Not Happening Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Confirmation that a transfer is now dead and the thread will be locked.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

That was the exact tactic that was sooo successful a few years back ..Benstead long high ball out to Gayle, the tall left-winger's header inside to Deano/Blisset .... and another goal.:ROFLMAO: COYB's :hat:
More than a few years back. About 34 years to be more accurate.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

That was the exact tactic that was sooo successful a few years back ..Benstead long high ball out to Gayle, the tall left-winger's header inside to Deano/Blisset .... and another goal.:ROFLMAO: COYB's :hat:
Unless it was Reading away when we all began to have some doubts about Holder's tactics.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Please explain why you care about the amount we get for him? It's not your money and we're not skint. So if it's £30 mill, £50 mill or £60 mill what difference does it really make?
Clearly you weren’t one of the guys outside Griffin Park with buckets collecting coins to save the club in years before mate.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Clearly you weren’t one of the guys outside Griffin Park with buckets collecting coins to save the club in years before mate.
Your comment makes zero sense mate. I've been a Bees fan since I was a kid and remember well the times when people were collecting money outside the ground. But what relevance does that have to how many millions we sell Kevin Schade for?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Your comment makes zero sense mate. I've been a Bees fan since I was a kid and remember well the times when people were collecting money outside the ground. But what relevance does that have to how many millions we sell Kevin Schade for?
How would you feel if we got £2m for him?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

How would you feel if we got £2m for him?
I wouldn't question it. Because I trust the people that do these deals and would believe there was a reason for it. The money our club makes has no bearing on my life day to day.

I think people need to remind themselves that we're no longer plucky little Brentford reliant on fans buying coca cola in the hope that we might just get enough money to buy our next "superstar", or having to walk to Hartlepool so that we can afford to put petrol in the team bus this week. We're a massive club in the world from a financial perspective. We have absolute geniuses running our club, arguably the best management team in the Premier League. If what we get for Kevin Schade or any other player is good enough for them, who the f*** am I to complain about it?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I wouldn't question it. Because I trust the people that do these deals and would believe there was a reason for it. The money our club makes has no bearing on my life day to day.

I think people need to remind themselves that we're no longer plucky little Brentford reliant on fans buying coca cola in the hope that we might just get enough money to buy our next "superstar", or having to walk to Hartlepool so that we can afford to put petrol in the team bus this week. We're a massive club in the world from a financial perspective. We have absolute geniuses running our club, arguably the best management team in the Premier League. If what we get for Kevin Schade or any other player is good enough for them, who the f*** am I to complain about it?
Just a word of caution if you openly suggest your not into complaining some of your access rights on here maybe taken away 😳🧐😳
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I wouldn't question it. Because I trust the people that do these deals and would believe there was a reason for it. The money our club makes has no bearing on my life day to day.

I think people need to remind themselves that we're no longer plucky little Brentford reliant on fans buying coca cola in the hope that we might just get enough money to buy our next "superstar", or having to walk to Hartlepool so that we can afford to put petrol in the team bus this week. We're a massive club in the world from a financial perspective. We have absolute geniuses running our club, arguably the best management team in the Premier League. If what we get for Kevin Schade or any other player is good enough for them, who the f*** am I to complain about it?
It doesn't have to be that extreme either way.

If we got 2 mill for Schade you'd be weird to not bat an eye lid. You must understand how financial fair play works now? It's important we sell high, so if we sold Schade for 2 million (which is obviosuly a crap example) you'd have to question it.

On the other hand, getting offended (like some on here) do about the difference between 40 and 60 million is also a bit stupid, at that range obviously you trust Phil Giles and MB.

This forums always extremes isn't it :LOL:
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Please explain why you care about the amount we get for him? It's not your money and we're not skint. So if it's £30 mill, £50 mill or £60 mill what difference does it really make?
I appreciate you’ve already had a few responses to this, but I’m still confused as to the point.

If it makes no difference what we get, therefore do you get any satisfaction from signing a Premier League proven talent like Jaidon for just £17m? That’s what PG does so brilliantly, identifies what we need and negotiates a good price.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

It doesn't have to be that extreme either way.

If we got 2 mill for Schade you'd be weird to not bat an eye lid. You must understand how financial fair play works now? It's important we sell high, so if we sold Schade for 2 million (which is obviosuly a crap example) you'd have to question it.

On the other hand, getting offended (like some on here) do about the difference between 40 and 60 million is also a bit stupid, at that range obviously you trust Phil Giles and MB.

This forums always extremes isn't it :LOL:
100% agree mate.

