Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Henrik Dalsgaard - Signs to June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jlove View Post
    Because Dalsgaard is right-footed and Jota is left-footed. Jota's not going to beat a left back on the outside and has to turn inside anyway; Dalsgaard has to stretch the back wide and hope Jota can get into the box more centrally.
    On the contrary I remember Jota skinning players on the outside in his first season, doesn't seem to do it anymore.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow View Post
    On the contrary I remember Jota skinning players on the outside in his first season, doesn't seem to do it anymore.
    I think a certain Mr Bidwelll might disagree with you there

3. Amazed he's getting stick for yesterday or any other game. He's probably been our best new signing and the biggest credit I can give him is that I'm never unhappy when he plays ahead of Colin who I'm a fan of.
    Yes he bought a dummy for their 4th and that was poor, but no full back never gets beaten, Kamo also gets done by the same player afterwards, then Egan and Bjelland don't cover themselves in glory either, all before the goal is scored.
    He was one of our best players yesterday along with Watkins when he came on.
    Cannot fathom him getting any stick from a performance that stemmed from central defensive and central midfield issues.

4. 1 user(s) liked this post
    pauljd1964 (15th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by IDontBeeLieveIt View Post
    Amazed he's getting stick for yesterday or any other game. He's probably been our best new signing and the biggest credit I can give him is that I'm never unhappy when he plays ahead of Colin who I'm a fan of.
    Yes he bought a dummy for their 4th and that was poor, but no full back never gets beaten, Kamo also gets done by the same player afterwards, then Egan and Bjelland don't cover themselves in glory either, all before the goal is scored.
    Cannot fathom him getting any stick from a performance that stemmed from central defensive and central midfield issues.
    Thought the same. Really impressed with him. Sit in New Road so found it easier to follow him first half but liked his attitude. Put a blinding ball along the ground across the box that nobody got on the end of.

6. 2 user(s) liked this post
    IDontBeeLieveIt (13th August 2017), pauljd1964 (15th August 2017)
  7. Quote Originally Posted by IDontBeeLieveIt View Post
    Amazed he's getting stick for yesterday or any other game. He's probably been our best new signing and the biggest credit I can give him is that I'm never unhappy when he plays ahead of Colin who I'm a fan of.
    I thought he was up there as 1 of the better performing starters, but he over committed a few times in the first half and left us exposed at the back. I doubt it'll happen too often after yesterday. You are right, how can he get stick though? He held his own. As a team we defended poorly until Sawyers came on and sat in front of the defence and marshalled the play quite nicely (a sentence I never thought I'd say)

8. 2 user(s) liked this post
    IDontBeeLieveIt (13th August 2017), pauljd1964 (15th August 2017)
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Cernosice, Czechia
    30,063 Posts
    3,079 Likes for 1,856 Posts
    again just from a quick re-watch of the highlights, it's his great header that sets up Jota to feed Josefzoon, who messes up a glorious chance (at 0-0). there was a great low cross later in the first half too (not on youtube). he'll contribute to goals at both ends.
    let's quit all this feudin' and fussin' and get down to some lovin'

Looked a real live wire and had real physical presence. Caught out once or twice but any player trying to make something happen is always going to risk making the odd mistake.

11. 2 user(s) liked this post
    nick logan (14th August 2017), pauljd1964 (15th August 2017)
    Looking at the highlights on Forest's YouTube channel, his complete submission for their 4th was actually a little disgraceful. Got done and completely gave up.
    N503

13. 1 user(s) liked this post
    mattbee (14th August 2017)
  14. Quote Originally Posted by Bixer View Post
    Looking at the highlights on Forest's YouTube channel, his complete submission for their 4th was actually a little disgraceful. Got done and completely gave up.
    Seriously? Disgraceful?
    Look how far he was up the pitch, someone else loses it upfield (which isn't his fault), there are various Bees running back to cover, he still covers half the pitch to get back in the end, as he'd been doing all game up and down the flank, manages to cover one on the edge of the box, then has to try to get out wide to cover the next person too. You can see his head bob down as he's trying to get there.....the poor guy is clearly just fkin knackered and the guy does him on the inside and clearly doesn't have the energy to cope. It's as simple as that.

15. 1 user(s) liked this post
    pauljd1964 (15th August 2017)
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Hull, East Yorkshire
    7,424 Posts
    1,250 Likes for 680 Posts
    I think we forget he's a centre forward that became a right midfielder, that became a right wing back.

