Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches (4 Viewers)

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

I gave up a while back worrying about all the things Brentford are not capable of achieving because in the last 10 years they have achieved nearly all of them against all the odds. I love seeing us up against the very best week in week out and will do for as long as it lasts. I don't want the competition to get easier to help us win something.


Same. In fact I almost don't care if we get to Europe, win a cup or the PL etc, because I've come to realise what I've enjoyed most about our rise is the recognition

Football fans when they find out who I support don't confuse us with Brentwood, or Bradford any more

They dont hilariously say Brentford Nylons

They say, "ah you are doing so well, such a well run club, good to see you establishing yourselves in the PL. Your scouting is quality too etc"

In addition they can all easily name five or six players at the club without hesitation.

I feel respect towards the club now from other fans, as opposed to tolerant but condescending amusement. The inferiority complex is gone, the sense of belonging is genuine, and I feel we are now taken seriously in our own right.

It's a great feeling.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Same. In fact I almost don't care if we get to Europe, win a cup or the PL etc, because I've come to realise what I've enjoyed most about our rise is the recognition

Football fans when they find out who I support don't confuse us with Brentwood, or Bradford any more

They dont hilariously say Brentford Nylons

They say, "ah you are doing so well, such a well run club, good to see you establishing yourselves in the PL. Your scouting is quality too etc"

In addition they can all easily name five or six players at the club without hesitation.

I feel respect towards the club now from other fans, as opposed to tolerant but condescending amusement. The inferiority complex is gone, the sense of belonging is genuine, and I feel we are now taken seriously in our own right.

It's a great feeling.
?
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Thanks listened to this was quite good. Interesting listening to the host a big city fan who choose not to go to the QPR game or none of the CL finals
What a FANNY he must be .
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

The fact this hasn’t been resolved by now debases the game.
Bit like Man U and their pursuit of Bryan. Which will get resolved first!? ?
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Same. In fact I almost don't care if we get to Europe, win a cup or the PL etc, because I've come to realise what I've enjoyed most about our rise is the recognition

Football fans when they find out who I support don't confuse us with Brentwood, or Bradford any more

They dont hilariously say Brentford Nylons

They say, "ah you are doing so well, such a well run club, good to see you establishing yourselves in the PL. Your scouting is quality too etc"

In addition they can all easily name five or six players at the club without hesitation.

I feel respect towards the club now from other fans, as opposed to tolerant but condescending amusement. The inferiority complex is gone, the sense of belonging is genuine, and I feel we are now taken seriously in our own right.

It's a great feeling.
Same here @wibs
And in addition I now really enjoy giving it the “Shame, but someone’s got to do it mate” whenever I meet a Man U, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton fan etc
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

If you listen carefully enough, you'll hear a can being kicked down the road. The football authorities are as likely to anything about any big clubs breaking the rules as I am to getting a 9 year contract from Chelsea (although that is more likely)!
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

If you listen carefully enough, you'll hear a can being kicked down the road. The football authorities are as likely to anything about any big clubs breaking the rules as I am to getting a 9 year contract from Chelsea (although that is more likely)!
Something wrong with your hearing, it’s coming through loud and clear where I am.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

If you listen carefully enough, you'll hear a can being kicked down the road. The football authorities are as likely to anything about any big clubs breaking the rules as I am to getting a 9 year contract from Chelsea (although that is more likely)!
Its an independent commitee who are dealing with these charges and that particular panel is still considering its verdict.
Its a very complex situation that will,understandably,take time.
115 charges to go through was never going to be finalised over night.
How close we are ?
Only the Panel know.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

If you listen carefully enough, you'll hear a can being kicked down the road. The football authorities are as likely to anything about any big clubs breaking the rules as I am to getting a 9 year contract from Chelsea (although that is more likely)!
The grass in my garden has got very long. When I cut it I found a file marked "MCFC Charges". Thats one hell of punt from EPL Towers to my back garden
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Its an independent commitee who are dealing with these charges and that particular panel is still considering its verdict.
Its a very complex situation that will,understandably,take time.
115 charges to go through was never going to be finalised over night.
How close we are ?
Only the Panel know.

