mhead bee
Well-known member
Kevin Schade
He got awarded an assist for both in FPL, 9 points in total.
Bloody Telegraph.
He got awarded an assist for both in FPL, 9 points in total.
He's key to the way we play, selling him in January would be a disaster for this season.
Just get the new contract done.
If he is indeed now interested in signing/extending his contract, then now is the time. I know there's been the whole 'Kevin never smiles' stuff, but he genuinely looks the most happy with his football so far this season than at any other point. He looks like he really wants to be here.Think he been a totally different player this season starting to believe in himself loved the take no sh*t on friday from that little ***** who he sent flying. Could push to be top scorer this season
Alternatively if he wants a step-up, champions league etc, January window might be his peak value, just saying.
Even if he's not going to sign a new contract,the premium price of a winter transfer won't out weigh what he'll be worth helping us get to Europe,we'd be much weaker without him imho.January premium.
At least he's shut up the pair of dull lads behind me from constantly giving him a coating game in and game out.
Well, telling them to shut the f*** up with their negativity about us also seems to have worked. They've piped down for months now.
But for how long......??.....
For this alone PG should give KS whatever he asks for in his new contract!!!!
View: https://x.com/VictoryOwai/status/2101034606992761162?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E2101034606992761162%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
Hobbit, surely??!!This should be shown to the England team on how to deal with the dwarf runt
Even if he's not going to sign a new contract,the premium price of a winter transfer won't out weigh what he'll be worth helping us get to Europe,we'd be much weaker without him imho.
Like when we sold Dean Holdsworth?Someone once said, it is never wrong to take a profit.
Like when we sold Dean Holdsworth?
We will only sell mid-season if we are extremely confident that he can be replaced seamlessly.
We didn’t sell Holdsworth mid season and he was never going to stay.Like when we sold Dean Holdsworth?
We will only sell mid-season if we are extremely confident that he can be replaced seamlessly.
Agreed, but we’ve also moved on from mid-season 10 years ago when the judgment was “we’ve got a 2% chance of a top-2 finish, a 12% chance of making the playoffs, but a less than 1% chance of going down, so let’s take the mid-season premium” : in the EPL with £3million extra per final placing let alone competing for European football, the equation is much more nuanced, it’s not just the £££ on the sale of a player…We didn’t sell Holdsworth mid season and he was never going to stay.
Possibly DJ is a better comparison and we HAD to sell him to keep the Wolf from the door.
We don’t keep unhappy players or depreciating assets, and we’ve learned (at boardroom/senior level) to take the emotion out of transactions
It’s good news as we’d likely have fewer points and there would be a queue to get some quiet in the snug on hereNot sure if Kev's impressive start to the season is good news or bad for us (Phil Giles) in terms of the likelihood of him signing a new contract......
Will certainly give him/his agent good reason to ask for an improved deal.....
How many times have we sold a player of any importance in January? Not once since we’ve been promoted.How many times has that, or something similar been said over the past 15 years. Someone once said, it is never wrong to take a profit.
When was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.How many times have we sold a player of any importance in January? Not once since we’ve been promoted.
Last one I can remember was Mepham in January 2019, and that was a season where we had nothing left to play for at that stage.
When was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.
You think we wouldn't sell if we got a bid of £75m? Especially if Schade makes it clear he's running down his deal...
Really everything's going to depend on the size of any bid and whether he's likely to sign a new deal. For example....if we know he's not going to sign a new deal and we get a bid of £75m in January then imo we DO sell him. Otherwise we're trying to flog him with just 1 tv year left and how much do you think that takes off the price....£20m? £30m?
If he plays the next 33 games as well as he’s played the first five, there will be an auction involving the richest clubs in the world.When was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.
You think we wouldn't sell if we got a bid of £75m? Especially if Schade makes it clear he's running down his deal...
Really everything's going to depend on the size of any bid and whether he's likely to sign a new deal. For example....if we know he's not going to sign a new deal and we get a bid of £75m in January then imo we DO sell him. Otherwise we're trying to flog him with just 1 year left and how much do you think that takes off the price....£20m? £30m?
... meaningful cover....none of those you mention could lace KSs boots... he's going nowhere in January... he's staying and helping BFC achieve CL status next season.... that's the plan.... that's ambition.When was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.
You think we wouldn't sell if we got a bid of £75m? Especially if Schade makes it clear he's running down his deal...
Really everything's going to depend on the size of any bid and whether he's likely to sign a new deal. For example....if we know he's not going to sign a new deal and we get a bid of £75m in January then imo we DO sell him. Otherwise we're trying to flog him with just 1 year left and how much do you think that takes off the price....£20m? £30m?
Worked out fine with theWhen was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.
You think we wouldn't sell if we got a bid of £75m? Especially if Schade makes it clear he's running down his deal...
Really everything's going to depend on the size of any bid and whether he's likely to sign a new deal. For example....if we know he's not going to sign a new deal and we get a bid of £75m in January then imo we DO sell him. Otherwise we're trying to flog him with just 1 year left and how much do you think that takes off the price....£20m? £30m?
I'd prefer Kev over the others too...and prefer him to sign a new deal....... meaningful cover....none of those you mention could lace KSs boots... he's going nowhere in January... he's staying and helping BFC achieve CL status next season.... that's the plan.... that's ambition.
