NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1966 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 206 of 217 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5413

Thread: Squad for 2011 / 2012 Season

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Are you saying that Stevenage paid 0.5m for a player.
    That was the figure quoted in the press.

  2. #5127
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    I said in an earlier thread that I didnt think they would get anyone in in Jan, we hardly ever do, I suspect they have accepted that playoffs are
    beyond us this year
    Perhaps they'll announce it so that we can all save up our money for next year instead of wasting it on this season.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  3. #5128
    Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    That was the figure quoted in the press.
    Must be true then.
    Bees Up, Fulham Down.

  4. #5129
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    If Stevenage have paid 0.5m for a player, then I agree - we should all pack it in.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  5. #5130
    Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    The reported fee for Freeman was 500k, 800k for Tubbs, and it was reported that Fleetwood turned down 1 Million for Vardy eek.
    How can we compete with this.
    A mental club up here with plenty money but little sense enquired about Vardy a few weeks before Xmas, you can cut that figure in half and a tiny bit more, they thought that was a pisstake and pulled out. The truth is that the Fleetwood man doesn't really need or want to sell and maybe has upped his mad demands since then, I would imagine that 800k for Tubbs and more for Barnett has made his star man even more costly in his own mind. These prices are crazy, what would DJ be worth now?
    Bees Up, Fulham Down.

  6. #5131
    Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,086 Posts
    12,901 Likes for 5,644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthamptonBee View Post
    A mental club up here with plenty money but little sense enquired about Vardy a few weeks before Xmas, you can cut that figure in half and a tiny bit more, they thought that was a pisstake and pulled out. The truth is that the Fleetwood man doesn't really need or want to sell and maybe has upped his mad demands since then, I would imagine that 800k for Tubbs and more for Barnett has made his star man even more costly in his own mind. These prices are crazy, what would DJ be worth now?
    With our current success in the transfer market, 250k ........
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

  7. #5132
    Quote Originally Posted by Houghton Bee View Post
    a quick look down the list, only dickson and rhys murphy catch the eye as potential improvements/additions, but i'll be the first to admit 80% of the names mean nothing to me. (out of the players i'd say were affordable or didnt move to clubs in higher divisions)
    What about Will Hoskins from Brighton to Sheff Utd loan surely someone like him would have improved us. Seemed to score for fun for B Rovers last season

  8. #5133
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer paul View Post
    Good luck to those going to Preston.
    Why ?
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

  9. #5134
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    With our current success in the transfer market, 250k ........
    all on the proviso that he gains a cap for Poland.
    Bees Up, Fulham Down.

  10. #5135
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What about Will Hoskins from Brighton to Sheff Utd loan surely someone like him would have improved us. Seemed to score for fun for B Rovers last season
    He has gone to Sheff U with a view to a 450K transfer
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

  11. #5136
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    He has gone to Sheff U with a view to a 450K transfer
    fair enough

  12. #5137
    Quote Originally Posted by Houghton Bee View Post
    Looking down the list on bbc website i cant see any names of players that moved yesterday that would have been both affordable and an improvement on what we already have, imo.
    Agree with that and coupled with the fact Uwe said we wouldn't sign anyone, bit* surprised at the wringing of hands on here. I am sure we will get someone in the loan window. If GA or CD get a knock i am sure German can step up for a game or 2.

    *not at all
    British by birth English by the grace of god.

  13. #5138
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Agree with that and coupled with the fact Uwe said we wouldn't sign anyone, bit* surprised at the wringing of hands on here. I am sure we will get someone in the loan window. If GA or CD get a knock i am sure German can step up for a game or 2.

    *not at all
    We shouldn't be in the position where German has to step up though should we Nick.

  14. Uwe said when being questioned earlier in the season, dont judge us now wait till the end of Jan, presumably when he had opportunity to
    juggle the squad, well its end Jan and apart from a good win against the bottom of the table team I dont see that things are much different, Oh
    thats apart from the fact Stevenage, Carlisle and Bournemouth have all strenghthened their squads (and look where they are in the league).
    Still dont judge us now wait till next season!

