Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

So, stewards aren't aware of this then?
Or, prefer to tell people they need to go to their "correct' gate??
The stewards just scan your ticket and it says "yes" or "no". They even look at the ticket on your phone.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I entered the ground through either B or C entrance at 7.45pm and walked straight in passed a number of people who appeared to have trouble with mobile phones. I put that down to them not being regulars or even Chelsea!
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

So, stewards aren't aware of this then?
Or, prefer to tell people they need to go to their "correct' gate??
If you do not have a lounge pass then you use gate C and have a lanyard issued inside, if those people attempt an entrance through gate B they cause a hold up. Anyone can use C but it is slower as most are non regs who do know where they are going. I saw nothing unusual there on Friday all looked the same at 7.45pm
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

If you do not have a lounge pass then you use gate C and have a lanyard issued inside, if those people attempt an entrance through gate B they cause a hold up. Anyone can use C but it is slower as most are non regs who do know where they are going. I saw nothing unusual there on Friday all looked the same at 7.45pm
Ok thanks. 👍
So a bit different to GA in West Stand as described by @hobbsy then.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The club did send an email advising people to arrive early as they expected excess numbers. It was a Friday night KO and most would have come from work, not only that but the roads are crowded at the time of travel. All this equals fewer arriving, early and most arriving together.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The club did send an email advising people to arrive early as they expected excess numbers. It was a Friday night KO and most would have come from work, not only that but the roads are crowded at the time of travel. All this equals fewer arriving, early and most arriving together.
The boy who cried wolf.
They send this every single game so everyone ignores it every single game.

Ultimately the stadium isn’t a nice enough place to be to justify paying anywhere near the same price for food/drink as a pub in the local area. So most people don’t.
Make it half price till 30mins before kick off and you might see more people interested.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

We normally use the entrance on the corner of the West Stand and the South Stand just before the merchandise seller. Queue was really long so went the round the corner to N I think it was. One queue that then splits into two, one of them with a door and two people with come handheld scanner. They appeared to have no clue how to use it and they couldn't scan the majority of people in, so we then had to carry on to where the turnstiles which worked absolutely fine. Not sure if there is a specific type of ticket or bar code for the handheld scanners but I will avoid any queue using them in the future. Maybe some better signage at that entrance would help
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

How so exactly?
A high proportion of people I see don't have their digital ticket open and ready to scan when it's their turn to enter at the turnstile (possibly just not understanding that you can hold a digital card open for a minute in advance of using it I would guess or just struggling to open it generally). What you often see is someone stood on turnstile trying to fire up their digital wallet or scrolling for their ticket which can easily take 5 or 6 seconds. With the physical card it either works or it doesn't - no user error margin factor in.

Also see quite a lot of people (and I have to do this myself) having to scan their kids in first rather just letting them get on with it themselves with a physical card. Again a small thing but enough to add a few seconds whilst I cajole them to go through trying to make sure I'm not using my adult ticket mistake.

I suspect that I'll get a smart arse reply to this but just giving an opinion on a couple of the accumulative factors I think that make using a digital wallet slower than a physical card.
 
Last edited:

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I suspect this is the main reason. Physical season ticket cards much easier and quicker .
Although the queue was huge the actual scanning bit at reading was quicker than at the Gtech
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

We normally use the entrance on the corner of the West Stand and the South Stand just before the merchandise seller. Queue was really long so went the round the corner to N I think it was. One queue that then splits into two, one of them with a door and two people with come handheld scanner. They appeared to have no clue how to use it and they couldn't scan the majority of people in, so we then had to carry on to where the turnstiles which worked absolutely fine. Not sure if there is a specific type of ticket or bar code for the handheld scanners but I will avoid any queue using them in the future. Maybe some better signage at that entrance would help
Handheld scanners should be able to read all ticket types. This sounds like operator error.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Handheld scanners should be able to read all ticket types. This sounds like operator error.
I don't know what they were doing but I am pretty sure it was user error as I don't think they were even pointing the scanner in the right direction!
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

A high proportion of people I see don't have their digital ticket open and ready to scan when it's their turn to enter at the turnstile (possibly just not understanding that you can hold a digital card open for a minute in advance of using it I would guess or just struggling to open it generally). What you often see is someone stood on turnstile trying to fire up their digital wallet or scrolling for their ticket which can easily take 5 or 6 seconds. With the physical card it either works or it doesn't - no user error margin factor in.

Also see quite a lot of people (and I have to do this myself) having to scan their kids in first rather just letting them get on with it themselves with a physical card. Again a small thing but enough to add a few seconds whilst I cajole them to go through trying to make sure I'm not using my adult ticket mistake.

I suspect that I'll get a smart arse reply to this but just giving an opinion on a couple of the accumulative factors I think that make using a digital wallet slower than a physical card.
Ita great fun scanning 4 tickets for the kids 😆 😀
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

A few observations from this thread:

- Physical season (any) tickets for footy aren't coming back.