I think we would have held out for nearer that yes.Worked out fine with thedoes anyone think we'd have got 75-85M if he had more than one year left?
.......can you imagine what our side would look like if we sold KS in January.... regardless of the money being offered (yes I've said that)....he is absolutely vital if BFC are looking to play CL football next season...if they're not....then of course they'll sell him for the right money.... I'm simply looking at this as a supporter.I'd prefer Kev over the others too...and prefer him to sign a new deal....
but if it's a choice between £75m in Jan, £30m in the summer, or nothing the next summer....imo we take the £75m and reinvest.
Chances are we don't get a bid this big anyway and it's all immaterial.
It's all very well saying just keep him but if he's worth £75m in Jan let's say....then you're effectively paying £25m for every half a season he stays (on top of wages) to keep him (by not selling him). That's still a lot of money to us.
If he did go, I hope his replacement isn't a Portuguese winger called Morais Jonas.We didn’t sell Holdsworth mid season and he was never going to stay.
Possibly DJ is a better comparison and we HAD to sell him to keep the Wolf from the door.
We don’t keep unhappy players or depreciating assets, and we’ve learned (at boardroom/senior level) to take the emotion out of transactions
But if he stays and helps us reach the Champions League that would be worth way more to us than any extra transfer fee we could realise in January…When was the last time we had meaningful cover to be able to sell in January? With KLP/Antony/Dango (plus Nunes and when he returns Romelle) it's an OPTION.
You think we wouldn't sell if we got a bid of £75m? Especially if Schade makes it clear he's running down his deal...
Really everything's going to depend on the size of any bid and whether he's likely to sign a new deal. For example....if we know he's not going to sign a new deal and we get a bid of £75m in January then imo we DO sell him. Otherwise we're trying to flog him with just 1 year left and how much do you think that takes off the price....£20m? £30m?
... hope you've done the maths mate... I'd get your tin hat on just in case.... unless of course you are actually MB.But if he stays and helps us reach the Champions League that would be worth way more to us than any extra transfer fee we could realise in January…
Maybe so.But if he stays and helps us reach the Champions League that would be worth way more to us than any extra transfer fee we could realise in January…
....we have many games before the January window opens... perhaps let's just see how KS has performed... and where we are in the league at that time... again purely from a supporters perspective.Maybe so.
I just don't think it's anywhere near as clear cut as many think/hope/kid-themselves.
You're really weighing the difference between a big jan offer and your expectation of what you might realistically get in the summer, versus how many extra points playing KS over say KLP or JA gets us. That difference in likelihood of the CL vs that judgement on the difference on millions might be a 10% higher chance of the CL versus £30m.
You can pick whatever numbers you like...I just think don't think a big bid is dismissed out of hand (if the player has made it clear they're heading for the exit).
We might keep him on that premise and then miss out on CL. Not the same as being asked to sell to another club for 75M when it is clear Schade does not want to sign another contract. Should not come as a surprise on here, everyone knows how we work.But if he stays and helps us reach the Champions League that would be worth way more to us than any extra transfer fee we could realise in January…
And if Schade wants to stay.....we have many games before the January window opens... perhaps let's just see how KS has performed... and where we are in the league at that time... again purely from a supporters perspective.
We all WILL see how he has performed and where we are in the league...that's an absolute certainty........we have many games before the January window opens... perhaps let's just see how KS has performed... and where we are in the league at that time... again purely from a supporters perspective.
...I wasn't aware that he's asked to leave...has he.And if Schade wants to stay.
Read the thread back from last week and it'll become clearAI assures me that Kevin’s in the first squad (Netherlands vs. Germany tomorrow, and Germany vs. Greece on Sunday), while Vitaly’s in the second (Germany vs. Serbia on Thursday, 1 October and Greece vs. Germany on Sunday, 4 October). Any reason to disbelieve that?
Not as far as i am aware, but if he is unwilling to sign a new contract it obviously means the same thing indirectly. Both Schade and his agent will know how the club operate. I guess we will find out over the next 2 to 3 months....I wasn't aware that he's asked to leave...has he.
I think the key is re-investing. This is a season where we can push for a very high finish, I think it only makes sense to sell him at any price if we have very specifically another winger that can perform at a similar level that we can bring in at the same time we sell him.I'd prefer Kev over the others too...and prefer him to sign a new deal....
but if it's a choice between £75m in Jan, £30m in the summer, or nothing the next summer....imo we take the £75m and reinvest.
Chances are we don't get a bid this big anyway and it's all immaterial.
It's all very well saying just keep him but if he's worth £75m in Jan let's say....then you're effectively paying £25m for every half a season he stays (on top of wages) to keep him (by not selling him). That's still a lot of money to us.
The sale price next summer if we sell him to a PL club won't be that much different to this January imo unless someone like arsenal or city have an injury crisisI'd prefer Kev over the others too...and prefer him to sign a new deal....
but if it's a choice between £75m in Jan, £30m in the summer, or nothing the next summer....imo we take the £75m and reinvest.
Chances are we don't get a bid this big anyway and it's all immaterial.
It's all very well saying just keep him but if he's worth £75m in Jan let's say....then you're effectively paying £25m for every half a season he stays (on top of wages) to keep him (by not selling him). That's still a lot of money to us.
Hilarious.Bet he's grinning from ear to ear![]()
I managed to get it for £2.49Game is on prime but costs £2.50