Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2378

Thread: Clayton Donaldson Signs

Quote Originally Posted by steve.bees89 View Post
    Explain how its ridiculous. I was referring to all round play, which I think is pretty obvious in my post.

They are different players I just think Clayton offers a hell of a lot more than Charlie does.
    I like both CM and GA, but the future they aint. They have had their day. I honestly think we would be no better off if we had kept them. They both proved their loyality to the club
    If my posts offend, then please do not read them. they should not be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by West Wilts Bee View Post

I like both CM and GA, but the future they aint. They have had their day. I honestly think we would be no better off if we had kept them. They both proved their loyality to the club
    Actually agree with all of your post until the bit about loyalty to the club. Think both put everything into the club whilst wearing the shirt but simply moved on when better opportunities came along and they considered themselves and their families as most of us would do. Don't think either of them deserves the tag disloyal.

Joined in Jul 2011
    From Northolt
    8,363 Posts
    3,318 Likes for 1,807 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balders Bee View Post
    Actually agree with all of your post until the bit about loyalty to the club. Think both put everything into the club whilst wearing the shirt but simply moved on when better opportunities came along and they considered themselves and their families as most of us would do. Don't think either of them deserves the tag disloyal.
    if rumours are right regarding the departure of both,shows them both in different lights,not exactly respectful........and dont they have the same agent ?

4. I didn't go on Sat, but have just seen the highlights and what a tremendous finish from CD for the opener. I can't recall many players in recent years who could get us goals like that. Now he's found form long may it continue - even though I fear it's arrived three games too late for the POs.

I liked Macdonald and Alexander when they were Bees players, for different reasons, but they left for better deals (their prerogative, that's modern football); and anyway, neither is destined to rip it up in the championship, so let's move on for gawd's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbee View Post
    I didn't go on Sat, but have just seen the highlights and what a tremendous finish from CD for the opener. I can't recall many players in recent years who could get us goals like that. Now he's found form long may it continue - even though I fear it's arrived three games too late for the POs.

I liked Macdonald and Alexander when they were Bees players, for different reasons, but they left for better deals (their prerogative, that's modern football); and anyway, neither is destined to rip it up in the championship, so let's move on for gawd's sake.
    When CD joined us, a Crewe fan was quoted as saying that he would get goals as long as he got plenty of chances (say 1 in 4) & that the way Crewe played meant that he would get that number of chances.

The early part of this season at BFC, we played 4-5-1 a lot. I expected Alexander to be the target man but he actually seemed to be the link man with CD as the lone, and often isolated, target man. CD certainly lost some confidence but he never 'hid' imo and always worked hard & effectively without scoring. Interestingly it has been quoted by various players that they are now trying to get the ball behind defenders for CD to get on to & this seems to suit him.

I think CD is a better long-term bet than either CM or GA. He is not young but could be coming into his best years, whereas the other two are not likely to do so. His scoring record over the last 3 seasons bears comparison & he is not injury-prone - a broken leg held him back at Crewe during his first season there, but that is usually more due to bad luck than the various muscle & ligament injuries that sadly afflict certain players.

CD is fast, is strong & very skilful at times, is a good team-player & can terrorise defences. I hope his progress continues & think he could be a very valuable player for us next season.

Btw, people have mentioned Stuart Beavon as being a very good striker - I agree. However prior to this season his scoring record was very poor. I would love to see him at BFC next season, but the goal-scoring 'facts' of his league career to date would not support me. A similar argument could also be put forward against Chris O'Grady, another player I like.

Another good game but didn't really get any chances.
    Thought we scrapped Donaldson taking throwins was peeved off to see it again less than 1minute into the match, weve been doing well recently without him taking them but finally a goal from one of them

Uwe said Brentford had noticed Oldham had been troubled by long throws in previous games and decided to use them tonight.
    Striker Clayton Donaldson had stopped taking them in recent games due to a lack of success with the move.

"We haven't used long throws lately as I felt we were wasting our time putting our two centre halves up and getting nothing," said Uwe.

