Les Beeavinu
Administrator
Aston Villa (a) 10.10.26 @ 3pm
I'm completely fed up with this desperate hunt for some vaguely interesting football now. Let's talk about this game instead.
Last edited:
Is Yarmo fit ?Kelleher
Kayode Ajer Schuster KLP
Yarmo Sangare Janelt
Anthony Thiago Schade
Could be this. Fabio in maybe?
Maybe I’ve misunderstood but I thought that he has been fit enough to play for us despite not being 100% and not playing for Ukraine is part of our planned management of his minutes.Is Yarmo fit ?
Kevin's mate Cash has been playing about 60 minutes in Poland's games so he may not be starting.How about Villa?
3 weeks rest could mean he’s fitter to tackle the next bunch of games, when we tell Ukraine he still needs time off…Maybe I’ve misunderstood but I thought that he has been fit enough to play for us despite not being 100% and not playing for Ukraine is part of our planned management of his minutes.
Fabio for Sangare is my guess but could go either way otherwise suspect spot on.Kelleher
Kayode Ajer Schuster KLP
Yarmo Sangare Janelt
Anthony Thiago Schade
Could be this. Fabio in maybe?
I think this should be the team, would like to see Sangare further forward, using his excellent passing ability to feed the front 3.Kelleher
Kayode Ajer Schuster KLP
Yarmo Sangare Janelt
Anthony Thiago Schade
Could be this. Fabio in maybe?
Fabio for Sangare is my guess but could go either way otherwise suspect spot on.
I’d be gobsmacked if that happenedFabio for Sangare is my guess but could go either way otherwise suspect spot on.
i might stay in the pub if that happens and i love Fab !I’d be gobsmacked if that happened
I don't think there's an alternative for this game unless Jensen is back.Granted this is based on a sample size of only two separate halves but so far whenever the midfield’s had all three of Yarmo, Janelt and Sangaré in it, it hasn’t worked
I’d chuck Fab in there personally. This isn’t the Villa of the past couple of years. Think we can get at themI don't think there's an alternative for this game unless Jensen is back.
Fair pointVilla's 'strength' is in their attacking midfield, e.g. Manzambi; Buendia; McGinn. We'll need to win that midfield battle and get at them with our width. Starting with Janelt, Sangaré and Yarmolyuk make sense.
Fabio for Sangare is my guess but could go either way otherwise suspect spot on.
Agree. Getting the odd goal in a cameo is encouraging but Fabio needs more games for the B team/cup team plus some longer sub appearances before he's a contender to start.Up there with the strangest of selections if it happened.
.... agree with this....and although stating the obvious...I do hope we don't give away daft free kicks just outside our penalty area.Villa's 'strength' is in their attacking midfield, e.g. Manzambi; Buendia; McGinn. We'll need to win that midfield battle and get at them with our width. Starting with Janelt, Sangaré and Yarmolyuk make sense.
I do agree to an extent but I think with all three of those on the pitch, Thiago will end up extremely isolated as he was last half hour at Leeds and all game at Bournemouth.... agree with this....and although stating the obvious...I do hope we don't give away daft free kicks just outside our penalty area.
... fair point...but I'm thinking tomorrow might initially be about containment....we use counter attacks...hey ho....sure KA has a plan how he wants to play this one.I do agree to an extent but I think with all three of those on the pitch, Thiago will end up extremely isolated as he was last half hour at Leeds and all game at Bournemouth
Andrews was asked about the availability of Nathan Collins (calf), Mikkel Damsgaard, Mathias Jensen, Dango Ouattara and Sepp van den Berg (groin).
“They have been on the grass and have been in and around training,” the Bees' head coach continued.
“The one benefit of the last few weeks has been players like Nathan, Sepp and Mathi getting back up to speed and closer to a return.
“Overall, we’ve come through it [the international break] well and we're in a good place for the next chapter.”
Sunday game ?Train from Notts at 11am - couple round new street then ground -safe travels all
Villa's 'strength' is in their attacking midfield, e.g. Manzambi; Buendia; McGinn. We'll need to win that midfield battle and get at them with our width. Starting with Janelt, Sangaré and Yarmolyuk make sense.
I thought KA sounded very non-commital on Dams, Matti, Nathan, Sepp.Certainly sounds as if they are all either available for tomorrow or not far off, with only Josh, Antoni and Kaye out for longer.
I hope he does play and Schade cuts him a new one as pay back for getting him sent off there last seasonKevin's mate Cash has been playing about 60 minutes in Poland's games so he may not be starting.
I can’t post the link but Emery is very complimentary about us in his pre-match presser.