Seriously? Disgraceful?
    Look how far he was up the pitch, someone else loses it upfield (which isn't his fault), there are various Bees running back to cover, he still covers half the pitch to get back in the end, as he'd been doing all game up and down the flank, manages to cover one on the edge of the box, then has to try to get out wide to cover the next person too. You can see his head bob down as he's trying to get there.....the poor guy is clearly just fkin knackered and the guy does him on the inside and clearly doesn't have the energy to cope. It's as simple as that.
    Sawyers or Vibe do the same and they'd be absolutely crucified on here
    N503

18. Quote Originally Posted by Bixer View Post
    Sawyers or Vibe do the same and they'd be absolutely crucified on here
    I don't see any comparison at all personally.
    He didn't lose the ball. He had several covering players. He was bombing up and down the flanks all game working his nuts off.
    Bjelland holds the guy up initially but then gets skinned for pace completely, Egan runs back and managed to cover neither of their two attackers, Dalsgaard still gets back but is knackered and covers an attacker on the edge of the box then tries to cover the next man and gets done, and then Kamo also gets done from an easier position to stop him, and then Egan also fails to make a block, and then Bjelland blocks a shot unwittingly and it falls nicely for their player.
    It's incredibly harsh to say he's rubbish as a result. Numerous Bees could have stopped the attack not just him!

I thought the positives of his performance far outweighed any negatives. I'm very surprised at how much stick he's getting on here.
    Heavy metal, top of the class
    Stuff the media up yer arse

20. 1 user(s) liked this post
    IDontBeeLieveIt (14th August 2017)
    It's incredibly harsh to say he's rubbish as a result.
    Which is why I've said nothing of the sort
    N503

22. Quote Originally Posted by Bixer View Post
    Which is why I've said nothing of the sort
    You did say:
    his complete submission for their 4th was actually a little disgraceful. Got done and completely gave up
    Which perhaps isn't as far as saying he was rubbish but it's equally unfair.

23. Thought he was excellent going forward and great engine but in doing so was a bit caught out of position defensively a few times ..

Which perhaps isn't as far as saying he was rubbish but it's equally unfair.
    To each their own, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying the goal was single-handedly his fault and I'm aware that it wasn't his fault that we lost the ball and were quickly on the back foot, but I still think his attempt to shield their winger down the line and subsequent sticking of his leg out was quite weak and he didn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to rectify it.

I'm a big fan, I think he's got a bright future here with us and it's already testament to his quality that he's been able to keep Colin out of the side. I was just a little disappointed with that particular incident. No one should be immune from criticism.
    N503

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Paul View Post
    I think we forget he's a centre forward that became a right midfielder, that became a right wing back.
    Usually a sigh of a player who isn't good enough....next stop the bench.....hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    Usually a sigh of a player who isn't good enough....next stop the bench.....hopefully
    Just out of interest, what is your view of Kevin O'Connor?
    We don't own Brentford FC we have borrowed it from our children. Take care of it please

27. Quote Originally Posted by Bixer View Post
    To each their own, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying the goal was single-handedly his fault and I'm aware that it wasn't his fault that we lost the ball and were quickly on the back foot, but I still think his attempt to shield their winger down the line and subsequent sticking of his leg out was quite weak and he didn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to rectify it.

I'm a big fan, I think he's got a bright future here with us and it's already testament to his quality that he's been able to keep Colin out of the side. I was just a little disappointed with that particular incident. No one should be immune from criticism.
    Well I agree nobody should be immune from criticism (and don't think he covered himself in glory in that instance) whilst obviously disagreeing that quite such stinging criticism is justified this case (especially as I thought he was one of our better players on Sat).
    Anyway let's move on and hope the bigger issues are solved ahead of tomorrow night!

28. 1 user(s) liked this post
    Bixer (14th August 2017)
    Agree. A very good signing and considering it is 2 games in I think he is the only one who deserves his place ahead of the existing players. I want to see woods, Barbet and dean back in tommorow, sawyers in for josh and Ollie for flo and the new CF to start. We need to get a win in.

Quote Originally Posted by djheavens View Post
    Thought he was excellent going forward and great engine but in doing so was a bit caught out of position defensively a few times ..
    Backs should defend. Why have they got to do two jobs. Let the wingers do the attacking. We have let in too many goals over the last couple of years.
    Maybe having wing-backs does not work.

2 unlucky defeats and we need to drop everyone.

never gets any better on here ::
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

32. 4 user(s) liked this post
    alikat (15th August 2017), Beejabers (14th August 2017), pauljd1964 (15th August 2017), upnorthbee (15th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post

Yeah... and as for that **** Woods, I didn't notice him do anything!
    When the wind of change blows some build walls, others build windmills...

Joined in Oct 2007
    From Flackwell Heath, The Shire
    6,682 Posts
    5,393 Likes for 2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post

Mate, thank God I'm on holiday and not at work today. This place is gloomsville at present.

Thread Information