Final Score Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Yawn. All the way from Florida and it's crocodile invested lakes. I lasted 3 seconds. Did anyone do better. Who listens to this sh*t exactly?
320k people apparently 👀
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Yawn. All the way from Florida and it's crocodile invested lakes. I lasted 3 seconds. Did anyone do better. Who listens to this sh*t exactly?
"Invested" lakes??
Should this be in the "shares" thread??!!
😉😁
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Absolutely agree. Any backchat should be an immediate yellow. Repeat offence red card. No exceptions, no excuses. The referee is in charge.

That said, it always strikes me how futile dissent is. You practically never change the referees mind or influence him in any way at all. But the distraction and loss of focus leaves you more vulnerable to what the other team will do. So it's often actually counter-productive.

Just accept the decision and get into the right shape to defend.


I slightly disagree, if players intimidate a ref some of them will start to give them decisions and the benefit of the doubt later in the game. It should be a yellow but this is so rarely enforced it will never stop.

The rules of football have always been fit for purpose, but the refs only applying them randomly has led to this ridiculous situation where they have been made so complicated to give the refs huge scope to be inconsistent.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I slightly disagree, if players intimidate a ref some of them will start to give them decisions and the benefit of the doubt later in the game. It should be a yellow but this is so rarely enforced it will never stop.

The rules of football have always been fit for purpose, but the refs only applying them randomly has led to this ridiculous situation where they have been made so complicated to give the refs huge scope to be inconsistent.
I know most football supporters suspect that referees are vulnerable to imtimidation. And I don't say it has never happened. But it's unusual n this country and I think the dangers of loss of focus outweigh any marginal benefit.

You're right about the general unwillingness to enforce the rules. It makes me sick. And it really affects the game at the grass roots level where people are discouraged from refereeing.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Was anyone else a bit fed up of the media response to our result and performance - or are we happy to continue under the radar?. The media seems to be all about Chelsea and their poor defending. Hardly anyone seems to give us credit for an excellent second half performance and what a great job KA and PG are doing.

I tried to get on Radio 5 live yesterday and nearly made it on air but they went to another bees supporter (Dave) instead who made similar points and also gave credit to Brighton. I would add Bournmouth in the mix too.

The 3 Bs (Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth) are disrupting the PL big 6 and they dont like it.😀
 
Last edited:

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Was anyone else a bit fed up of the media response to our result and performance - or are we happy to continue under the radar?. The media seems to be all about Chelsea and their poor defending. Hardly anyone seems to give us credit for an excellent second half performance and what a great job KA is doing.

I tried to get on Radio 5 live yesterday and nearly made it on air but they went to another bees supporter (Dave) instead who made similar points and also gave credit to Brighton. I would add Bournmouth in the mix too.

The 3 Bs (Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth) are disrupting the PL big 6 and they dont like it.😀
I completely agree. Listening to Talksport on the way home it was all about Chelsea. They were asking for Bees supporters to call in and eventually one did and made the point your alluding to. However, they then began shouting him down because they didn’t like what he was saying. Suppose it’s because their expectations of Chelsea are higher than those of Brentford and their poor performance is considered more newsworthy than the good performance of Brentford. No doubt there is a similar reaction to Brighton’s performance yesterday. What winds me up is when the so called pundits start by saying, “With all due respect to Brentford”. By saying that is not what they’re doing, showing respect. That will only change when win a trophy or get a CL spot.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Was anyone else a bit fed up of the media response to our result and performance - or are we happy to continue under the radar?. The media seems to be all about Chelsea and their poor defending. Hardly anyone seems to give us credit for an excellent second half performance and what a great job KA and PG are doing.

MOTD wittered on about Chelsea for ages, then said they would come to Brentford later, the Brentford bit was all about how we exploited Chelsea's sh*t defending. They. dod drop in how Brentford are excellent or words to that affect a couple of times though.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Was anyone else a bit fed up of the media response to our result and performance - or are we happy to continue under the radar?. The media seems to be all about Chelsea and their poor defending. Hardly anyone seems to give us credit for an excellent second half performance and what a great job KA and PG are doing.

I tried to get on Radio 5 live yesterday and nearly made it on air but they went to another bees supporter (Dave) instead who made similar points and also gave credit to Brighton. I would add Bournmouth in the mix too.

The 3 Bs (Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth) are disrupting the PL big 6 and they dont like it.😀
Merson acknowledged it on soccer Saturday yesterday, he was talking about Brighton rather than us but atleast he admitted pundits and media always talk about big teams having off days, rather than "smaller" teams doing well
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I can't recall any win against a top club where there wasn't a mitigating reason given for the big club losing.
Well lets see what happens against Liverpool next month.

As for me, im just taking it one game at a time and trying hard not to get too excited.😀
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Was anyone else a bit fed up of the media response to our result and performance - or are we happy to continue under the radar?. The media seems to be all about Chelsea and their poor defending. Hardly anyone seems to give us credit for an excellent second half performance and what a great job KA and PG are doing.

I tried to get on Radio 5 live yesterday and nearly made it on air but they went to another bees supporter (Dave) instead who made similar points and also gave credit to Brighton. I would add Bournmouth in the mix too.

The 3 Bs (Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth) are disrupting the PL big 6 and they dont like it.😀
I think it's fair game for the media to criticise Chelsea's defence, because it has been consistently cack all season.

Where we should have been given more credit is keeping a clean sheet against them. No-one else has done that.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Why did Chelsea not wear their blue home kit?

The shorts clashed with ours and I thought that was not allowed. Liverpool are wearing there home shorts against Muff as the black ones in their away kit would clash with Muffs.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

The shorts clashed with ours and I thought that was not allowed
I thought this too. Was almost impossible to tell them apart.

This is what the Laws say on colours:

3. Colours

  • The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials
  • Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials
  • If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I thought this too. Was almost impossible to tell them apart.

This is what the Laws say on colours:

3. Colours

  • The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials
  • Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials
  • If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played.

PL has extra regulations

1789913485502.png
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I’d love to see a game where Sunderland and Brentford played each other both in their home kits. Absolute mayhem.
Pretty sure Plymouth played in green and white stripes at Home Park and we played in our home kit.

Frustrating game for someone with a red / green colour blindness!! 😆
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Pretty sure Plymouth played in green and white stripes at Home Park and we played in our home kit.

Frustrating game for someone with a red / green colour blindness!! 😆
We won that game 5 v1 and Nicky Forster scored a hatrick and I think Gus Hurdle or Carl Hutchings made there Bees debut. I had a great time on the train back to London but thats another story.😀
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I couldnt watch the game so recorded it , well I thought I had . Ive seen enough extended highlights but I enjoy watching the post match celebrations .Is there any where I can see this peeps ?
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I couldnt watch the game so recorded it , well I thought I had . Ive seen enough extended highlights but I enjoy watching the post match celebrations .Is there any where I can see this peeps ?
Put the following criteria into Instagram (if you have it) and you will get a few clips and some ridiculous AI attempts, as well.

‘brentford vs chelsea post match celebrations’
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

I couldnt watch the game so recorded it , well I thought I had . Ive seen enough extended highlights but I enjoy watching the post match celebrations .Is there any where I can see this peeps ?
The full match video is on the BFC O/S under Video > Full Match Replays.
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Cheers but it doesnt show the celebrations and I dont have Instagram
Have you tried searching for the fixture on Sky Sports as they should do a rerun of the full coverage which you can then record
 

Brentford 3 (Anthony, Thiago, Fabio) Chelsea 0

Back
Top Bottom