- Moaning that you "only" have 2 hours instead of 2.5 hours in the ground pre match is hilarious, premium or not.

- KLF is gonna rock ya 🔊🎶
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I've used the digital ST (South B) since its inception and only had a problem once... when I left my phone in the car! Nowadays, I never carry cards on me, except when I'm using the buses and my codger's bus pass, so I have a little 3-card wallet for that and Oyster card (just because I still have one and I don't like waving my phone around on the tube). Am I that unusual... ?
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

We sell out every single game. What are these excess numbers exactly?
Weeknights have a different flow of when people arrive at the stadium. Relatively simple.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I went in extra early against Chelsea, gate K, North Stand. 6 stewards standing there and 2 of them surged towards me. Couldn't wait to get their hands on me. That's been my life story.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I never carry cards on me, except when I'm using the buses and my codger's bus pass, so I have a little 3-card wallet for that and Oyster card (just because I still have one and I don't like waving my phone around on the tube). Am I that unusual... ?
Yes.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I suspect this is the main reason. Physical season ticket cards much easier and quicker .
They were no quicker unless you’re holding multiple tickets and passing your phone to others behind you.
Plenty of times with physical card there were issues getting in. My sons continued not to work for no apparent reason and we had to go to ticket office to sort out.
Nothings perfect.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The digital ticket is not the problem
It’s the fans who can’t seem to prepare them in their Google or Apple wallet in advance

IMO if it’s in the Google or Apple wallet then it’s quicker than using a physical card
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The digital ticket is not the problem
It’s the fans who can’t seem to prepare them in their Google or Apple wallet in advance

IMO if it’s in the Google or Apple wallet then it’s quicker than using a physical card
The chap in front of me certainly had a problem with it. He had the ticket open but wouldn’t scan for whatever reason.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I've used the digital ST (South B) since its inception and only had a problem once... when I left my phone in the car! Nowadays, I never carry cards on me, except when I'm using the buses and my codger's bus pass, so I have a little 3-card wallet for that and Oyster card (just because I still have one and I don't like waving my phone around on the tube). Am I that unusual... ?
No, never any issues in our group
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

With entrance D you get a bag check and not a lot of room between the bag check table and a barrier.
Everyone stops because you get a steward,fan and bag checker blocking the entrance and you can squeeze another fan through.
I try to get my phone ready before the turnstile,but quite a few get theirs out when its needed.
You then get the delays on the turnstile reading the ticket like i had the another night.
It took me over a minute to scan in 3 of us and my own ticket was rejected.
Plastic cards would have taken under 10 seconds imo.
I apologise for holding anyone up,but its not the first time its a pain and it will not be the last.
It took us about 5 minutes to reach the turnstile from the club shop so we were not alone either.

And this was at 7.30.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The digital ticket is not the problem
It’s the fans who can’t seem to prepare them in their Google or Apple wallet in advance

IMO if it’s in the Google or Apple wallet then it’s quicker than using a physical card
Or the fans who can't read proper and try to use barcode on the QR code scanner or visa versa...
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I note the length of this thread and draw one simple conclusion is that the only place where there continue to be no queues is at the sinks to wash one’s hands at the G tech 🤢🤮🤢🤫🤫🤫
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The other aspect is how many fans, once open on their wallet, still don’t bloody know where to put the phone
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

We got into the North Stand at about 1930. Very little queue but patting down the adults. Wonder if they were still doing that at 1957.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

A few observations from this thread:

- Physical season (any) tickets for footy aren't coming back.

- Moaning that you "only" have 2 hours instead of 2.5 hours in the ground pre match is hilarious, premium or not.

- KLF is gonna rock ya 🔊🎶

It’s shrinkflation, pay more and get less. Like going to the supermarket.

If you have chosen to pay for a premium service, you don’t expect to be queuing longer to get in, less time to sit and eat you tucker, to see the players pre game warming up.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

No problem in the East stand so far this season. I always get there just before kick off and pretty much walk straight in. Don't bring a bag anymore.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I challenge you to a quick draw outside the turnstile. You with phone in your pocket and me with my 100% success physical card in my pocket.
Haha!
We have to even the playing field
Both cards have to be in their respective wallets
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The queue at the West stand, North corner has been longer this season with the start at the base of half way up the stairs to Lionel Rd. I typically arrive with 15 -20 minutes to spare. However, the queue has flowed swiftly and I am in the ground within 5-10 minutes. I conclude that more people spend longer in the pub and are optimising their entry in to the ground. Driving in from Reading my ritual involves parking at Brentford station or the multi-storey on the High Street, going in The Griffin for a pint and burger and then up to the Gtech. If I am only having one pint its definitely going to be cask in a pub and not the ice cold stuff served in the ground.
Regarding the technology, the initial proximity scan has never worked for me on my Samsung Android phone, but the bar code scan seems bullet proof, so maybe people with problems scanning should go straight for the bar code each time.
 
Back
Top Bottom