Just the result for me, i live in the Villa heartland so will take great pleasure in wearing my bees coat around the town this week with a huge smile on my face:giggle:
Yes and he's not only one, I found out the other day that the leader of the RMT union Mick Lynch may be a Bees fan.
As someone who has to travel home and away by rail I am not too chuffed (pun intended).
Am now sweating on my Cross Country trains to Newcastle (for Sunderland) will run on the...
The Griffin is still the best, always a warm welcome from Claire and the big G.
We did call into dirty dick's tavern (The Express) after the match for a quick wobbly glass pint
Sad news about Chris, always had a chat with him prematch in the Griffin and at away pubs when we bumped into him.
Our thoughts are with his family and mate Dickie
Yes I lived in Greenford Avenue until 2000, remember Jim Marshall's shop well and also when they moved to a new shop in Ealing Broadway on the site of the current shopping centre.
The original shop was a couple of doors up from the Rolls Royce dealer which is still there!
I think the Leeds fans inside the ground will politely applaud Brentford on there victory parade around the pitch at the end and then make their way quietly to local hostelries to get a taste for bitter served at room temp (not f**king frozen) as in the north and will all join in a toast to...
Fair play to Ed Sheeran for sticking by his local club and sponsoring their shirts and not following a moneybags celeb club.
I'am not a big fan but he has earned a few TAP's with me
So sad to hear about the great Peter G, like everyone has said he was a giant of a man in a golden era (the 1970's) of supporting the Bees for me.
And that rare thing a one club player mostly, unlike today's agent driven culture
A month ago we'd be looking at this one as a chance to improve our goal difference, now if we scramble a point tonight it's an open top bus tour of Hounslow
?
Ah happy days of special trains from Ealing Broadway.
I remember it was a long walk from Cardiff station in the pissing rain and an even longer walk back trying to stay in one piece.
Cardiff fans were being taken out of the ground throughout the whole match it seemed, the match would have been...
I once saw Terry Evans queuing up to get into Oscars disco at the Oldfield Tavern in Greenford.
He was on crutches at the time as he was supposed to be out injured.
Don't know if he waved his crutch around on the dance floor, i didn't look that closely?
I started off in 1970 paying an extra 50p to sit on the wooden bench seats in the front of the Braemer road stand.
In the 80's i stood opp the half way in New road and then sat when all seating was introduced.
And now stand (Or did i should say) at the scoreboard end of Ealing road. My one...
I used to support The Dons in the 1970's, great times including the away meetings on Epsom coaches.
Also went to the World finals in Poland (crowd of 120,000 for this one!), Sweden and at Wembley of course.