TW1Bee
Active member
Manchester City Found Guilty Of FFP Breaches
Just a thought but do UEFA have an interest in this as ultimately it has contributed to their involvement in the CL which must be somewhat tainted also now.
The Sauds will have nothing to do with Man.City and their litigation.I am old and cynical but aware that money talks and Saudi backed litigation will be very firmly in the minds.
Full houses, on tv every week so extra money thereWhy would the Championship love to have them? It pretty much ensures a promotion place is lost. They all only play them once at home so where’s the upside?
UEFA already investigated the same things and punished them - the sporting sanction (a two year CL ban) was overturned by CAS though.Just a thought but do UEFA have an interest in this as ultimately it has contributed to their involvement in the CL which must be somewhat tainted also now.
They already charged them banned them for 2 years (About 4 years ago??)Just a thought but do UEFA have an interest in this as ultimately it has contributed to their involvement in the CL which must be somewhat tainted also now.
Cas cleared them on technical reasons as the charges were past the statute of limitations. Imo city have farked themselves by waiting until the independent football regulator has come in. Couple of years ago the punishment would have bee less imoThey already charged them banned them for 2 years (About 4 years ago??)
And the Lawyers let them off with nothing on appea...
Why? They all play them home once each, so might be a full house once each. Although City are not the greatest of support either. They’ll probably not fill out their own stadium. As for TV they can’t be on every week unless you’re suggesting Sky will amend their contract to accommodate a cheat?Full houses, on tv every week so extra money there
There’s no business like show business.Obviously a really complicated situation. I saw one interview where it was stated that when you add up prize money for PL places, CL appearances and other competition prizes you are already at a billion pounds or so. Then there are the fictitious sponsorship deals of several 100s of millions. Presumably all of that money will have to be removed from their balance sheet.
They also stand to lose virtually all of there genuine sponsorship I would have thought.
Even before you look at possible punishments such as points deductions/relegation you are looking at a huge financial black hole that the owners will not be able to finance as presumably every penny of future income will be forensically examined. Even liquidating their star spangled squad would probably not come close to covering that sort of liability.
In short they have dragged City and English football through the mud and seem intent on continuing to do so by fighting against the guilty verdict.
I honestly think this could be the end of them. Hard not to sympathise with their fans.
We were of sorts when we finished runners up to Birmingham and only one team was promoted, we had to go into the playoffs and we're beated by Huddersfield in the semis I believe
Yes Joe would know. Could have saved everyone a lot of time on this if he’d let us know earlierJoe Hart comes out with a statement showing that nothing is wrong in his eyes....
![]()
Joe Hart gives simple verdict on Man City charges and says 'I know what we did'
Khaldoon Al Mubarak addressed reporting around Manchester City's Premier League charges verdict and Joe Hart has now joined the club chairman in speaking outwww.manchestereveningnews.co.uk
Or... Joe Hart was a panellist on a radio forum, said he had no reason to not trust the Chairman's statement and wouldn't enter into speculation until shown otherwise.Joe Hart comes out with a statement showing that nothing is wrong in his eyes....
![]()
Joe Hart gives simple verdict on Man City charges and says 'I know what we did'
Khaldoon Al Mubarak addressed reporting around Manchester City's Premier League charges verdict and Joe Hart has now joined the club chairman in speaking outwww.manchestereveningnews.co.uk
They won't be pushed down it'll be a points deduction if it happens and relegation promotion won't changeIf Man City do get their just desserts and are pushed down a division, or divisions, that will also penalise the teams in Those divisions because there will be one less promotion place to fight for (assuming Man City would walk the division). If you took today's Championship as an example , and Man City had dropped down for this season,that would mean Sheff U or Burnley missing out on automatic promotion, which would be awfully unfair. Imagine if the Bees were in that position!
There's precendence for relegation with Swindon Town.They won't be pushed down it'll be a points deduction if it happens and relegation promotion won't change
The PL wasn't around then so easier to demoteThere's precendence for relegation with Swindon Town.
They won't be pushed down it'll be a points deduction if it happens and relegation promotion won't change
Be better to deduct them 100 points over 4/5 seasons rather than say 1 as then they won't qualify for the CL for that amount of time. One season in the champ it'll be the status quo within a yearAny points deduction surely will be enough to effectively relegate them. Even if they stagger it over several seasons.
