Josh Dasilva

Josh Dasilva

I hope I am wrong but do not see him coming back the level required anymore. He’s been out for 2 years and that is an awful long time. Can he still play levels below maybe?

In reality he has been out for much longer. His return to first team action in the Premier League after a serious injury, and operation in the Championship was, relatively speaking a short interlude. I agree with your analysis.
 

Josh Dasilva

Assuming he can get back fit again and the last setback against Sunderland did not seem too serious the key is to get him back playing regular football.

Can we give him the minutes he will need to test his fitness and try to regain his form or will he have to go somewhere else even temporarily in January?
I wouldn’t be comfortable with him going to another club on loan even he was “fit”. I wouldn’t trust another club with him
 

Josh Dasilva

F*ck loaning him out, rather have our lot look after him. I'll be stunned if he plays for the first team this season. Partly due to how well we're doing and competition for places, but also because he'll probably need a solid run of games under the B team to get back to anywhere near the level he used to be. That won't be a short-term solution IMO.
 

Josh Dasilva

I started this and what i was expressing is when he is 40 and he has arthritis, inflammation and strains from referred pain etc whilst financially he will be OK he could have long term health issues. Maybe not but encouraging him to keep trying MAY not be the best fir Hosh kong term
 

Josh Dasilva

I started this and what i was expressing is when he is 40 and he has arthritis, inflammation and strains from referred pain etc whilst financially he will be OK he could have long term health issues. Maybe not but encouraging him to keep trying MAY not be the best fir Hosh kong term
I kind of get what you're trying to say.
 

Josh Dasilva

F*ck loaning him out, rather have our lot look after him. I'll be stunned if he plays for the first team this season. Partly due to how well we're doing and competition for places, but also because he'll probably need a solid run of games under the B team to get back to anywhere near the level he used to be. That won't be a short-term solution IMO.


We are literally only 5 games into the season. It feels longer because of the World Cup and this stupid f***ing international break. But I wouldn’t write him off yet, and if he didn’t play would we give him another year, the last 2 were a gamble
 

Josh Dasilva

We are literally only 5 games into the season. It feels longer because of the World Cup and this stupid f***ing international break. But I wouldn’t write him off yet, and if he didn’t play would we give him another year, the last 2 were a gamble
I suspect that a final decision about his future will be made between him and the club before the end of the season and ideally he will have proved his fitness and match readiness. In which case a new contract would be a suitable reward.
 
Back
Top Bottom