"We saw Oldham against Leyton Orient and Leyton Orient used long throws.Oldham had problems so I thought we should use them.
    We did all the work on the tactics board and the players did it very well in the game.
    I'm very happy we could execute one of them."

Well done UR

Joined in Mar 2009
    From Keighley, West Yorkshire.
    1,313 Posts
    377 Likes for 203 Posts
    I would suggest the fact we had stopped using long throws recently might have helped as well, with Oldham probably not expecting it, and not prepared. Maybe it is a better weapon when used sparingly.
    The search for someone to blame is always successful.

Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,972 Posts
    305 Likes for 208 Posts
    It was also better than his usual long throws. It seemed flatter and faster, rather than looped

played well again last night but understandably looking a bit tired, hopefully we can get a couple of early goals sat and sub him to rest up for Monday

Joined in Jan 2003
    From Ealing
    7,972 Posts
    305 Likes for 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanworthbee View Post
    played well again last night but understandably looking a bit tired, hopefully we can get a couple of early goals sat and sub him to rest up for Monday
    That'll be hard as I can't see Morrison making a full 90 minutes for a while... but while he was on the pitch, he made a big difference with reading the game and laying the ball off well with foot, head or chest

Clayton had another good one. Morrison movement off the ball is a different gear. They could both get us out this division next year. By the way I've not given up on this season yet.

Amazing change from pretty striker to watch then to confidence gone and head down and suddenly back to shoot on site and looking full of goals.
    He's brilliant to watch when he's on form, long may it continue.
    Bees Up, Fulham Down.

Joined in Oct 2008
    From Kingston-Upon-Thames
    3,971 Posts
    847 Likes for 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthamptonBee View Post
    Amazing change from pretty striker to watch then to confidence gone and head down and suddenly back to shoot on site and looking full of goals.
    He's brilliant to watch when he's on form, long may it continue.
    Fully agree, someone somewhere has pushed his button.
    It was just one of those things....

Glad he didn't score last night...................saving his goals for the important games to come........

Also we never lose when CD scores!!! FACT!!
    Mafeking Avenue.............gets you there!

Since he's been taking throw ins again the goals have dried up

Quote Originally Posted by Brentford_till_die View Post
    Since he's been taking throw ins again the goals have dried up

Well he'd have to be bloody quick to get on the end of one.
    Not in the inner circle so can only give opinion not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JTofBFC View Post
    Well he'd have to be bloody quick to get on the end of one.
    If we beat Southend.

I think one of his wheels has come loose again .
    If we beat Southend.

Not his best day today and missed a good chance in the first half

21. A bit light weight today, didn't work the channels enough and powder puff.

We needed some strength up front so Legge was the right option IMO.

Not sure what message that sent out if Legge has to come on to battle up front!!

Lots of running around today but did not show any instinctive touches which are the requisite of a good centre forward. He remains a real enigma as he has everything a forward could ask for, pace, strength and ability it just seems that he struggles to utilise all these attributes at the same time.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Joined in Aug 2002
    From Sandhurst, Berkshire
    48,126 Posts
    12,940 Likes for 5,664 Posts
    Was he really that bad? Would have been nice of Morrison to take a bit of the load but it was Clayton who ran down absolutely everything - raw end of the deal imo.
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Beeavinu View Post
    Was he really that bad? Would have been nice of Morrison to take a bit of the load but it was Clayton who ran down absolutely everything - raw end of the deal imo.
    No he wasn't IMO. Bugger all service from midfield and a strike partner who made less of the little ball that came his way than Clayton did. Certainly not one of his better days but he wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.
    Any idiot can face a crisis. It's the day to day living that wears you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlsmoor_Bee View Post
    No he wasn't IMO. Bugger all service from midfield and a strike partner who made less of the little ball that came his way than Clayton did. Certainly not one of his better days but he wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out.

I was just stating that when he went on his scoring run it coincided with dropping him from throw in duty

Thread Information