I think my earlier example of selling Mark Flekken for less than we paid for him was a good one. It got a deal done and enabled us to buy Kelleher for what was perceived as around 50% of his true/market value. It still amazes me that real Bees fans question PG and his team. If there's anyone deserving of a statue it's him. I'd also be the first in line to start asking questions if we had PSR issues. But we're in an amazing place financially and in the last 2 seasons have regularly broken our in and out transfer records. I think we're doing ok, even if we don't get that extra couple of mill for KS. ;)
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I appreciate you’ve already had a few responses to this, but I’m still confused as to the point.

If it makes no difference what we get, therefore do you get any satisfaction from signing a Premier League proven talent like Jaidon for just £17m?
I'm constantly excited by the players we bring in. I remember the bad old days like a lot of us, so buying these ballers is brilliant in my opinion. If you're asking am I more satisfied that we got Jaidon Anthony for £17 mill and would I have questioned it if it was £20 mill then absolutely not. Both numbers are ridiculous by the way. But I have no knowledge of how the system works or what happened behind the scenes to make that deal. So until I'm given reason to question it i.e., if we do suddenly have a PSR issue or are constantly in a relegation battle due to every player we've signed being sh*t, then I'm quite happy to accept that PG knows best and trust him and his team implicitly.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

100% agree mate.

I think my earlier example of selling Mark Flekken for less than we paid for him was a good one. It got a deal done and enabled us to buy Kelleher for what was perceived as around 50% of his true/market value. It still amazes me that real Bees fans question PG and his team. If there's anyone deserving of a statue it's him. I'd also be the first in line to start asking questions if we had PSR issues. But we're in an amazing place financially and in the last 2 seasons have regularly broken our in and out transfer records. I think we're doing ok, even if we don't get that extra couple of mill for KS. ;)

I think it’s 2 things.

1. Pride in the club. A big outgoing fee validates our ability to operate well in the transfer market and, even if we don’t care for a player, makes us happy that they are actually good. Or that another club is getting fleeced (hisssssss).

2. We are a small fish (relatively) and we don’t want to perceive that anyone is pulling our pants down with a player leaving. We don’t want to roll over easy or be dictated to either by the buying club or the player.

So in both cases we feel better as fans when we get a high fee for our player. The good thing is that PG and the team want the same as that’s our model, only sometimes their priorities might not be the same as ours. For example if they are taking a players personal situation into account or wanting to build a good relationship with the buying club for whatever reason.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

A big offer from Saudi would give us a chance to improve the position potentially make a few bob ✅

keV would no doubt do alright too 👍
Saudi spending seems to have slowed down this window. Summerville went for crazy money but apart from that no other huge transfers really from them so far
(im not sure when their window shuts or if it shuts*?)
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

2. We are a small fish (relatively) and we don’t want to perceive that anyone is pulling our pants down with a player leaving. We don’t want to roll over easy or be dictated to either by the buying club or the player.
Good point this. We are a small fish in Premier League terms but with the proposed sale of KS are predominantly dealing with an Italian club in Roma (although Saudi being involved changes things slightly) and compared to Roma's financial position we are a whale. If, and I honestly hope we don't, the club want to sell KS then trying to squeeze out another million or two possibly hinders the deal. From every angle I look at this I feel that, to me personally, the money we get for a player is irrelevant. I accept that others think differently....I just don't get why.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Saudi spending seems to have slowed down this window. Summerville went for crazy money but apart from that no other huge transfers really from them so far
(im not sure when their window shuts or if it shuts*?)
I seem to remember that Saudi's window closes weeks after every other league. That may have changed but was certainly the case in recent years.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Just checked, Saudi's transfer window closes 6th September
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

If it makes no difference what we get,
It makes no difference to fans... but every player release, sale and purchase makes a considerable difference to BFC’s finances and the management group will be focused on it all the time.

On that basis, on historical precedent and the fact that the financial numbers you see on the internet are 100% inaccurate, it’s not something we, as fans, should be overly concerned with. Just enjoy what we have and where we’re going.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Saudi spending seems to have slowed down this window. Summerville went for crazy money but apart from that no other huge transfers really from them so far
(im not sure when their window shuts or if it shuts*?)
Think that particular gravy train is ending when it comes to massive fees
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Let’s not forget the couple of millions we pick up for fringe players/B teamers. We seem to only talk about the first teamers we sell for big bucks, but those £s also help.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

-A bigger fee helps us more

-Not standing tall on our valuations would cause us to be lowballed further and further

How are either of those controversial??
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

It makes no difference to fans... but every player release, sale and purchase makes a considerable difference to BFC’s finances and the management group will be focused on it all the time.