  15. #5140
    Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    Agree with that and coupled with the fact Uwe said we wouldn't sign anyone, bit* surprised at the wringing of hands on here. I am sure we will get someone in the loan window. If GA or CD get a knock i am sure German can step up for a game or 2.

    *not at all
    Rosler was also quoted in the press around Christmas as saying any striker we brought in, would be on loan - not a permanent.
    Fear not chaps, we have around half a season to go...lets park the panic party until April !
    Blind Optimist

  16. #5141
    Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    The reported fee for Freeman was 500k, 800k for Tubbs, and it was reported that Fleetwood turned down 1 Million for Vardy eek.
    How can we compete with this.
    We don't want to. 800K for Tubbs is a joke.

  17. DONE: Brentford sign young star Devante Mckain from Maidenhead united

  18. #5143
    Quote Originally Posted by WARFIELD BEE View Post
    Uwe said when being questioned earlier in the season, dont judge us now wait till the end of Jan, presumably when he had opportunity to
    juggle the squad, well its end Jan and apart from a good win against the bottom of the table team I dont see that things are much different, Oh
    thats apart from the fact Stevenage, Carlisle and Bournemouth have all strenghthened their squads (and look where they are in the league).
    Still dont judge us now wait till next season!
    I wonder what their financial position is? Bournemouth have a rich backer now who appears happy to p*ss money up a tree. We don't want to go there do we? Oh and by the way, we are rather nicely placed in the League despite all the problems that have beset Uwe re injuries etc.

  19. #5144
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From East Colnbrook but my heart in Dixie
    5,595 Posts
    953 Likes for 545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_bees7 View Post
    DONE: Brentford sign young star Devante Mckain from Maidenhead united
    Saw that on twitter who is he

  20. #5145
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    I wonder what their financial position is? Bournemouth have a rich backer now who appears happy to p*ss money up a tree. We don't want to go there do we? Oh and by the way, we are rather nicely placed in the League despite all the problems that have beset Uwe re injuries etc.
    Did you mean we don't want to go there again? Remember the silver haired one?
    We don't own Brentford FC we have borrowed it from our children. Take care of it please

  21. #5146
    Quote Originally Posted by kevalutonbee View Post
    Did you mean we don't want to go there again? Remember the silver haired one?
    I had erased him from my memory bank. Now I'm feeling angry.

  22. #5147
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_bees7 View Post
    DONE: Brentford sign young star Devante Mckain from Maidenhead united
    It seems the chips are down...
    DVT in the Ealing Road

  23. Quote Originally Posted by beebopalula View Post
    We don't want to. 800K for Tubbs is a joke.
    Bournemouth don't think so. And their recruitment record over the past few seasons is pretty impressive.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by nick logan View Post
    He has gone to Sheff U with a view to a 450K transfer
    As I just posted on a different thread, we are a small club and once the secret is out about a player, we can't compete with these bigger clubs for players.
    So, that means that for the most part we have to unearth non-league rough diamonds and sign them, or get lesser known players on loan from Premiership/Championship sides.

  25. #5150
    Joined in Apr 2000
    From Ickenham normally to be seen wearing a Tu Tu and pink ballet tights....
    719 Posts
    179 Likes for 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moribee View Post
    Saw that on twitter who is he
    He is a young centre back who occasionally plays for Maidenhead, not someone we should be looking at yet as he rarely plays. However they have a striker that other league clubs are looking at.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Brentford Squad 2011 / 2012
    By Les Beeavinu in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 6th January 2012, 12:33
  2. New kit for 2011/12 season
    By absenteebee in forum General Bees Discussion
    Replies: 503
    Last Post: 4th October 2011, 18:24
  3. 2011/2012 Season Tickets
    By WarrenBee in forum General Bees Discussion
    Replies: 358
    Last Post: 19th September 2011, 09:04
  4. Brentford Squad 2011 / 2012 - Discussion thread
    By Les Beeavinu in forum Team and Transfer Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21st April 2011, 16:23
  5. F A Cup changes for 2012/2013 season
    By clad1 in forum Football World & World of Sport
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 25th February 2011, 21:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •