NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1966 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 111 of 217 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5413

Thread: Squad for 2011 / 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by magicbees View Post
    This is the post thats worrying me most, Abee has said he doesn't expect any new signing today. Can't believe we are not getting a foward in, the four that have played this season have scored 1 between them in open play. It was the main problem last season and it continues to be an issue this season.
    1. Clayton Donaldson (1 goal)
    2. Gary Alexander (2 goals)
    3. Charlie MacDonald (0 goals)
    4. ???? (? goals)

Who was the fourth striker we have used?

Quote Originally Posted by Owlsmoor_Bee View Post
    I don't believe there's a recall clause.
    There goes that idea
    In Sir Andy Scott we trust

Quote Originally Posted by ladbroke View Post
    4. ???? (? goals)

Grella
    We don't own Brentford FC we have borrowed it from our children. Take care of it please

4. Quote Originally Posted by Owlsmoor_Bee View Post
    What's happened to you ? You were a voice of reason last season
    I said 'threatening to' not 'has'. I still remain positive but the Sheff Utd and Tranmere games (and the first half vs Orient) have dampened my pre season enthusiasm. All too similar to last season I'm afraid. I don't think we're a million miles away from being a team but we NEED reinforcements. I fear us being cut adrift early on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose_1889 View Post
    I sincerely hope to see 2 or 3 signings today. The season is threatening to run away from us already.

:crazy2:

Mind blowing!!
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,970 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    When everyone is fit i think our squad will look very good with 1 or 2 additions.
    Yep fully agree Nick. I think all the players that have come in under Uwe have improved the squad, if we have to wait a little longer to bring in 2 further players who are right for BFC then I dont have a problem.
    It was just one of those things....

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingbee View Post
    There goes that idea
    This was cleared up when he was loaned out to Rochdale. It's a half season (5months) loan with no recall clause as it's not allowed for that type of loan.
    RiP;Allwright,Gould,Greechan,Hagan,Kennedy,Littler Purver,Robotham,Saunders,Shields,Walker

4. ???? (? goals)

2. Gary Alexander (0 goals)
    4. Mike Grella (0 goals)

League Goals only, dont care about cup goals, bread & butter is the league.

Joined in May 2002
    From Houses of Parliament
    2,339 Posts
    55 Likes for 12 Posts
    4. ???? (? goals)

I presume he meant open play in League Games... So in 5 league games our 2 strikers have scored 1 goal each which is'nt good enough.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

I'm not a Sam Wood 'lover or hater' but I think we need better. He's not going to get us where we want to be, IMO, but as we have nobody else he'll just have to do.

I said 'threatening to' not 'has'. I still remain positive but the Sheff Utd and Tranmere games (and the first half vs Orient) have dampened my pre season enthusiasm. All too similar to last season I'm afraid. I don't think we're a million miles away from being a team but we NEED reinforcements. I fear us being cut adrift early on again.
    I remember Bury away on the first day of the season a few years back. We played so so bad that day and I was convinced for the next week that we would struggle to finish in the top half of the league. Turns out we won the league in the end. I think people underestimate the importance of taking time for the team to gel and settle. Its better to have bad results and performances early as we will learn more from them games than the ones we win.

Joined in May 2002
    From Houses of Parliament
    2,339 Posts
    55 Likes for 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Me too, Karl Robinson called us a " very good Brentford side "
    How often does a manager who has lost refer to a team a bad side?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

13. What's the point in just bringing in bodies just to augment the numbers. There are obviously targets that we want to bring in so better we maybe wait until the loan market opens again in a week or so and try and do our business then rather than blow the budget on others who would not be as good.

We all think we know who the striker loan target might well be so let's hope that a certain Midlands Championship team completes a deal today!

I am sure that there are also Plan Bs in place should our prime loan targets not come to fruition.

Joined in Oct 2007
    From Flackwell Heath, The Shire
    6,675 Posts
    5,384 Likes for 2,284 Posts
    I sincerely hope to see 2 or 3 signings today. The season is threatening to run away from us already.
    I needed this post as it made me laugh during a heavy day at work The GPG at its most hysterical best.
    Thank god my Dad was born in South Acton and not Shepherds Bush....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Bee View Post
    How often does a manager who has lost refer to a team a bad side?
    Don't you become a hater mate, i couldn't bear it :wink:
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain-dead Bee View Post
    I think - unless it's tongue in cheek - this wins today's Premature Panic award. 9 points from 5 games, I think we're 7th, and have just won at MK (albeit only the JPT). Hardly on a par with Orient's start in the league. I'm not saying we've got it all sorted - and Saturday was disappointing - but I'd say the glass is just over half-full