On that basis, on historical precedent and the fact that the financial numbers you see on the internet are 100% inaccurate, it’s not something we, as fans, should be overly concerned with. Just enjoy what we have and where we’re going.

It does make a difference to some fans because it makes a difference to me. In reference to @birdy67 earlier post about whether if we’d paid £20m instead of £17m would that have been deserving of questioning, no, but it does deserve highlighting. That £3m difference is the same amount we paid for Raya and represents 6 x Vitaly Janelt (of course I appreciate inflation nullifies this in reality but you get my point). It deserves highlighting because not appreciating it is what leads some fans to jump out of their seats, wondering why not being savy has led their clubs to fall foul of financial FairPlay.

Which is why saying it’s not your money and whether we sell for £30m or £50m makes no difference to us, doesn’t appreciate the fact not all fans have a romantic notion of selling and buying players, that most are acutely aware that football is a business, even if the intricacies of it are lost on us.

We’re actually in agreement over everything else you said, but saying we as fans should paid it no mind inadvertently does a disservice to just how well run we are

P.S. Hoping to see Kev with us next season (don’t say I didn’t stick to the topic 🤣)
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Did he play yesterday?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Your comment makes zero sense mate. I've been a Bees fan since I was a kid and remember well the times when people were collecting money outside the ground. But what relevance does that have to how many millions we sell Kevin Schade for?

How many football fans have blindly trusted their owners because they have liked what they see on the pitch, only to be proven to have misplaced their trust in the long term?

The only reason we trust our owner is because we can see what he buys and sells for, and that is worthy of discussion because we can see what pond we are fishing in and it is of huge interest to us. I don't want to bury my head in the sand when it comes to our transfer dealings, I wan't to follow it because it is interesting and exciting. and makes us what we are.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

How many football fans have blindly trusted their owners because they have liked what they see on the pitch, only to be proven to have misplaced their trust in the long term?

The only reason we trust our owner is because we can see what he buys and sells for, and that is worthy of discussion because we can see what pond we are fishing in and it is of huge interest to us. I don't want to bury my head in the sand when it comes to our transfer dealings, I wan't to follow it because it is interesting and exciting. and makes us what we are.
I get the last sentence about it being interesting and exciting to look at transfer dealings but your first comments seem to indicate some active role in scrutinising the actions of MB . Is this the reality? If you do not like a fee what are you going to do about it?
Secondly your comment that ‘the only reason we trust our owner is because we can see what he buys and sells for ‘ may be true for you but certainly not for me. I trust MB because of the amazing progress we have made on and off the pitch since he took over. New stadium, fab training ground, Prem football have been delivered while pricing and supporter experience have been favourable. I trust what I see with my own eyes and that does not mean knowing the ins and outs of transfer dealings.
Each to their own however
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I wouldn't question it. Because I trust the people that do these deals and would believe there was a reason for it. The money our club makes has no bearing on my life day to day.

I think people need to remind themselves that we're no longer plucky little Brentford reliant on fans buying coca cola in the hope that we might just get enough money to buy our next "superstar", or having to walk to Hartlepool so that we can afford to put petrol in the team bus this week. We're a massive club in the world from a financial perspective. We have absolute geniuses running our club, arguably the best management team in the Premier League. If what we get for Kevin Schade or any other player is good enough for them, who the f*** am I to complain about it?

50p? #ragebait
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I've not seen him in any media 🤷
Both our OS and Wycombe’s are very light on participants with players only mentioned for goals and the photo’s seem similarly goal events. Wycombe refer to it as a practice match. I guess we’ll need to wait for Saturday to learn anything.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Having looked at this thread every day for about a week, as far as I can see, there is nothing of any substance whatsoever to suggest there is any chance of Schade (or Jensen for that matter) leaving in this window. 🤷
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

How many football fans have blindly trusted their owners because they have liked what they see on the pitch, only to be proven to have misplaced their trust in the long term?

The only reason we trust our owner is because we can see what he buys and sells for, and that is worthy of discussion because we can see what pond we are fishing in and it is of huge interest to us. I don't want to bury my head in the sand when it comes to our transfer dealings, I wan't to follow it because it is interesting and exciting. and makes us what we are.
Think I pre-empted my comments by saying that whilst we don't have PSR issues or are constantly battling relegation due to the players we've bought being sh*t. I'm far from burying my head in the sand mate, and I'd argue that anyone who's active on here is generally taking an active interest in our club. But I personally don't see any point in questioning how many millions we've made on a player and whether that's good or bad business as we are only privy to the price paid, not how the deal is structured, so wringing your hands about the odd million or two lost or gained is a total waste of energy.

