GABS
Well-known member
- Joined
- 17 Apr 2000
- Messages
- 13,659
- Reaction score
- 12,414
If he plays the next 33 games as well as he’s played the first five, there will be an auction involving the richest clubs in the world.
The sprint upfield that creates the position to develop a chance. I wonder how often his touch is the one before the assist?Surprised to read he only has 9 assists for us. Suppose a lot of the time he breaks forward, creates the chaos and that gives us a chance, even if he doesn’t get the G/A
Discussing with my Chelsea friend (The sprint upfield that creates the position to develop a chance. I wonder how often his touch is the one before the assist?
Ok, Ok so Kev's world class. You don't have to keep on about it!Discussing with my Chelsea friend (), he though we "went defensive" after the opening goal but then agreed it was clear that our tactic was to hold in our half, luring their centre backs up to the half-way line, then use Damsgaard to break that line for Schade and Thiago to run in behind.
For our second, he said Kevin's pace was frightening, basically giving us two players on the 'keeper. For the third, it was Kevin's pace that gave him the opportunity to cross between 'keeper and a back-pedalling defence and, again, said it was clearly our tactics that had three player at the far post, one scoring.
So, Schade was key to Keith's (and Damien's, I guess) tactics that turned what could've been a cagey 1-1 (which he was hoping for after our first) into blowing them away.
I really enjoyed that discussion!
If you’ve been paying attention you’ll know that Lyall Thomas has proven over many years that he’s one of few journalists who has some credibility when it comes to Brentford reporting.As Jim Royle would say, closely monitored my arse.
If they wanted him he would be tapped up already and the bids winging their way over. They aren't sitting politely back waiting for us to offer a contract to see what happens. These people just write rubbish, surely everyone knows this by now, nobody can possibly read it and believe it.
I think he's extremely accurate at reporting the things he's actually told by Brentford management...If you’ve been paying attention you’ll know that Lyall Thomas has proven over many years that he’s one of few journalists who has some credibility when it comes to Brentford reporting.
Yep, which, compared to some of his counterparts, is a reasonable amount.I think he's extremely accurate at reporting the things he's actually told by Brentford management...
I get the impression there's no other journalist that gets Brentford "leaks" info, nevertheless gossip about other clubs that may mention Brentford won't be coming from Brentford. For other journalists it's generally an interview with a named individual that's published.Yep, which, compared to some of his counterparts, is a reasonable amount.
If you’ve been paying attention you’ll know that Lyall Thomas has proven over many years that he’s one of few journalists who has some credibility when it comes to Brentford reporting.
I’d expect they are, yes, just like we’re monitoring multiple players’ contract situations.Ok, so the bigs clubs are “monitoring” the situation are they?
Totally agree, for some reason they are ignoring him, so many times waiting for the ball, and it goes the other way, I bet he is well pissed off with some of his team matesthis is absolute dog sh*t , He’s not playing in his best positions
I’d expect they are, yes, just like we’re monitoring multiple players’ contract situations.
The notion that Lyall Thomas writes “rubbish” is, er, rubbish.So true but hardly earth shattering news. I think that was what mhead bee.com was alluding to.
Is this a WW2 message that just got through?I’m in Crete surrounded by Germans ,,hotel is full of them
It is not rubbish, but be fair he is stating the obvious. I cannot put a price on him, but he will go £60/70 million may be more. At that price there are probably no more than half a dozen or so clubs who can pay that money, and there is little doubt that they are all monitoring Kevin. You did not need me to spell that out. The contract talks are of interest, and is news, the monitoring is not news. It is the monitoring that I believe mhead bee is talking about, at least I think he is. I am out now as this is a waste of time.The notion that Lyall Thomas writes “rubbish” is, er, rubbish.
lol , even they gave up watching and I pretty much watched on my own until he was subbedIs this a WW2 message that just got through?