On the basis that revoking previously "won" titles
isn't on the table, I'd imagine it will go something like this:
- An x point deduction that creates a jeopardy for TV whether they'll stay up or not (but insufficient to guarantee they drop).
- An x season transfer embargo to be applied from the end of the January window (giving them enough time to stock up and tie up existing contract extensions).
- An x million fine which will pay the PL legal fees with the remainder being used as a fixed pot for clubs wanting to sue (meaning current PL clubs have a disincentive to sue since they no longer have to contribute to the PL fees plus a finite pot for all clubs to fight for (legal costs vs potential reward).
- An x million payment to "voluntarily" support a grass roots campaign if they don't appeal the decision (to make Citeh look truly repentant).
As much as I'd like their local derby to be against Stalybridge Celtic, I can't see it happening.