I'd like to see another striker, but if we don't get someone today, we'll shortly have a further chance for loanees.
    A bit OTT maybe, but whichever way you dress it up, our strikers have scored 3 goals from open play in 7 competitive games. Some may wish to close their eyes to that fact, but it is not promotion form. Having said that i know that the mythical '20 goal a season' striker is not available on a buy-one-get-one-free at Tescos, but i think that there are a number of GPGers who would sleep more comfortably in their beds if they felt that we had a serious threat up front. Teams know they can push up against us if we do not offer much in the way of a forward line. Tranmere did their homework, and a large dollop of reality should have been had by all.

the loan window opens soon so no need to panic if we dont get anyone in today

Quote Originally Posted by longdistancebee View Post
    A bit OTT maybe, but whichever way you dress it up, our strikers have scored 3 goals from open play in 7 competitive games. Some may wish to close their eyes to that fact, but it is not promotion form. Having said that i know that the mythical '20 goal a season' striker is not available on a buy-one-get-one-free at Tescos, but i think that there are a number of GPGers who would sleep more comfortably in their beds if they felt that we had a serious threat up front. Teams know they can push up against us if we do not offer much in the way of a forward line. Tranmere did their homework, and a large dollop of reality should have been had by all.
    You could also say we have scored 10 in our last 4 games if you wanted a glass half full moment
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

apparently leicester have had a bid accepted for beckford, there's a chance for schlupp to come back then hopefully!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I remember Bury away on the first day of the season a few years back. We played so so bad that day and I was convinced for the next week that we would struggle to finish in the top half of the league. Turns out we won the league in the end. I think people underestimate the importance of taking time for the team to gel and settle. Its better to have bad results and performances early as we will learn more from them games than the ones we win.
    The difference is that League Two is a much more forgiving division than League One. Some very average sides have come up from L2 in recent years. The importance of taking time to gel and settle is what concerns me because I remember going to so many games last season optimistic that we may finally 'gel' and certain players would come good - it never happened. My main worry is just that the players are not good enough. I like our new signings on the whole and at the moment, I trust Rosler's management. It's just the remnants of the Scott regime left in the squad that are dragging us down, Woodman, Saunders, Weston, Bean, Alexander, O'Connor... these lot are not good enough to be starting games but Rosler has his hands tied because of the silly contracts handed out to them.

Anybody that reads my posts will know I'm no doom merchant but some of the performances have left me worried. The squad at present is, in my opinion, not good enough to get promoted.

What about Chris Taylor of Oldham he looks to be a good player and we seem to be short out real out and out wingers would add quality or too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer paul View Post
    I'm not a Sam Wood 'lover or hater' but I think we need better. He's not going to get us where we want to be, IMO, but as we have nobody else he'll just have to do.
    A little unfair. I am with Les in that his energy and workrate make up for any lack of quality. Having watched Weston capitualte the left had side of the field at Shef Utd I think Sam can, on balance of defending and attacking repsonsibilities, bring more to the side than MW, especially if you factor in MW's inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by puns View Post
    apparently leicester have had a bid accepted for beckford, there's a chance for schlupp to come back then hopefully!
    Shouldn't think so... They've already let a striker go this week and have said Waghorn can leave. Nugent's injured too. So I think they'll need Schlupp for the foreseeable fututre...
    DVT in the Ealing Road

Quote Originally Posted by magicbees View Post
    2. Gary Alexander (0 goals)
    4. Mike Grella (0 goals)

League Goals only, dont care about cup goals, bread & butter is the league.
    So you dont care about the cup goals, yet you are including a player who played 25 mins.
    So in that case the lovely Charle MacDonald in your books only scored 40 goals then for us. He had a better average at Ebbsfleet!

A goal is a goal. Its in competitive, league standard, football. Try telling that cup goals dont count to abee or whoever pays the wages with regards to goal bonuses....

The difference is that League Two is a much more forgiving division than League One. Some very average sides have come up from L2 in recent years. The importance of taking time to gel and settle is what concerns me because I remember going to so many games last season optimistic that we may finally 'gel' and certain players would come good - it never happened. My main worry is just that the players are not good enough. I like our new signings on the whole and at the moment, I trust Rosler's management. It's just the remnants of the Scott regime left in the squad that are dragging us down, Woodman, Saunders, Weston, Bean, Alexander, O'Connor... these lot are not good enough to be starting games but Rosler has his hands tied because of the silly contracts handed out to them.

Anybody that reads my posts will know I'm no doom merchant but some of the performances have left me worried. The squad at present is, in my opinion, not good enough to get promoted.
    I think your right about the squad realistically I think it will be next year when we will have the squad we need and want as the players from the Scott era will be out of contract and Rosler can bring in his own players and if they are to be anything like the ones he has brought in this year we could have a cracking squad. Players like Bean, KOC, Wood etc all hardworking honest pro's but they lack the technical ability to play the type of game Rosler is looking to install.

Thread Information