Vitaly Janelt

Vitaly Janelt

I thought he had switched allegiance to Bosnia? Did I hallucinate that?
he got Bosnian citizenship through his wife, presumably with an eye on possibly playing for them because he thought Germany wouldn't happen. but he never played for them.
 

Vitaly Janelt

he got Bosnian citizenship through his wife, presumably with an eye on possibly playing for them because he thought Germany wouldn't happen. but he never played for them.
He played competitive games at Youth level for Germany, so it could never have happened without a FIFA ruling, which would've been unlikely
 

Vitaly Janelt

The transfer that best personifies the Brentford way of doing business.
Remember when we all, me included I’ll admit, worried he didn’t have PL level talent and would have to be replaced once we were promoted?…

So happy for him.
 

Vitaly Janelt

I certainly thought he’d reached his ceiling a couple of seasons back and thought we needed to find an upgrade if we were going to progress.

I am very happy to have been proven very wrong.

Many thought the same until it became known that he had carried an injury for most of the season. Operation, missed the last few games, when Baku took 4 or 5 games to get to speed and we see what we see again
 

Vitaly Janelt

Many thought the same until it became known that he had carried an injury for most of the season. Operation, missed the last few games, when Baku took 4 or 5 games to get to speed and we see what we see again
I think he said he'd been playing through pain for more like two seasons.
 

Vitaly Janelt

I certainly thought he’d reached his ceiling a couple of seasons back and thought we needed to find an upgrade if we were going to progress.

I am very happy to have been proven very wrong.
Turns out that the upgrade on Vitaly Janelt was already at the club and his name is Vitaly Janelt. Absolute Bees legend.
 

Vitaly Janelt

Many thought the same until it became known that he had carried an injury for most of the season. Operation, missed the last few games, when Baku took 4 or 5 games to get to speed and we see what we see again
Exactly! I thought he'd been slowing down for a while and was writing him off... until news around the operation last season. This season, he's come back with a roar. After 5 games – 2 goals (3 yellows :() and in WhoScored's Premier League Top 10 at №6, just below Erling Haarland.
 

Vitaly Janelt

Frankly a waste of time for him......2 normal time minutes over 2 game so. He must be gutted.

And what can klopp have learnt from that?
I agree to some extent but Klopp would have had a fair handle on his play from the premier league.
What he would have gained is valuable onsite into how he is at training and around the squad.
Is he a team player.
 

Vitaly Janelt

Don't think it was the kind of game especially as it went on for him to be of use in. Had Germany's "goal" been allowed and they held on then he might have got some minutes in the latter part of the game.
 

Vitaly Janelt

I watched the whole game in Berlin. I think he would have fitted in well if selected. It certainly wasn’t even close to being above his level. Frustrating watching the Greeks… Particularly their right back who seemed to be desperate to get the German left winger sent off. Every time there was physical contact, he went down like he’d been shot, claiming an elbow. To be fair, the referee saw through all of it and just told him to get up every time
 

Vitaly Janelt

I watched the whole game in Berlin. I think he would have fitted in well if selected. It certainly wasn’t even close to being above his level. Frustrating watching the Greeks… Particularly their right back who seemed to be desperate to get the German left winger sent off. Every time there was physical contact, he went down like he’d been shot, claiming an elbow. To be fair, the referee saw through all of it and just told him to get up every time
Yes, very frustrating watching some of their antics. Greece have some very talented players and look a decent side capable of causing some upsets, didn't they beat England quite recently?
 

Vitaly Janelt

Frankly a waste of time for him......2 normal time minutes over 2 game so. He must be gutted.

And what can klopp have learnt from that?
He won’t be gutted, he’ll be absolutely delighted. He’s probably dreamed of playing for Germany since he was a little kid.

Him looking at the potential Bosnia switch was a pretty fair indicator that he’d probably given up on playing for Germany around this time last year, so regardless of how many minutes he’s played him getting on the pitch for his country is a fantastic achievement and will mean a hell of a lot to him and his family.

If you told him (or any of us) this time last year he’d end up playing for Germany in 12 months he’d have likely bitten your hand off, even for two minutes.
 

Vitaly Janelt

He's probably got the shirt framed already!
 

Vitaly Janelt

After googling for an answer, I was disappointed to learn that although German players are "capped" for international appearances they don't receive a physical cap. So he will just have to frame his shirt as a memento of his debut.
 

Vitaly Janelt

After googling for an answer, I was disappointed to learn that although German players are "capped" for international appearances they don't receive a physical cap. So he will just have to frame his shirt as a memento of his debut.
Yes his Wife already indicated that. Physical caps is very much an English thing. Most countries just use 'appearance'

Screenshot_20261005-145735~2.jpg
 

Vitaly Janelt

After googling for an answer, I was disappointed to learn that although German players are "capped" for international appearances they don't receive a physical cap. So he will just have to frame his shirt as a memento of his debut.
unsurprising. It's an English public school thing....originally. Outside the UK&I (and some commonwealth countries), it does not exist.

In Germany they get Länderspiele (international matches) instead.
 

Vitaly Janelt

unsurprising. It's an English public school thing....originally. Outside the UK&I (and some commonwealth countries), it does not exist.

In Germany they get Länderspiele (international matches) instead.
Linked to the wearing / awarding of caps in cricket? Would already have been a thing in cricket by the time football got going.
 

Vitaly Janelt

Linked to the wearing / awarding of caps in cricket? Would already have been a thing in cricket by the time football got going.
Other way around. Cricket started with caps around 1900. Anyway, this has little to do with Janelt.
 
Back
Top Bottom