Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The other aspect is how many fans, once open on their wallet, still don’t bloody know where to put the phone
Entry at all away games this and last season seemed to not offer optional screens for scanning, so why does the GTech have x2?
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Mainly down to clueless gate staff where I was. Maybe when we get our next chunk of premier league cash they can get another scanner instead of having someone stand on the gate just being a people doing nothing


Probably asking for criticism here, but anyway.

My son is away so I took my mate, I have his ticket in my old phone just in case we have drama or the silly bigger loses his phone again. I gave him the password and made sure the phone was on and showed him what to do. I went first and said, hold the phone like this.

I turned round and he was holding the phone the wrong way and was waving it at the wrong place, FFS, I just showed you. The phone bloody locked and he was standing there bemused waving it about.

I gave him the code and he seemed unable to out it in, so I took it off him to unlock it, all pretence he was my son now gone with the wind, the steward who was watching all this unfold took the phone and did it for him.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No wonder we have queue’s at the turnstiles with idiots like us.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Probably asking for criticism here, but anyway.

My son is away so I took my mate, I have his ticket in my old phone just in case we have drama or the silly bigger loses his phone again. I gave him the password and made sure the phone was on and showed him what to do. I went first and said, hold the phone like this.

I turned round and he was holding the phone the wrong way and was waving it at the wrong place, FFS, I just showed you. The phone bloody locked and he was standing there bemused waving it about.

I gave him the code and he seemed unable to out it in, so I took it off him to unlock it, all pretence he was my son now gone with the wind, the steward who was watching all this unfold took the phone and did it for him.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No wonder we have queue’s at the turnstiles with idiots like us.
To be fair you should have just scanned him in then don yourself
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Can’t they move the samosa stand further down so that we can open more turnstiles for the north stand?
Half that side is closed on the way in
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

To be fair you should have just scanned him in then don yourself

I have both in my phone as well just in case in case in case, but thought it would be less obvious if we both had one 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Next time I will be the adult
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Can’t they move the samosa stand further down so that we can open more turnstiles for the north stand?
Half that side is closed on the way in


Or just bin it off, football is smelly enough with beer, burgers and people like me wearing catheters, we don’t need people eating curry too, please
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Or just bin it off, football is smelly enough with beer, burgers and people like me wearing catheters, we don’t need people eating curry too, please
Interesting take
I wasn’t expecting that
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Or just bin it off, football is smelly enough with beer, burgers and people like me wearing catheters, we don’t need people eating curry too, please
I think they should introduce foods of the worlds, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Sushi. Then it be like the Riverside stand at Putney 🤣
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

It doesn't help when people don't understand letters of the alphabet. We go through Gate N and frequently people are being redirected to Gates KLF etc. I feel Justified in saying this.
But are you Ancient?
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Probably asking for criticism here, but anyway.

My son is away so I took my mate, I have his ticket in my old phone just in case we have drama or the silly bigger loses his phone again. I gave him the password and made sure the phone was on and showed him what to do. I went first and said, hold the phone like this.

I turned round and he was holding the phone the wrong way and was waving it at the wrong place, FFS, I just showed you. The phone bloody locked and he was standing there bemused waving it about.

I gave him the code and he seemed unable to out it in, so I took it off him to unlock it, all pretence he was my son now gone with the wind, the steward who was watching all this unfold took the phone and did it for him.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No wonder we have queue’s at the turnstiles with idiots like us.
I'm confused, why did you feel the need to pretend your mate was your son? 🤷‍♂️😂 Unless your son has a kids ticket and your mate looks young enough to pass off as a kid?
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

The queue at the West stand, North corner has been longer this season with the start at the base of half way up the stairs to Lionel Rd. I typically arrive with 15 -20 minutes to spare. However, the queue has flowed swiftly and I am in the ground within 5-10 minutes. I conclude that more people spend longer in the pub and are optimising their entry in to the ground. Driving in from Reading my ritual involves parking at Brentford station or the multi-storey on the High Street, going in The Griffin for a pint and burger and then up to the Gtech. If I am only having one pint its definitely going to be cask in a pub and not the ice cold stuff served in the ground.
Regarding the technology, the initial proximity scan has never worked for me on my Samsung Android phone, but the bar code scan seems bullet proof, so maybe people with problems scanning should go straight for the bar code each time.
Very apt username for this thread
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

I'm confused, why did you feel the need to pretend your mate was your son? 🤷‍♂️😂 Unless your son has a kids ticket and your mate looks young enough to pass off as a kid?
Probably because his mate wasn't a member with 100 TAPs.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

queued at Gate A the other day for the first time ever! usually this is just a breeze - you walk straight through.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Probably asking for criticism here, but anyway.

My son is away so I took my mate, I have his ticket in my old phone just in case we have drama or the silly bigger loses his phone again. I gave him the password and made sure the phone was on and showed him what to do. I went first and said, hold the phone like this.

I turned round and he was holding the phone the wrong way and was waving it at the wrong place, FFS, I just showed you. The phone bloody locked and he was standing there bemused waving it about.

I gave him the code and he seemed unable to out it in, so I took it off him to unlock it, all pretence he was my son now gone with the wind, the steward who was watching all this unfold took the phone and did it for him.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No wonder we have queue’s at the turnstiles with idiots like us.
You can have all the tickets on multiple phones. I have all my kids on mine and they also have all their st on their phones .

I think they stewards are only there to make sure we all get in safely not to police who is 47 pretending to be 11
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

You can have all the tickets on multiple phones. I have all my kids on mine and they also have all their st on their phones .

I think they stewards are only there to make sure we all get in safely not to police who is 47 pretending to be 11
I agree, especailly as the National Threat level is "Severe". The primary concern of the Club and Police is to keep everyone safe. And if that means extra (random) searches then so be it but in future I will try get to the ground earlier.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Always find it very annoying that when trying to access the dugout through Gate B, I have one steward stood outside the door asking to see my ticket and then another to scan it. The first steward just gets in the way and if someone is in the wrong place, the bloke with the scanner can tell me. Just clogs the whole thing up.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

You can have all the tickets on multiple phones. I have all my kids on mine and they also have all their st on their phones .

I think they stewards are only there to make sure we all get in safely not to police who is 47 pretending to be 11

Yeah I know, I have both our tickets on my phone, sons phone and my old phone. But I was trying not to make it obvious he wasn't my son, and he couldn't have made it any more obvious he had never seen an iphone or a turnstile before.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

Always find it very annoying that when trying to access the dugout through Gate B, I have one steward stood outside the door asking to see my ticket and then another to scan it. The first steward just gets in the way and if someone is in the wrong place, the bloke with the scanner can tell me. Just clogs the whole thing up.
That's my default point of entry. I rather like the 'pre-check' as it turns away those who have found themselves at the wrong entrance but also ensures your ticket is lit up and ready for the scanners, thus speeding up my entry.
 

Excessive Queuing to get into the GTech

That's my default point of entry. I rather like the 'pre-check' as it turns away those who have found themselves at the wrong entrance but also ensures your ticket is lit up and ready for the scanners, thus speeding up my entry.
Just move the people with the scanners to where the pre-check happens, you still get to turn away the people with the wrong ticket and also removes a step. Adding an additional person to check my ticket certainly does not speed up my entry.
 
Back
Top Bottom