Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford v Celtic (at Griffin Park)

Brentford v Celtic (at Griffin Park)

Celtic have the whole ground we just have the away end 1900.

2. Quote Originally Posted by TuckerBee View Post
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by TuckerBee View Post
    I would hope the club will look at giving the home fans Braemar Road, at least, that's 4,400 approx, only 1900 to home fans will be pointless, you may as well give Celtic the whole of GP and do a Big Screen thingy at Craven Cottage for Bees fans (and any neutrals ).
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    Says who?
    BFC ticket office ..apparently the club have payed alot of money to get Celtic down and need to recoup the cash

5. Quote Originally Posted by TuckerBee View Post
    BFC ticket office ..apparently the club have payed alot of money to get Celtic down and need to recoup the cash
    This will go down well then. Probably won't bother with this one then. Very poor decision by BFC. Giving them Brook Road and New Road would have been a fair compromise but to ask Brentford to play an away game in their own ground, friendly or not, is ridiculous whoever the opponents may be.

Will be interested to see how the club word this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    This will go down well then. Probably won't bother with this one then. Very poor decision by BFC. Giving them Brook Road and New Road would have been a fair compromise but to ask Brentford to play an away game in their own ground, friendly or not, is ridiculous whoever the opponents may be.

Will be interested to see how the club word this one.
    Nothings been announced yet - it's pure speculation....

don't bother with segregation..it's only a friendly after all

8. Quote Originally Posted by hatfieldbee View Post
    Nothings been announced yet - it's pure speculation....
    Fair comment but if the BFC ticket office have told TuckerBee that, and I have no reason to doubt TuckerBee's intregrity, it seems very much to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    don't bother with segregation..it's only a friendly after all
    That will not happen.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

This is not an official announcement just what I was told when I asked

If Bees fans complain, it will be interesting to see who complains and why considering..

a) many Bees have already expressed a wish not to bother attending
    b) Brook Road Upper is the long sought after "best view of the ground"
    c) This decision makes perfect sense for the club and the local community
    Blind Optimist

Joined in Jan 2001
    From No longer my beloved NAM
    42,574 Posts
    3,496 Likes for 2,018 Posts
    I won't be going. Away end at our own ground indeed

you really cannot make it up
    Please don't pull me up.for. Random full.stops.fatty. It's my phone not.my idiocy

13. 2 user(s) liked this post
    Bee4ever (31st May 2013), vcmazz (2nd June 2013)
  14. I don't care who we're playing, or when, we should be allocated more than the away team when playing at home...also would rather Ealing Road than Brook Road

15. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford_till_die (30th May 2013)
  16. Quote Originally Posted by BFC1997 View Post
    I don't care who we're playing, or when, we should be allocated more than the away team when playing at home...also would rather Ealing Road than Brook Road
    Agreed. Allocating Brentford supporters 1,800 in our own ground is insulting, friendly or not. Money talks but I thought we had better values. I look forward to BFC's explanation.

17. 5 user(s) liked this post
    Brentford_till_die (30th May 2013), Delbee (30th May 2013), harry (30th May 2013), hitchinb (30th May 2013), stefobee (31st May 2013)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post
    If Bees fans complain, it will be interesting to see who complains and why considering..

For the club yes, i get that, but why the feck would we prioritise the local community over our own support?

I think Brook Road and New Road should be given to Celtic. Only Brentford fans that can produce a ticket stub from Kev's testimonial should be alllowed to attend.
    The future's bright, the future's Brentford !

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyBee View Post

I'll be the first to complain. It would be a joke and defeat the object of having a home friendly. New Road and Brook Road for Celtic would suffice.

20. Great move on Celtics part find a mug willing to pay to host a team match for all its London/southern based supporters and provide the majority of tickets to Celtic and " home" club is the away support.
    Icing on the cake will be Brentford fans can only purchase one ticket per person via Ticketzone by credit card. Keep chasing that green pound :-)

21. 4 user(s) liked this post
    Ambrose_1889 (30th May 2013), BrentfordGersLoyal (30th May 2013), westwing (30th May 2013), Wickerman (1st June 2013)
    This is not an official announcement just what I was told when I asked
    I think you'll find they agreed to play as an apology for McGinn.

Joined in Jan 2001
    From No longer my beloved NAM
    42,574 Posts
    3,496 Likes for 2,018 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beeloyalist View Post
    Great move on Celtics part find a mug willing to pay to host a team match for all its London/southern based supporters and provide the majority of tickets to Celtic and " home" club is the away support.
    Icing on the cake will be Brentford fans can only purchase one ticket per person via Ticketzone by credit card. Keep chasing that green pound

:-)

24. There is more to football than money and 'cashing in'. I thought Brentford was different.

25. 1 user(s) liked this post
    larrysigny (30th May 2013)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeloyalist View Post
    Great move on Celtics part find a mug willing to pay to host a team match for all its London/southern based supporters and provide the majority of tickets to Celtic and " home" club is the away support.
    Icing on the cake will be Brentford fans can only purchase one ticket per person via Ticketzone by credit card. Keep chasing that green pound :-)
    i can feel a "hail hail.....etc" coming on
    don't worry, I always know best ;)

I had hoped they would give some sort of priority to people who have already purchased season tickets or memberships on our 1800 allocation but they are apparently going straight on general sale

which I find more annoying then our 1800 allocation.
    Last edited by TuckerBee; 30th May 2013 at 16:47.

28. Quote Originally Posted by TuckerBee View Post
    I had hoped they would give some sort of priority to people who have already purchased season tickets or memberships on our 1800 allocation but they are apparently going straight on general sale
    I really hope no Brentford fans turn up for this one. If the club only care about cashing in and keeping Celtic happy, leave them to it.

Had been looking forward to seeing my club against the Scottish champions but this has been totally ruined now. We are rewarded for our support last season by being shoved in the shittest stand in the ground for our 'glamour friendly'. Pathetic, there is nothing the club can say to gloss over this.

29. 4 user(s) liked this post
    Delbee (30th May 2013), Joewakley (1st June 2013), larrysigny (30th May 2013), Savagebee (30th May 2013)
    Surely we would sell out ER and Braemar/New Road ourselves? Put one of the side stands on sale according to the customer charter now, then see how many we sell in the next month. Surely that is the blindingly obvious way to do this? Or am I missing something? Is the club really that thick? The fact is Celtic will sell their allocation whether they have a few weeks or a few days to book tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Surely we would sell out ER and Braemar/New Road ourselves? Put one of the side stands on sale according to the customer charter now, then see how many we sell in the next month. Surely that is the blindingly obvious way to do this? Or am I missing something? Is the club really that thick? The fact is Celtic will sell their allocation whether they have a few weeks or a few days to book tickets.
    100% agree I think we would def sell more then 1800 for this.

I'm a bit gutted really

Thread Information