....I don't think you and Liam Gallagher will ever be friends.Be better to deduct them 100 points over 4/5 seasons rather than say 1 as then they won't qualify for the CL for that amount of time. One season in the champ it'll be the status quo within a year
Like I said a few pages back you could do both.Be better to deduct them 100 points over 4/5 seasons rather than say 1 as then they won't qualify for the CL for that amount of time. One season in the champ it'll be the status quo within a year
...70 points.....you really think those at the EPL would make themselves look like idiots?Like I said a few pages back you could do both.
Say they worked out the crime was worth 130 points, you could say 70 points deducted now (likely leading to relegation) and then another 20 points in three subsequent seasons.
Either it makes it harder for them to get out of the Championship, or makes it hard to get in the CL (which was then blunt their ability to sign the top players)
Yes, to be honest....70 points.....you really think those at the EPL would make themselves look like idiots?
Fair enough...in simplistic terms... here's what I think might happen...for starters not sure the 'points' punishment will happen this season....my absolute guess would be..and it is a guess..30 points deduction next season and the following two... almost certainly meaning MCFC wouldn't win the league nor perhaps qualify for European competition(no idea how this matter impacts on domestic cup competitions),with the possibility of relegation,should the likes of EH decide to leave the club...a transfer embargo for 3 years.... starting in January....and a substantial fine( undisclosed ?)which will find it's way...via the EPL...into the coffers of all EPL clubs both past and present impacted by MCFCs fraudulent behaviour....I also think there is a possibility MCFC will be sold.Yes, to be honest.
The precedent for a starting point 6 points per year for an FFP/PSR breach, from the Everton and Forest cases. That tariff can move up or down based on whether you cooperated (Forest got a discount for cooperation), clearly City have done everything possible to aggravate the process.
They are under investigation for 9 years. Let's say non-cooperation turns 6 points into 8 points, which is probably a modest assumption given the number of charges around non-cooperation.
9 times 8 is 72 points before you get to the charges around off-books payments to players.
The scale of it is well beyond anything else like this and I would expect the punishment to fit that scale. if it doesn't I will be keen to know why.
Not really the role of a pundit to respond to every question with: "I'm not going to answer 'if' questions". Especially if you're talking three days after the news has dropped and there's no new info.Or... Joe Hart was a panellist on a radio forum, said he had no reason to not trust the Chairman's statement and wouldn't enter into speculation until shown otherwise.
I'm not sure there's any way there will be multiple seasons worth of point deductions...it'll be one season plus a transfer ban and fine. I doubt it'll be anything more than that.Fair enough...in simplistic terms... here's what I think might happen...for starters not sure the 'points' punishment will happen this season....my absolute guess would be..and it is a guess..30 points deduction next season and the following two... almost certainly meaning MCFC wouldn't win the league nor perhaps qualify for European competition(no idea how this matter impacts on domestic cup competitions),with the possibility of relegation,should the likes of EH decide to leave the club...a transfer embargo for 3 years.... starting in January....and a substantial fine( undisclosed ?)which will find it's way...via the EPL...into the coffers of all EPL clubs both past and present impacted by MCFCs fraudulent behaviour....I also think there is a possibility MCFC will be sold.
... you're probably right....I guess the number of points deducted will be the interesting part.... enough to stop them winning the league... but not enough to ensure they are relegated... perhaps....hey ho..... all I know is the EPL need to get their house in order moving forward.... they make the rules...they police them properly.I'm not sure there's any way there will be multiple seasons worth of point deductions...it'll be one season plus a transfer ban and fine. I doubt it'll be anything more than that.
Surely not, I thought they bled sky blue, if you were to cut them, such is their loyalty.That’s exactly what will happen. I was being sarcastic
Reading the submitted paperwork.The case finished on
6th December 2024
What took them so long ?
I’m not an accountant (and this may appear a little naive), but I’m under the impression that if an accountant signs off false accounts then that individual can be criminally prosecuted for doing so. So the ramifications of this will, obviously, involve the club’s senior management as well as the day-to-day running of the club outside of the EPL’s own regulations and assumed punishment that may follow.
This example is why it needs to be the most serve punishment possible, outright blatant cheating.BBC Sport story says: The sham commercial deals were described as being part of a "disguised funding scheme" to the scale of £830.69m.
Unbelievable scale of cheating. I think there's a moral case of them losing all that money and being relegated to League Two.
Not saying that's going to happen but I do believe that as the scale of this becomes clearer they're looking at a huge and unprecedented punishment.
BBC Sport story says: The sham commercial deals were described as being part of a "disguised funding scheme" to the scale of £830.69m.
Unbelievable scale of cheating.