I've got as much confidence in that panel as I have in the panel looking into the Post Office scandal.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Its an independent commitee who are dealing with these charges and that particular panel is still considering its verdict.
Its a very complex situation that will,understandably,take time.
115 charges to go through was never going to be finalised over night.
How close we are ?
Only the Panel know.
No idea but based on the date of the original post in this thread we are at c 30 months and counting
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

I've got as much confidence in that panel as I have in the panel looking into the Post Office scandal.
The panel will do what it has too and remember it is independent and nothing to do with the Premier League.
As for the Post Office ?
Its very similar to Hillsborough.
Authorities grouping together to protect themselves.
236 people jailed out of 900 prosecuted.
Many lives ruined and no one was listening to them.
Where have we heard this before ?

And btw that Chelsea kit.
Take it off mate,they are loaning you out to Dinamo Minsk.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Call me an old cynic but this has a whiff of Man City getting away with the myriad of charges that still have not had a resolution...
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Call me an old cynic but this has a whiff of Man City getting away with the myriad of charges that still have not had a resolution...
Just to point out - APT rules are nothing to do with FFP.
City are still on the hook for multiple breaches of FFP rules spread over a number of years.
I expect they will get away with some charges but given they are facing a total of 115 charges surely they will be found guilty of some. ’No smoke without fire’ I say.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

It’s a bit of a tidy up, by declaring a draw on the later charges.
Perhaps an indication that something might be happening on the original shenanigans?
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Just to point out - APT rules are nothing to do with FFP.
City are still on the hook for multiple breaches of FFP rules spread over a number of years.
I expect they will get away with some charges but given they are facing a total of 115 charges surely they will be found guilty of some. ’No smoke without fire’ I say.
I know but this has the feel of the FA doing a deal with Man City and City basically not pursuing this ruling in exchange for a lesser punishment on the 115 FFP charges
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Yes something to do with sponsorship .

Seems they agreed to the ruling .
I think it’s to do with the bullshit payments like naming the stadium Etihad & giving themselves tons of money.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

We've missed a trick here. Create a Luton to Nottingham airport airline & get hundreds of millions in sponsorship.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

It’s a bit of a tidy up, by declaring a draw on the later charges.
Perhaps an indication that something might be happening on the original shenanigans?
Something is happening.
The deliberations on the charges for one.
If it takes 1 week for every charge to be sorted then thats is 115 weeks.
Until every charge has been properly dealt with AFTER the original hearing then it will take that long.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

I know but this has the feel of the FA doing a deal with Man City and City basically not pursuing this ruling in exchange for a lesser punishment on the 115 FFP charges
Its a seperate issue and the 115 charges have had their hearing.
The deliberations on those charges are ongoing.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Its a seperate issue and the 115 charges have had their hearing.
The deliberations on those charges are ongoing.
Yes I know - my point is that this feels like a way for the FA to justify a decision to be lenient on the 115 charges whenever they finally get round to actually announcing the verdict
 
  • Like
Reactions: ITK

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Yes I know - my point is that this feels like a way for the FA to justify a decision to be lenient on the 115 charges whenever they finally get round to actually announcing the verdict
Its an independent panel who will announce the verdict.
The Premier League will hand out the punishment.
Not the FA.The FA do not run the Premier League.
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Its an independent panel who will announce the verdict.
The Premier League will hand out the punishment.
Not the FA.The FA do not run the Premier League.
Sorry I meant PL not FA - let's see what punishment Man City get on the 115 charges 👍
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Based on the 261 days it took Leicester to have one charge sorted, that works out to be 82.18 years until City get their results
So now that's 79.18 years
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Based on the 261 days it took Leicester to have one charge sorted, that works out to be 82.18 years until City get their results
So now that's 79.18 years
Pep still manager?
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

They’ll have the best lawyers money can get to drag this out even more though...
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Looks like we're gonna move up the table 😆 hope they get put down to League one or the conference. Now we know why Pep really left. Chelski next
 

Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches

Here we f'ing go
 
Back
Top Bottom