One day, god forbid, that situation may change but for now, in PG we trust. Right?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Having looked at this thread every day for about a week, as far as I can see, there is nothing of any substance whatsoever to suggest there is any chance of Schade (or Jensen for that matter) leaving in this window. 🤷
Is this interest just his agent trying to get a new longer contract.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Is this the reality? If you do not like a fee what are you going to do about it?


Well, clearly nothing, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have a passing interest in what it is, does it?
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Think I pre-empted my comments by saying that whilst we don't have PSR issues or are constantly battling relegation due to the players we've bought being sh*t. I'm far from burying my head in the sand mate, and I'd argue that anyone who's active on here is generally taking an active interest in our club. But I personally don't see any point in questioning how many millions we've made on a player and whether that's good or bad business as we are only privy to the price paid, not how the deal is structured, so wringing your hands about the odd million or two lost or gained is a total waste of energy.

One day, god forbid, that situation may change but for now, in PG we trust. Right?
If you take that approach then you may as well say that this entire board is a waste of time, We cannot do anything about who we sign or who leaves. Come to that we cannot do anything about injuries so why bother discussing them. This is no different to discussing transfers or how much or little they are. We can do nothing to affect anything so why bother.
I suggest you go to a quiet place, and sit down, and think of emptiness because you cannot do anything about something that is not there. May you rest in peace!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

I wouldn't question it. Because I trust the people that do these deals and would believe there was a reason for it. The money our club makes has no bearing on my life day to day.

I think people need to remind themselves that we're no longer plucky little Brentford reliant on fans buying coca cola in the hope that we might just get enough money to buy our next "superstar", or having to walk to Hartlepool so that we can afford to put petrol in the team bus this week. We're a massive club in the world from a financial perspective. We have absolute geniuses running our club, arguably the best management team in the Premier League. If what we get for Kevin Schade or any other player is good enough for them, who the f*** am I to complain about it?

Your posts make me think you think we’re richer than we are.

Also people are speculating about whether they’d be happy with a transfer income before the management team have made any decision that we’re actually aware of. So it’s all speculation about what people reckon they’d feel happy with in the event…

After all this is a forum for mostly uninformed or semi informed opinions. The “I trust in management whatever they say” brigade may as well bore off a football forum.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

How many football fans have blindly trusted their owners because they have liked what they see on the pitch, only to be proven to have misplaced their trust in the long term?

The only reason we trust our owner is because we can see what he buys and sells for, and that is worthy of discussion because we can see what pond we are fishing in and it is of huge interest to us. I don't want to bury my head in the sand when it comes to our transfer dealings, I wan't to follow it because it is interesting and exciting. and makes us what we are.
I trust mathew with all aspects of our club.
He has always had the club best interests first.
He has been our saviour taken us to a place we could have only dreamed about.
There has been a lot more work going in not just buying and selling players.
In Mathew we trust.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

No I don't. If you only trust Benham because Phil Giles is quite good at transfers then you're a pretty cynical individual

You know exactly what I meant, it is one of the reasons, but you knew that. Have a day off.
 

Kevin Schade (Roma + Saudi Arabia links)

First, and very important point to make, I am most definitely not in the know! I have never ever claimed to be so, indeed I am quite the opposite.
In regards to your attitude to discussing the monitory value of a transfer, or being more precise, ignoring it completely, I find incomprehensible. Contrary to your statement that I had not read your previous posts, I had, and considered them not worth replying to. I am at the other end of a long spectrum to you in that I consider that the potential profit, and loss on any transfer is of vital importance to the club. That extends beyond the first team to the B’s etc.
Brentfords transition from the lower echelons of the league to their current position is due entirely to efficiency in the business, and in particularly regards to their ability to make as much profit on as many transfers as possible. I could also make a case that the profit angle is more important than the football because without the profit on past transfers the club would not be in its current position. It may have escaped your narrow vision that this club some 15 years, or so ago faced bankruptcy. It now walks with giants, it has a team playing fantastic football, full of star players representing their countries. All this built on money! Money accumulated on astute transfer dealings over the years, so yes, it is important to discuss the value, and potential profit from future dealing. The future of the club depends on the continuation of astute dealings on the transfer market, the profit/loss, the development of the player and success of the team. Get the financial side of the equation wrong and we will tumble down the leagues just as fast as we ascended the ladder. There are numerous examples of clubs who have done just that, and faced bankruptcy.
I shall continue to discuss money, finances, profit/loss on transfers as the future of this club depends on all those issues, I live in the real world not some hippy commune where they believe everything is provided for nothing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom