a modest fee by PL standards and only months into a 6 year contract.
KA has some tough decisions to make after the international break. Now a very real possibility that one of our 4 very capable CBs doesn’t even make the bench.
I don’t think it would send out the wrong message at this stage of Shuster’s career from the team’s point of view. He’s very young and inexperienced, so it would be a bit of a leap of faith to expect him to perform better than Collins at this stage, even though had a great game. I think we said the same about Mepham a few years ago. Having said that, he’s definitely one for the short list. Only my opinion though.After a clean sheet against the much heralded Chelsea forward line, there is no way anyone should be left out to make way for returning players, even if one of those is the skipper. It would send out totally the wrong message. If Schuster keeps playing like that he's undroppable.
Blimey, they must have some decent players if they can overlook Jannik! Think that Sunderland lad who was laughing and joking with our fans the other week is one, but not sure i could name any others!Currently the U21s not the senior squad. However, with the extended international break suspect for many nations there’ll be some interchange between squads over the 3 weeks.
I think the idea here is to keep switching who starts as he is doing rather than “knowing your best starting 11”. You just say “guys, you are all at a level, I’m going to include some rotations based on physio recommendations, performance, I’ll get the starters wrong sometimes but just EVERYONE be ready, st start or come off the bench, and you won’t even be on the bench some weeks. Whether you are happy about that or not is your choice, but, please respect the quality of your team mates. Would you rather start more but have a worse squad?”This is the part of his job that I don’t envy at all. Keeping a group of highly paid professionals that are all fit happy ?
It’s also why we need to stay in the cups for as long as possible and players that are not starting need competitive game time to be game sharp, if and when needed.
Yes, fully agree, honesty and respect is very much the start point and the only way I could ever think of it working with the group.I think the idea here is to keep switching who starts as he is doing rather than “knowing your best starting 11”. You just say “guys, you are all at a level, I’m going to include some rotations based on physio recommendations, performance, I’ll get the starters wrong sometimes but just EVERYONE be ready, st start or come off the bench, and you won’t even be on the bench some weeks. Whether you are happy about that or not is your choice, but, please respect the quality of your team mates. Would you rather start more but have a worse squad?”